PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Orleans Saints trade TE Jimmy Graham to Seattle Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... Is there an agenda to make Russell Wilson a star? What better way to get the center away, have Wilson run around and just chuck one in the air for Jimmy to go for it? It will be Manziel like and Evans.

Add Ngata to Detroit according to Aaron Wilson on Twitter too.

B_wsMJeUIAAzjiw.png

lol.

Wow, and according to OTC the Saints only save $2M in Graham's cap hit this year by trading him.

At first glance, I think this is a no-brainer trade for the Seahawks. Giving up a first rounder kinda sucks, and it will make fitting their young guys under the cap a bit harder going forward while robbing them of a good chance to get 5 years of bargain production from a premium talent, but OTOH they're getting Jimmy Graham on a very reasonable salary for the next 3 years. Seems like a no-brainer from the Seahawks' perspective. For the Saints, seems kind of like a desperation-based cap-related move.

Haloti Ngata to Detroit Lions.

Add Ngata to Detroit according to Aaron Wilson on Twitter too.

I wonder if that means Fairley is not re-signing with them either.

Good trade for New Orleans

They can draft Devin Funchess to replace Graham, while saving a ton of money to use on defense (as long as it's not Revis)

They are only saving 2m in 2015. This doesn't help their mess of a cap situation.

Doesn't Seattle still have to resign bobby Wagner ?? Also I think they were 14.3 under the cap this morning, how much were they paying max ?

Saints are going to be giving away some gifts to get out of cap hell.

why would they help the Seahawks win the NFC.

I'm betting every team in the NFC other than Seattle officially hates the Saints right about now.

Cap Hell or no, the Saints rolled Seattle in this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST