PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His name has been thrown around here. Not sexy, but it fills a need. Anytime you can get a starter in the 5th round, you have to be happy.

Not sexy??!

Come on!

ZOLTAN THE PUNTER worries not about 'sexy'.

As a Michigan fan I am beyond ecstatic. Silly as it sounds, favorite pick of the draft. Who will have the greatest impact on the 2010 Patriots? That's right Zoltan King of the Punters.

You called it right.

Since we aren't picking til #200.

Who is the starter of RDE for the 2010 season? :confused:

difference between a JAG punter and this guy is minimal.

Complete waste of a 5th round pick when there is still talent on the board. I was a big fan but this is a waste, sorry. Plus he was horrible at the senior bowl.

They FINALLY have a punter with a big leg...

Kind of hoping they would've waited until the 7th to get a punter, but Mesko was the top available punter this year. He likely would not have been there in the 7th. Someone like Matt Dodge probably would've. Obviously they wanted Mesko...

Is he really that bad?

Did you see the Senior Bowl? Or any of the practice stuff all week??? Mesko made Hanson look like Brian Moorman.

UGH..Zoltan.. the one guy I hoped the Patriots wouldn't touch because, well, he's not that good, imho.
You could not be more wrong if you crapped on your hand and wiped it on your screen. From someone who watched 95% of the games he played in he will be a Pro Bowl player.

difference between a JAG punter and this guy is minimal.

Complete waste of a 5th round pick when there is still talent on the board. I was a big fan but this is a waste, sorry. Plus he was horrible at the senior bowl.

Go back to your Jets board with John Conner the epic FB over Leon Washington.

Four year player, kicked in the cold, no blocks, knack for planting it inside the 20. Excellent.

this is a lot of excitement for a punter, he must be good!

Like this pick.
We all know how a big punt can change a game.

Yup! And how a bad punt can do the same:cool: Punters are another fav of BB's. Mygod how deep is this draft-BB must be in heaven. TFB must be too.

Did you see the Senior Bowl? Or any of the practice stuff all week??? Mesko made Hanson look like Brian Moorman.

interesting that this kid kicks lefty. puts a different spin on the ball.

Last edited:
If you can, you take them in the 5th.

Of course you can get value players. From now on, you're throwing darts at the board.

I know Belichick himself has made this point about finding value just yesterday. You can find great players in those rounds, but essentially you're flying blind. He named all our great finds and included the UFAs, but of course, those are the gold nuggets.

If there was anyone there that they felt strongly on, they would have taken them.

He isn't throwing in the towel yet though...he's throwing darts but he knows what he wants and knows how badly he needs them and he knows that you can and will find value in guys down that far.

Wright and Lewis will split time, depending on situation.

No one in the 4th or 5th was going to get a lot of reps (except Wootton)

QUOTE=patsinthesnow;1803071]Since we aren't picking til #200.

Who is the starter of RDE for the 2010 season? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Well not only is Zoltan a good punter, but he is a COLD WEATHER punter. That's exactly what we need in a guy who has to play in Foxboro.

Last edited:
If we look at Edelman who was a 7th rounder, going back in time I think he would be a 2nd rounder if we had to do it all over again.

I don't think the senior bowl is an accurate representation of what a player does, as there is no way to rate consistency, which has been the biggest problem on punting, anyway.

interesting that this kid kicks lefty. puts a different spin on the ball.

They'll have to bring in a righty to kick to our returners in practice. :)

Big kid 6 ft 4 240 lbs Punter. sounds like a linebacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand