PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dominique Wilkins defends Larry Bird

Anyone who has even a basic understanding of the game can easily see that Bird's game would easily translate to any era.

But, to be a long time player and think today's game is too physical for a guy like Bird? Someone get that guy a rocker and a shawl - Matlock is coming on soon and we're having pudding tonight after dinner!

Of the all-time greats, I wonder why Rodman would single out Bird as the guy who would struggle today

Hmmmm...it's a puzzle

Of the all-time greats, I wonder why Rodman would single out Bird as the guy who would struggle today

Hmmmm...it's a puzzle

Not a puzzle. Bird trash-talked Rodman so bad when he was a clueless rookie. Guess he never forgot that.

Hmmmm...it's a puzzle
Yep, just a lot of prejudice behind so much of the negativity directed towards Bird. I was in college when Bird started his career and heard the same crap back then; when they played the Bucks one year certain people were saying Marques Johnson (who?) was better than Bird.

Havlicek and Cousy would have been dominant in any era also.

IIRC it was Worm’s racist comments that led to Isaiah’s racist comments after the Pistons got bounced out of the playoffs by the C’s. Bird was one hell of a generous guy to help Thomas in that situation.

Redick is playing the “Chris Simms” card trying to get attention he can leverage into income at other people’s expense. A POS move from a jealous low talent assclown

Last edited:
Redick is playing the “Chris Simms” card trying to get attention he can leverage into income at other people’s expense. A POS move from a jealous low talent assclown

TB12 would get absolutely killed in today’s NFL. The players are so much faster, stronger and more talented than when he played.

I like the Jamal Mashburn's story of the Dream Team. It's epic and the conclusion is the same. Bird's actions would leave no doubt. He could play anytime.

I like the Jamal Mashburn's story of the Dream Team. It's epic and the conclusion is the same. Bird's actions would leave no doubt. He could play anytime.
‘Young fella, look like ’84, huh?'”

....and no one claimed Rodman is playing with a full deck.

His view of the realities of the world is a bit askew.
Yeah, this is a guy, Rodman, who is friendly with Kim Jong Un.

Yeah, this is a guy, Rodman, who is friendly with Kim Jong Un.

Yep. Both live in parallel, but comically false, versions of reality.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F754f0e8a-3af2-3c40-b046-92c7eeeca2ad.jpg

Also, always kinda wondered what Kim is up to there with his left hand...

Yep. Both live in parallel, but comically false, versions of reality.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F754f0e8a-3af2-3c40-b046-92c7eeeca2ad.jpg

Also, always kinda wondered what Kim is up to there with his left hand...
Left hand? That's the one with the gun.

The modern game has no place for 6’9” long range sharpshooters.

Anyone who has even a basic understanding of the game can easily see that Bird's game would easily translate to any era.

But, to be a long time player and think today's game is too physical for a guy like Bird? Someone get that guy a rocker and a shawl - Matlock is coming on soon and we're having pudding tonight after dinner!
To me it looks like it's the youngsters who are clueless about the past in the NBA. Believe it or not, there are actually fans out there who don't think that Bill Russell was the greatest player ever. Crazy huh?

It seems like there are some players and fans who want to label Brady more of a trash talker than a HOF player. He was much greater at both than the clowns who criticize him now.

Bird is simultaneously one of the most celebrated and sh|tted on athletes of all time.. Similar to Brady in that regard. Two of the most clutch assassins and fiercest competitors in Sports History, yet still under-appreciated by some spectators as less-than because of a perceived lack of athletic prowess and toughness.

You can't please everyone I guess, even when you're one of the best to ever lace them up.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back