PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Z picks the Chargers to win the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in post #20 the Chargers are very talented on paper. But they lost the key members of their coaching staff,and Turner isn't a capable coach imo.Has he ever really won anything? And has DR Z ever acuratly predicted anything? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Norv Turner

<snicker>
I agree, but here's the thing that scares me...

That Chargers team is too talented not to make the playoffs, despite Norv at the helm. They will be there, although probably not at 14-2. And if the Pats faced the Chargers in the playoffs, does anyone here think Norv could do a *worse* job than Marty did last January? Marty's fear of losing due to conservative Martyball and throwing it played a huge role in that loss. If there was any time to stick to Martyball it was that game, considering LT2 was ripping off 6-8yds per carry on the left side. Martyball gets criticized when it gets stuffed and Marty refuses to adjust by throwing (like their Ravens game last year), but when it's working it shouldn't be abandoned for the sake of offensive balance.

Thank God the Pats are stronger this year (on paper, at least) because I honestly think that if Norv was coaching the Chargers in last year's playoff, the Pats season ends that game.

Regards,
Chris

the experts over at espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/news/story?id=2984130) pretty much are all over New England, while cnn si (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fo...view/2007/scouting.report/index.html?bcnn=yes) has the saints winning it all

most people have the pats winning it all....even vegas, there goes any disrespect factor

Re ESPN. Egad! TJ picking us I can sort of live with but even Pal Salantonio has us winning it all. That's bad news. I still remember him picking us to lose consecutively to the Colts, Steelers and Eagles before XXXVIII. Any chance someone could get him to reconsider?

Last edited:
in my opinion the Bolts will be a very good team this season;not so easy to beat

NE and SD, imho, are the 2 best NFL teams;i respect the Bolts surely

will they win the Super Bowl ? i do not know and i hope DR Z will be wrong but allready in week.2 we will face them for an important game

Chargers will probably get the #1 seed with a 13-3 record IMO,I don't think using Turner as what he has NOT accomplished in the past is an excuse to say the Chargers are not the biggest threat standing in the way of NE getting to the SB,The Chargers are LOADED as much or even more so than the Patriots - To deny that they are loaded with talent means you have absolutely no football knowledge outside of New England.

NE should get the #2 seed spot at 12-4 with some kind of tiebreaker edge with Baltimore or maybe even Cincy

Am I the only one who thinks that the Chargers won't even make the playoffs? Lots of turnover in the coaching staff and I'm not completely sold on Rivers.

They have an awful lot of talent. The only hole may be in the secondary, but the pass rush is just so good it doesn't matter.

Rivers has moxie, a quick release, and doesn't turn the ball over too much. He's solid at a minimum.

What's so wrong with this prediction? San Diego is a great football club worthy of recognition as well as our own team. They were a more talented team than the Patriot's last season and they are now a year older.

We've made our additions to better ourselves but both teams need to come out and prove themselves on the field. I favor the Pat's because of the coaching. Belichick know's what he's got in this football team. Norv Turner? He know's he has some of the most talented player's in the NFL but does he know all 53 players like BB does. Special Teams,sub in packages with the right guys. Knowing all of your players limitations is important and one of the things that makes Belichick head and shoulders the Master.

I like the Patriots over the Saint's in the Super Bowl.

The Chargers do not scare me. At all.

LT and is a huge component of their team and an amazing athlete as well as Antonio Gates, but I feel alot of the players on that team are HIGHLY overrated.

Their MLB corp is suspect and their safeties are mediocre.

Check out Phillip Rivers second half numbers. Not that scary. Their wide receiving corp is pretty average.

Plus there are way too many punks on the team.

New Orleans is a nice NFC team, but with the addition of Reggie Bush has caused people to overrate the entire team.

Nobody scares me this year. We're on a mission.

Listen to him whining in today's mailbag.

Preseason predictions tougher to make than criticize

Um no they aren't, neither is tough. There is no recourse if his predictions are wrong (which 99% of all predictions are). People may criticize for someone not picking their own team, but I think most criticizm is about even bothering, when most guesses are usually way off.

For the record, this is the only Dr Z I care about :)

mini-DSC08441.JPG

(Guitar players will get this one... to the others, my apologies!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST