PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats obviously didn't like any of these mid-late DEs/OLB if Zoltan was above them on their board.

That's not necessarily true. The dropoff in value between Zoltan and the next punter on their board may have been considerable enough to push them to grab the punter they wanted here instead of settling later for someone else especially if there are still a bunch of DE/OLB on the board that they have given similar values on their draft board. I actually think this may be a similar situation as to why they grabbed McCourty in the 1st (a large dropoff in talent once Haden, Jackson, McCourty, Wilson, and Robinson went off the board) and waited to the 2nd to get TE/DE/LB help (where many highly valued players remained at each of those positions).

Without us getting a prime candidate to compete for the 3-4 end job do we start Pryor, Wright or do you think this speaks of their confidence in Brace finally emerging?

I'd really like to see us pick Jonathan Dwyer or Anthony Dixon with our 6th any thoughts?

surely dwyer won't make it to the end of the 6th...if he does, grab him.

I guess Seattle helped its offense: Okung, Golden Tate, Leon Washington, Lendall White. And oh yeah, he threw the defense a bone in Earl Thomas (instead of Mays who they expected)!

Without us getting a prime candidate to compete for the 3-4 end job do we start Pryor, Wright or do you think this speaks of their confidence in Brace finally emerging?

I'd really like to see us pick Jonathan Dwyer or Anthony Dixon with our 6th any thoughts?

You will see a healthy rotation of Wright, Pryor, Lewis and hopefully on occasion Brace.

Pryor isn't a 3-4 DE. He just doesn't have the height. He's a nickle pass-rusher..

Wright or Lewis look to be the starters..

I expect Lewis to spend some time outside, rather than Pryor or Brace.

I'd take either one in the 6th-adding some young legs to the RB corps is a good idea.

Depending on who's there, I'd like to see them grab a DL in the late rounds as well.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of RB Charles Scott of LSU or DE Greg Hardy of Ole Miss?
I don't think either will still be available by the time the Pats pick again.

Greg Hardy, Clifton Geathers,and Brandon Lang are all still out there...

Geathers is giant 6'7" he is very young and got some bad advice to come out early but his brother is a Bengal and his father and grandfather both played in the NFL.

A running back would make the 53 man squad replacing Green-Ellis (or Morris). A DE would compete with Richard on the Practice Squad.

They're into the 6th round now...34 picks until 205...

Man, whoever is smart enough to take Hardy this late is going to get a massive steal.

Pryor isn't a 3-4 DE. He just doesn't have the height. He's a nickle pass-rusher..

Wright or Lewis look to be the starters..

I agree with you incite on Pryor. However, Wright and Lewis are both gap shooters not people to hold the point of attack in a 3-4. I really think their lack of drafting a 3-4 end points to their confidence that Brace can show something in year two.

My best available players in no particular order: Dwyer, Dixon, Hardy, Lang, Geathers, Moats, Jeremy Williams.

Also I heard John Henderson was on the block, that would be a perfect fit for our other 3-4 end.

there have been a ton of TE's taken in this draft.

I've become spoiled with this draft.

I'm not used to having to wait 55 selections between picks.

I've become spoiled with this draft.

I'm not used to having to wait 55 selections between picks.

At least until the 7th where we have plenty of picks.

Bucs just took a punter...

and that my friends is why the Patriots took Mesko in the 5th.

There goes the theory that Mesko would've been available later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes