PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XLIII -- Insider Buzz: Dolphins Expected to Release WR Mike Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Phins would have never traded him to us so nothing to be done there.

The Phins would have never traded him to us so nothing to be done there.

The Pats are not a vertical team and Wallace is not a route runner. He wasn't a fit for this team anyway.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's nice to appraise signings but they're just potential until proven otherwise. The success of an acquisition is better judged at the end of every season and the player's contract. Hell, LaFell was one of, if not the signing of 2014.

For the money & commensurate with production and impact I'd put him in the Steve Smith, Forsett, Revis category for 2014 FA signings. Great, great signing.

Who in their right mind is going to argue about the production of a 2nd year player who caught 63 balls and almost 1000 yards on a cheap rookie contract? That doesn't make any sense to me. How would that be "over rated" to you?

It's excellent value, especially if they are able to dump a guy like Wallace with 12/13 million dollar cap hits and replace most of the production with 7-8% of the cost.

Yeah

Great production at virtually no cost equals............let's dump him.............????????

That should but obviously doesn't tell you anything.

Just remember the mantra:

Every player sucks, unless they're on the Patriots. If they're on the Patriots, they're awesome, even if they suck.

Here's a hint supafly

When this one agrees and actively has your back................you know you got the wrong, hopeless opinion.

when NFL teams know you want to get rid of the player no one will give you shyt. you either release the guy or get barely anything in return. its how shyt works, you have no leverage once word gets out youre trying to trade/get rid of the player

Yeah

Great production at virtually no cost equals............let's dump him.............????????

That should but obviously doesn't tell you anything.

The way you talk to people is uncalled for, as shows nothing to display any intelligence and/or maturity that you may possess. We're on a fan site to relax and causally talk about football. If you're hell bent on trying to start arguments, go get a proper education and practice law. Either way, keep that **** away from me.

They didn't "dump him." They got very good value in Ellerbe + a high round pick which is TWO rounds above where they took him to begin with. If you hadn't noticed, they've been moving players left and right and attempting to go in a different direction of rebuilding on the fly.

I highly doubt they're concerned about who Drew Brees is going to throw to. He'll likely rack up his usual 4,500 yds no matter what.

Last edited:
Here's a hint supafly

When this one agrees and actively has your back................you know you got the wrong, hopeless opinion.

What is my "hopeless opinion?" That Miami got good value with one of the better young WRs in the game on a cheap, rookie contract? How is that even disputable?

Miami got a good young wide receiver for a player they were going to move anyway, and only had to give up a 3rd round draft pick.

Again....it's okay to give honest assessments when other teams make good moves. It doesn't remove any invisible fan points or mean that you don't like the Patriots any more. Some of us can remain optimistic while trying to be objective/realistic. Saying this is a "bad move" for Miami is silly, and it wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
You just don't give me enough credit for being right on things and cherry pick the things I am "wrong" about.

That's not true, Rob. Where I personally don't agree is that I think you're a bit too over the top as a homer, but I still respect it and understand it, nonetheless. It just seems like you're awfully argumentative about any other potentially good signing, whereas I don't feel as though it's bad to just admit a good move for another team.

We're all right and wrong about things, so I would never purposely mean to call you out about anything you've missed on. That wouldn't be cool at all, and if it ever happened then I apologize and will try to make sure that it doesn't happen again in the future.

Mike Wallace is known to sulk if he doesn't get enough targets, even if his team wins. I don't think his release is even worthy of a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST