PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doug Banks of SI: Adalius Wants To Play Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 5:21 am and we haven't signed him yet!! What's Up.

p.s. I need a life, surfing the net at 0521

I'd still feel pretty good about having the niner's 1st round pick next year :)

I would too but they did show some improvement this year. I was just pointing out they're the media's new obsession de jour as far as the "in" destination for free agents.

It's 5:21 am and we haven't signed him yet!! What's Up.

p.s. I need a life, surfing the net at 0521

Thats what I'm saying, I thought we'd have Thomas and Porter signed by now atleast. :)

I like him, would love him on the pats, but I am not sure he is worth 9 million per year... :bricks:

I've said it countless times before, but we will not lose out on Adalius Thomas because of money. We might not offer him as much as the 49ers or Cardinals, but it will be the same neighborhood. If he doesn't sign here, it will be because he'd rather play in warmer weather or he really wants to be reunited with Mike Nolan.

Whether A.D. get $40M or $45M from this next contract won't have much impact on the rest of his life.

True, but it does make a difference of $200,000 to $350,000 to his agent.

True, but it does make a difference of $200,000 to $350,000 to his agent.

It's an excellent point, though I don't see how you get those numbers. 3% of $5 million = $150k, no?

It's an excellent point, though I don't see how you get those numbers. 3% of $5 million = $150k, no?
It's irrelevant as the player makes the decision, not the agent.

It's irrelevant as the player makes the decision, not the agent.

Right. Agents are irrelevant in what players do. That's why we see in sports so often players seeming to make ridiculous decisions to get obscene amount of money plus one instead of just obscene amount of money.

They also are better than car salesmen at convincing players that something is in the player's best interest when it just so happens to be in the agent's best interest.

Ok, so math is still not my strong point.

Still, that's real money. To me at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes