PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft game, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for sticking my nose in this thread but being a fairly new user (joined last year but do not post much) I can't yet start a thread of my own (50 posts rule). I'll paste what I was going to type in for a message. If the moderators don't feel this should be here then they will undoubtably move it. This is a really useful tool for the type of draft you gents are working on.

Greetings, I’m a Jets fan (but don’t hold that against me). Last year I put together an NFL mock draft creator spreadsheet and made it available to fans on various fan sites and it got a positive response. Thus I’ve created a 2008 version for anyone that is interested. It’s just a little tool that should be of use to those who have not tried to create mock drafts before and can be useful even to the seasoned draft guru. It can also be used to track that actual draft. Last year I put the file up on an ftp site for people to download from but I found that to be a tad cumbersome and not that reliable. This year if anyone wants a copy fire me off an email to beerfish @ shaw.ca and I’ll be happy to email you a copy of the spreadsheet. If I have posted this in the incorrect forum my apologies and I trust the moderators will move it to the proper place.

Features:

Over 370 players (Name, Position, Height, Weight, College) ranked by averaging various player rankings on the net.

Ability to view by specific player position.

Team statistical rankings from this past year (Passing, running, against the pass, against the run)

List of players who will be attending the NFL combine and combine results.

Draft Point Value Chart (For estimating value of specific draft positions for trades.)

Easy to use, just put the number where you think a player will be picked next to his name on the Player Data page and it fills in his position on your mock draft page.

Ability to filter the mock draft page to only include the picks for the team you cheer for.

Good luck in the draft!

I'll take the... Giants. Yuck.

Incredible! :rocker:

Good Luck! :D :bricks:

I'm from Albany, I see them at training camp all the time. Even though I despise them (which made the loss all the worse), they're the team I know best besides the Patriots and maybe the Colts.

I'm from Albany, I see them at training camp all the time. Even though I despise them (which made the loss all the worse), they're the team I know best besides the Patriots and maybe the Colts.

I was up in Albany during the time training camp was going on for a wedding (from the Binghamton area). The city was flooded with Giants jerseys. Pretty smart idea by the Giants (other teams do it as well) holding training camp in another city to increase their fan base.

I just though I'd say, Beerfish has sent me his Mock Draft spreadsheet and it looks like a fantastic tool.

I was up in Albany during the time training camp was going on for a wedding (from the Binghamton area). The city was flooded with Giants jerseys. Pretty smart idea by the Giants (other teams do it as well) holding training camp in another city to increase their fan base.

While Albany was always Giants country before, since they started holding training camp at SUNY about 10 years ago, I've noticed alot more passion from the fanbase in my hometown (Growing up with Pats season tickets in Giants country led me to hate that team). I usually go to training camp a few times a year, proudly rocking the Patriots jersey (yes, I'll even do it this year, despite the number of jeers I can imagine I'll get). Regardless, I know that roster pretty well and I have plenty of friends I can ask for advice, so I think I'll be able to do the Giants draft... still, yuck.

Just as a point about Albany, I went into a sporting goods store a couple months ago and noticed a large Patriots banner hanging from the ceiling, joining the Giants, Bills, and Jets. I can't imagine that ever happening even 5 years ago.

Last edited:
That's great, i just can't wait! :p

So we are using trades or not? :p

That's great, i just can't wait! :p

So we are using trades or not? :p

I still say no, it just complicates things unnecessarily in my mind. But if others want to, so be it.

Can someone put up a poll on trades. I say if we do use them we use the same draft chart for value that we used two years ago. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I still say no, it just complicates things unnecessarily in my mind. But if others want to, so be it.

I've just want to know. Also for me is complicated....

Last edited:
if we pick a commisner someone who would be fair and have them use the value chart then it wouldn't be complex. I'll do it as long as i can keep the team unless you find someone else to do it or take the team I have a lot of time on my hands.

if we pick a commisner someone who would be fair and have them use the value chart then it wouldn't be complex. I'll do it as long as i can keep the team unless you find someone else to do it or take the team I have a lot of time on my hands.

The problem is it's really only realistic for us to trade picks for picks, whereas in real life players can obviously also be involved. If we're only doing 4 rounds, as suggested above, it gets dicier. If everyone else wants to do it, I'm on board, although the more trades we make the further away from the likely reality of the draft we get, right?

Since I don't have a dog in this hunt--I might post a Pats draft, but I'm smart enough to know I'm just throwing darts at a dartboard :)--I'd be willing to act as a neutral 'commissioner' for trades. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News