PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
could deadrick get snaps even as a 7th rd comp? :D

Pryor did. It all depends on how well he picks up the system and what he shows at training camp. Let's face it, all these late round picks are essentially lotto tickets. But at least they were 'free'. IE you can't trade em so you might as well take some shots in the dark.

Zac Robinson is the franchise

It is shocking to me that nobody took a flier on LaGarrett Blount, even with the temper and attitude.

my binky Freddie Barnes is undrafted too...

Blount will get a lot of UDFA attention i wouldn't mind taking a flier on him with no picks involved

WR and RB with the early picks and with late picks on OL support...
Yeah, obviously a whole lot can and will change between now and then but for right now that sounds about right. RB in both free agency as well as the draft. One of those highly rated WR's. Neal's replacement at G. Probably another OLB in there somewhere too.

Not a huge fan of the Zac Robinson pick, but I assume they know the QB's a whole lot better than I do.

The best predictor of success for college QB's is accuracy and games started. Robinson was not very accurate, below .600, which is a real cut-off point. Further, he was throwing to Dez Bryant - at least sometimes - which should help him. His QB/INT ration in 2009 was 15/12 - very poor. Further, he played in a spread offense, so will have to learn a different system.

A guy like Jarrett Brown was still available, with greater accuracy.
Max Hall had accuracy rivaling Bradford's great season, but at 6-1 he's a bit small.

However, that's sort of nit picking. Wishing him luck.

Pretty solid draft. I preferred Jarrett Brown to Zac Robinson at QB. I also would've liked to see us add a RB, but we can sign an UDFA like Brandon James (b/c he's from Florida so why not haha), Roy Upchurch, LeGarrette Blount, or Stafon Johnson, etc.

Would've liked to see another OLB taken. I wanted Sapp or Griffen in the 4th, and then when Hardy was available in the 5th I was screaming for him. I can't believe they passed on those guys so many times considering the great value they would've been. I don't know how you take a punter over Hardy whose talen is undeniable when on the field. Maybe they sign Brandon Lang as an UDFA.

I wasn't blown away but I'm pretty satisfied. My two favorite picks were probably Gronk and Cunningham. Also liked Spikes as he will be a better LB in the 3-4.

Last edited:
Blount will get a lot of UDFA attention i wouldn't mind taking a flier on him with no picks involved

True, but you gotta figure that with the Patriots 17 seventh round draft picks and them not taking him, he may not be on their draft board, for character reasons. Just a hunch.

Not a huge fan of the Zac Robinson pick, but I assume they know the QB's a whole lot better than I do.

The best predictor of success for college QB's is accuracy and games started. Robinson was not very accurate, below .600, which is a real cut-off point. Further, he was throwing to Dez Bryant - at least sometimes - which should help him. His QB/INT ration in 2009 was 15/12 - very poor. Further, he played in a spread offense, so will have to learn a different system.

A guy like Jarrett Brown was still available, with greater accuracy.
Max Hall had accuracy rivaling Bradford's great season, but at 6-1 he's a bit small.

However, that's sort of nit picking. Wishing him luck.
Robinson has nice potential, no chance to be on the team. He'll be cut and hopefully added to the PS and we'll revist him in a year after he's worked on his mechanics.

Not much on Cade Weston, but he's a 6'5" DT, which makes me think more lottery picks to throw at the DE position.

I'm sure he'll be a NT project. Just an immense man that seems to have a lazy streak.

I'm sure he'll be a NT project. Just an immense man that seems to have a lazy streak.

He'll stay at DE. Not good enough leverage. Problem is he gets locked up too easily one on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes