Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dolphins trade Mare to Saints

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +272 / 3 / -3

Well, there goes the offense.

3. TomBradyWoot

TomBradyWoot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  4. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Getting a 6th round pick for a backup kicker is pretty awesome IMO. We can now use that pick to get Trent Green.

5. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -1

How exactly is Mare worth a sixth round pick? Good trade for the Phins, god damn them.

Here's hoping they don't draft another Yerehmiah Bell.

6. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Mare still has one of the strongest legs in the NFL. Kicking in a dome will help his numbers, as will playing for a coach who probably won't have him attempt as many 50+ yarders.

7. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mare saw a great decline in his accuracy over the past 2 years. I can live with the misses from over 50, but he missed 3 field goals last year over under 40 yards. When your offense is that bad, you can ill-afford that kind of kicking. Mare wore out his welcome with the Fins and was not worth a 6th rounder. This is the 2nd trade Miami has gotten great value for this off-season.

8. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -1

Maybe they'll figure out a way to graft John Carney's head onto Olindo Mare's body.

9. jimmyjames

jimmyjames On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Accuracy shoudl go up now that he doesn't have to kick off the basepaths when Joe Robbie is still set up for baseball.

10. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe they should stop trading draft picks for QBs who are either a has been (Green, Culpepper) or a never was (Feeley, Harrington).

11. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe. But I do recall Mare saying that he didn't need to practice on the dirt, that he was a pro and could handle it. I've hated him ever since those comments and knew his skills were on the decline.

12. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree lol! But I think Green for a 6th rounder is a very good deal.

13. harveyw

harveyw Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You were probably just as excited to get Culpepper. Your team cannot win right now, why not develop a QB rather than plug in someone else's outcasts every year?

14. Bruzer

Bruzer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As a dolphin fan I agree I can't figure out why miami doesn't draft a qb. With randy mueller doing the draft now he believes in getting a qb every year so hopefully miami finally finds a starter for the future.

I mean it seemed to work for the pats with brady ya know.

15. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think it shows how amazing this organization is when we have 10 picks in the draft (after trading away two) and people don't think too much of it, and the Dolphins have 9 picks and their fans are impressed.

16. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why can't the team win right now? The defense is one of the best 5 in all of football, the receivers had a down year but are pretty good for the most part, Ronnie Brown is a stud and Ricky is coming back. If the OL gives us anything at all and our same for our QB, we can be a very good team.

I know there are question marks, but it's possible the team can win games this year. Weather it's Green or Culpepper, I want to draft Quinn and groom him for a year. My personal feeling is that I want the team to sell out to draft Quinn. Trade up and get him!

17. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,973 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I have to actually agree with this. My cousin, who is a Dolphin fan, calls him "Olindo Maybe".

Anyway, why are Dolphin fans creaming their pants over Trent Green? He's WAY past his prime, and well into his 30's. Plus, I wasn't impressed with him at all last season, especially in the Indy playoff game where he couldn't even lead his team to ONE first down through three quarters. If you really believe that he is the man, then it's no wonder your organization has been taking backwards steps for the last 20 years.

18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,973 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

- You're in a rebuilding stage. It'll get worse before it gets better.

- In '05 the Broncos defense was the best in all of football. What happened to them in '06? Things like that change fast.

- Chambers belongs in the slot, Booker is decent at best. I can't see Hagan panning out and Welker was the hardest working/most dependable receiver you guys had and now he's with *drum roll* US!

- Can't say I disagree.

- He's aged and he's merely playing for a paycheck. That is, if he can pass a piss test.

- Your OL is vastly underrated and took way too much flack for Culpepper's turd of a start. The problem was Culpepper. He has NO CONFIDENCE LEFT. The problem was never his knee (as was even reported by a few SoFLA news stations and papers) but his psyche and that's the worst problem a pro athelete can have. His knee didn't cause him to hold on to the ball for too long, his fragile psyche did because he wasn't confident that he could get the ball into a receiver's hands. Culpepper is not your man, Trent Green is too old. You should either go after Carr or hope Brady Quinn falls into your lap.

19. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

that's a flat-out great job by the dophins.

20. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +62 / 15 / -7

#12 Jersey

So everyone knew that Miami was going to trade an aging kicker because they had already obtained his replacement and got a sixth but Houston couldn't get anything for a young, five year starting QB? Houston, you have a problem......

And I don't buy this spin by Houston's FO that they let Carr go out of respect...

OK, OK, Car had a sizeable contract but couldn't the team have pawned him off to the Raiders for a 4th after a restructuring?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.