PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Orleans Saints trade TE Jimmy Graham to Seattle Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Seattle just got fleeced. They just traded for a very overpaid player, a very soft one who his new teammates don't even respect

His contract is 3 more years for $27 million, not really overpaid at all....same price as Julius Thomas.

His contract is 3 more years for $27 million, not really overpaid at all....same price as Julius Thomas.

Both of those players you mentioned are good receivers who couldn't block a sneeze. I'm not hating on the 'Hawks I just don't like the trade for them. I think Unger is better at his job than Graham, but I do see that Russell Wilson will live him. I just think it's paying too much for a luxury when they have guys already there who needs taking care of

Both of those players you mentioned are good receivers who couldn't block a sneeze. I'm not hating on the 'Hawks I just don't like the trade for them. I think Unger is better at his job than Graham, but I do see that Russell Wilson will live him. I just think it's paying too much for a luxury when they have guys already there who needs taking care of

I'd simply counter by saying Unger was injured most of last year, and Seattle still went 8-2 in the time he was out, and in that time the line had to go up against two of the best defensive lines in the league last year (Arizona & Rams, twice). Unger may be better at his job than Graham, but Unger isn't the difference maker that Graham can be for the offense.

Apparently the Seahawks GM stated that the cost of Unger + paying the 1st round pick this year that they traded is the same cost of paying Graham.

I was just going to post this too. I think it's a steal for Seattle personally. Graham is a difference making player. Centers are replacable, and what you find where Seattle will be picking, isn't likely to be as good as Jimmy Graham. Nice deal for the Seahawks.

So are big pass only catching tight ends! Unger was the only quality player on that O-line. truly hope they fully guarantee Wilsons contract, because its only a matter of time before he tears his ACL

how do the hawks afford sherman, lynch, thomas, kam, wright, wagner, avril, mike bennett, and jimmy graham?? dont they have to pay wilson as well? lol

that team is loaded to say the least.

how do the hawks afford sherman, lynch, thomas, kam, wright, wagner, avril, mike bennett, and jimmy graham?? dont they have to pay wilson as well? lol

that team is loaded to say the least.

They frontloaded a lot of the contracts early while Wilson was still on a rookie deal.

Their GM is building the whole team around its stars, let the middle range players walk (Clemons, Tate, Maxwell, Bryant, Unger, Giocomini, Thurmond, Browner). The rest of the roster they think can continually be filled out by draft picks or misused players around the league. They have an excellent eye for scouting and a culture of bringing out the best in guys from nowhere.

I'd simply counter by saying Unger was injured most of last year, and Seattle still went 8-2 in the time he was out, and in that time the line had to go up against two of the best defensive lines in the league last year (Arizona & Rams, twice). Unger may be better at his job than Graham, but Unger isn't the difference maker that Graham can be for the offense.

Apparently the Seahawks GM stated that the cost of Unger + paying the 1st round pick this year that they traded is the same cost of paying Graham.

I get that you like the trade and I'm not here to flame you, you seem to be a very respectful visiting fan.

I'm actually very inclined to like the Seahawks, they're one of the model franchises in the league and I've defended Richard Sherman from the angry mob on these very boards. I simply do not agree that the decision to trade for Graham was a good one. I'm certain that it won't cost Seattle their standing as an elite team, but I'm weary when a team with a defensive mentality brings in an offensive player that the defense doesn't respect (cough*UrlacherCutler*cough)

They have an excellent eye for scouting and a culture of bringing out the best in guys from nowhere.

Really ? So what were their big draft hits since Sherman, Chancellor and Wilson ? Because I honestly don't remember any. The last two drafts look like failures. I don't think they can afford a third draft in a row that bad, because the missing depth will at some point get them.

Granted, they were doing fine at signing FA players (most depth, some starter quality), however they won't be able to afford that anymore in the future because of how loaded the team is.

remember when people thought graham was better than Gronkowski? that was funny.

To be fair in regards to the Michael Bennett quote, if the Seahawks refused to bring in players who current players had trash talked or put down publicly, they'd never add anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST