Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dr. Z picks the Chargers to win the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 46 / -16

Boy we dodged a bullet there. The only worse curse than being on the cover of Madden football is being picked to go or win the Super Bowl by Dr. Z over at Sports Illustrated.

He has us losing to the Chargers at home in the Divisional Round. In a complete shocker, he doesn't pick the Dolphins to repeat as the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. I was kinda hoping he'd pick the Jets this year.

2. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 46 / -16

Sorry, he chooses the Saints over the Chargers. As long as it ain't us, who cares.

3. Slagathor

Slagathor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

#22 Jersey

Dr Z and Peter King have become the Eddie Andelman's of national football writers.

90% of the time they discuss STUPID non-football related junk.

10% of the time they discuss STUPID football related junk......like the merits of left footed kickers.

4. Pat_the_Patriot

Pat_the_Patriot Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

C'mon now. I'm not a huge Dr. Z fan...actually I'm not a Dr. Z fan at all, but I DO look forward to King every Monday. I think that he is a good author that writes really enjoyable football "stuff". Everyone is entitled to their opinion... but obviously a lot of people like Peter King, man.

5. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He also has NE losing at Indy in the regular season (by virtue of us hosting #3 SD in the playoffs). Somehow I don't see a Norv Turner-coached squad from SD marching into wintry Foxboro on a cold January night and winning. At Indy, I could see that happening :)

6. Slagathor

Slagathor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

#22 Jersey

Since King jumped off the Pat's bandwagon......I have severe disdain for him.

7. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 46 / -16

I like Peter King's reporting, but his analysis and non-football stuff are not good. I agree with you there.

As for Dr. Z, the only think I like about him is his pickoff video segment with Brooklyn Decker. And that is only enjoyable if you turn off the sound on your computer and just watch Brooklyn as she methodically and insightfully breaks down each game. I do think that segment loses something with the sound on though.

8. Oswlek

Oswlek Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 14 / -4

Peter King is terrible. Despite spending his days around the game, he has almost no understanding of it whatsoever. Sure he has some good sources, but he never has anything insightful to say and whenever he tries to, he just comes across even dumber than he looked before.

I will grant you that his editors probably have something to do with it, but I would think that he would show something. Dr. Z is terribly smug and he does go off on tangents (I hate the wine crap), but it is clear that he knows the game. If anything, I think King knows less about the game than your average message board poster.

9. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +150 / 18 / -13

I assume you're NOT including field hockey talk in this figure. I hope he keeps us updated on Mary Catherine or Beth Marie or whoever they were.

10. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the experts over at espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/news/story?id=2984130) pretty much are all over New England, while cnn si (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fo...view/2007/scouting.report/index.html?bcnn=yes) has the saints winning it all

most people have the pats winning it all....even vegas, there goes any disrespect factor

11. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Norv Turner

<snicker>

12. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

As much as I think it's unlikely, I think the Chargers are certainly an arguable choice as AFC rep in the Super Bowl. Ditto on the Colts, even Denver. Norv blows, but that's a talented team. As for Saints-Chargers - that would be a helluva game and I'd love to see the Chargers and their clueless, ****y, trash-talking mongoloid fans take it on the chin before a worldwide audience.

13. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I swear when we were reeling the 21 game win streak, it seemed like he was picking us to lose every week...... But then he is goofier looking than Bugeyed Clayton

14. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 46 / -16

Personally, I huge fan of his coffee talk. There is nothing better than getting the latest coffee news. His diatribe about how Starbucks plays the same Motown songs everytime he stops in for his coffee was not only though provoking, but insightful.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  15. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

good God, can we all grow up and be permitted to write the ****y - rhymes with schlocky and starts with a hard-K sound. This is so juvenile.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  16. Double G

Double G In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I've met Dr Z several times at various shows in PA and NJ and he is a great guy, very personable and friendly. He always goes out of his way to say hello to me and FWIW, he hates the Moss addition..........

17. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didn't Dr. Z pick Miami last year? Regarding King, I remember driving around in 2001 in December or so when King said on WEEI, "I think this Patriots team could be a Super Bowl team". It was the first time I heard someone mention it from a national perspective and he was right.

18. thechris

thechris Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Am I the only one who thinks that the Chargers won't even make the playoffs? Lots of turnover in the coaching staff and I'm not completely sold on Rivers.

19. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 46 / -16

I think they will make the playoffs, but likely as a Wild Card team.

20. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I'm just not bold enough to go that far... yet. I mean the Chargers are a very talented team, are they talented enough to overcome the addition of Norv Turner, at least for the first year? I dunno.

Dr. Z picking them to win it all might just be enough to make your prediction right though. ;)