PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's our punter:rocker: Love the name too-ZOLTANNNN

I think this means the Patriots are throwing in the towel.

6th and 7th rounders are practice squad candidates

Yeah, it's not like you can get any value players from that far down in the draft :rolleyes:

Like I said a couple of days ago, now we just have to draft a full-time holder and then our special teams will be perfect.

Finally a punter who can actually punt the football. and he was voted a team captain which is a rarity for a punter. Good pick!

UGH..Zoltan.. the one guy I hoped the Patriots wouldn't touch because, well, he's not that good, imho.

Last edited:
Pats must have some other plans for passrushing OLB and 3-4 DE...

I have a feeling Zoltan will win superbowl 45 for us on some fake punt pass. :D

His name has been thrown around here. Not sexy, but it fills a need. Anytime you can get a starter in the 5th round, you have to be happy.
Heck, even his name is sexy...

Now, time for Practice Squad players I expect, unless we trade Thomas. We don't pick until after 200.

Don't know a whole lot about him, but if he's good it's a nice pick. Punter is an underrated position.

UGH..Zoltan.. the one guy I hoped the Patriots wouldn't touch because, well, he's not that good, imho.
Is he really that bad?

As a Michigan fan I am beyond ecstatic. Silly as it sounds, favorite pick of the draft. Who will have the greatest impact on the 2010 Patriots? That's right Zoltan King of the Punters.

Like this pick.
We all know how a big punt can change a game.

You Don't Mess With The Zoltan?

I'm glad you qualified that comment with "imho".

Yeah, it's not like you can get any value players from that far down in the draft :rolleyes:

If you can, you take them in the 5th.

Of course you can get value players. From now on, you're throwing darts at the board.

I know Belichick himself has made this point about finding value just yesterday. You can find great players in those rounds, but essentially you're flying blind. He named all our great finds and included the UFAs, but of course, those are the gold nuggets.

If there was anyone there that they felt strongly on, they would have taken them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes