PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Bank's Mock Draft No. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/02/15/mock.draft2.part1/index.html

24 LB Lawrence Timmons Florida State Jr. 6-3 230
Timmons is a gifted athlete whose stock is expected to rise if he turns in some glitzy numbers at the Combine. He's an outside linebacker and the Pats' need is more on the inside, but with Mike Vrabel's versatility, Timmons could fit the bill.

28 WR Robert Meachem Tennessee Jr. 6-3 210
If the Patriots address linebacker with the No. 24 pick, they'd be hard-pressed not to throw Tom Brady a bone with their second first-rounder. Meachem could join fellow SEC alums Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and Chad Jackson on the receiving depth chart.

Oh well these Mock's are interesting at this time.

i wouldnt mind these picks, i think we could trade up for a safety or cb with our 2nd and get a 3rd really quality pick....

my take is that we really only need to address a few positions this offseason LB,CB,S,WR ... probably a player at each, maybe two or three at CB and LB and i know BB SP can get that done....we have more picks then needs. I have a feeling a that a few of our draft picks will be headed elsewhere, unless we use them to trade up or for other players...

Timmons doesn't seem likely, Meachem has one write-up talking about his route running and blocking so I wouldn't kick.

If Nelson falls to the Pats, that would be great.
I am still not sold on a receiver in the 1st round.
I'd rather take someone like David Ball who runs good routes, gets seperation and has great hands, than any of the others. The knock on Ball is that he's "slow" at 4.5 in the 40. Of course, so was Jerry Rice...

Terrible picks. Timmons is too small to play LB for the Pats. And if we are going to shoot a first round pick on a WR, which is unlikely, it won't be for Meachem!!!!!

Can't see taking Timmons and Meachem with Willis and Griffin available.

I'd rather take someone like David Ball who runs good routes, gets seperation and has great hands, than any of the others. The knock on Ball is that he's "slow" at 4.5 in the 40. Of course, so was Jerry Rice...
Me, too, and Ball will be available in the sixth round, fifth for sure.

Will not or rather should not...

Vince Wilfork wasn't supposed to have fallen to the Pats either. He was supposed to have been a top 10 pick. The Pats got him at 21.

Ernest Shazor was supposed to be a #1 pick. He went undrafted.

There are numerous cases of players sliding....

Timmons doesn't seem big enough to set the edge playing the run.

Ernest Shazor was supposed to be a #1 pick. He went undrafted.

Interesting case...for all that we make fun of teams that pick 1st-round busts, the NFL completely outsmarted the draftnik community on Shazor. Every mock, every "expert" had him gone by the 2nd round. But he went undrafted and, after opportunities as a UDFA, is out of football. The real experts saw something the rest of us didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes