PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Lottery Some Day? Thank The 2011 Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not arguing.

The Colts not trying isn't a theory. It's a fact. You can either accept that, or you can't.

Exactly, that organization made a business decision knowing that PM was done for the year to look to the future with Andrew Luck on the horizon and that future was to do what it could to make sure that Andrew Luck will be a Colt for the next 15 years.

Be it playing the worst of 2 backup QBs or choosing to not even address the situation at all, to IR'ing key players, to consistenly making sure that even if they had a half time lead to make sure the team did what it had to do to make sure the game was lost.

This team was on a mission for Andrew Luck. I already provided the Pierre Garcon fumble earlier in this thread for some proof. At that juncture in the Bengals game, it was very late in the game and the Colts had the lead. Pierre did what he could do to make sure he gave that 7 points to the Bengals. Matter of fact in that same game, Dallas Clark let a Bengal take the ball right out of his hands. I've watched Clark play football for a long, long time one of the surest handed, disciplined football players we've ever seen literally handed the football to a Bengal. I was suspicious before then, but after witnessing those 2 plays in particular, I was sold.

Bill Polian and Mr. Irsay you've tanked your way to Andrew Luck. I must say, it was a good business and organizational decision for your franchise. But in my heart, I will always know that you trashed the integrity of every game you played this year to accomplish that goal.

Last edited:
I don't think the Colts are trying to lose. They are just that bad. I mean, think about it, every other team in the NFL has at least 1 win. Isn't there plenty of incentive to win 1 game.
+1 and I tell you this. They've had a solid "lead" in the worst-team contest for a few weeks now. I honestly believe they've been trying over the past couple weeks because they will want to save themselves the embarassment of a winless season. At home against Carolina was probably a game they targeted to try and win.

Yes, you would think that the Polian haters would instead cherish this moment of looking down on this winless team as they are pathetic. But instead we choose to trash him for potentially consipiring to throw games. I'll take option A.

Me too. This is the F'n team that hung the biggest AFC Championship Game turnaround on us in history. I know its not the Jets; but can't we all just savor the fact that they suck?

Oh, so because other fans would slam the Pats and accuse them of such a claim, you feel the need to act that way towards the Colts. OK then!

This idea that the Colts players are throwing games is BS. Just a bunch of Poillian haters who want to slam him so they make up reasons to do so.

And we made he and Irsay both talk about taking Luck earlier this season, we're some badassed haters using mind control like that, someone should take our powers away.

Oh, so because other fans would slam the Pats and accuse them of such a claim, you feel the need to act that way towards the Colts. OK then!

This idea that the Colts players are throwing games is BS. Just a bunch of Poillian haters who want to slam him so they make up reasons to do so.

I honestly didn't realize slamming Pollian would hurt your feelings so much. I didn't know you were so close, my apologies.

Maybe the organization is trying to hurt their chances for wins w/ the IR thing - a big maybe. The odds of that getting out in the media age are huge, though - it's a very large risk.

The idea that players could be tanking on purpose, or that they are being told to tank, is completely out of the realm. As soon as any player went to another team, they would talk about it. No team or player would do that.

Anyone recall how bad the colts looked in 09 when they rested Manning?

This team needs a great QB to compete, that is how they are set up. When Manning is not there they are screwed.

Maybe the organization is trying to hurt their chances for wins w/ the IR thing - a big maybe. The odds of that getting out in the media age are huge, though - it's a very large risk.

The idea that players could be tanking on purpose, or that they are being told to tank, is completely out of the realm. As soon as any player went to another team, they would talk about it. No team or player would do that.

Right. I don't buy into this idea that a team of NFL players who have massive egos and an extreamly competative attitude are going out of their way to lose games because someone told them to.

Rewarding people for losing is always going to create situations like this.

how else would you work the draft? What are the pitfalls of having no draft? Players need to graduate before they can play in the nfl possibly, just thinking.

I don't know the drafting or NBA lottery works so be easy on me, lol. Just don't like the idea of giving a trophy to the biggest loser in the form of a #1 pick

Last edited:
Rewarding people for losing is always going to create situations like this.

how else would you work the draft? What are the pitfalls of having no draft? Players need to graduate before they can play in the nfl possibly, just thinking.

I don't know the drafting or NBA lottery works so be easy on me, lol. Just don't like the idea of giving a trophy to the biggest loser in the form of a #1 pick

I am pretty sure that no non-1st year coach has ever had a first round pick. E.g. if the team came in last place in the league the coach that did that got fired and a new coach got to use the pick to pick someone.

The league could make that into an actual rule for the future if it turns out that Cadwell doesn't get fired at the end of this season.

Such a rule would create an incentive for coaches to be opposed to tanking on purpose if ask to do so by owner/GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back