PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Aaron Rodgers Give You Pause Re: Jimmy G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers has no one to throw to but an over-the-hill Jordy Nelson, no offensive line, no running backs, and his defense sucks. The Packers are literally just Aaron Rodgers, one of the best quarterbacks to ever play, and a bunch of guys.

Rodgers has no one to throw to but an over-the-hill Jordy Nelson, no offensive line, no running backs, and his defense sucks. The Packers are literally just Aaron Rodgers, one of the best quarterbacks to ever play, and a bunch of guys.

I'd also add that Rodgers is having a Gostkowski this year. He's just a little off but no doubt, he's top 3.

Its a tough question because with a guy like Aaron Rodgers the Patriots will continue to be great every year for at least another decade or more. Bt that would come with trading the GOAT. I really want another dynasty but not sure I'd want it at the expense of seeing Brady in another uniform.

I hate when commentators call Rodgers "#12". There's only one "#12".

Rodgers is good but he gets by on his athleticism. He doesn't understand coverages and can't read a defense like Brady. He's a man beater which is great but when he loses velocity on his throws and he doesn't run as fast and isn't as mobile, he's going to be a very meh quarterback. Just my opinion.

When Brady is done I would be perfectly fine replacing him with a QB the caliber of Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is sucking hard this season but he hasn't always been bad.
I think everyone's concern is about replacing Brady too early... When he can still play like this.. The only way Jimmy G. is the heir is if he starts fairly soon here... like the 2018 season. If Brady is himself he will be QB 2018 and beyond.

Players like A. Rodgers and Big ben are great QBs but Brady is on a whole different level. He has constantly played at a high level for 15 years. I don't think the Pats will ever have a QB as good as Brady. Heck, I don't think the NFL will have a QB that is good as Brady.
Brady is one in a million.

I think everyone's concern is about replacing Brady too early... When he can still play like this.. The only way Jimmy G. is the heir is if he starts fairly soon here... like the 2018 season. If Brady is himself he will be QB 2018 and beyond.

I'm quite aware of what he was alluding to but that's not what he said, hence my comment.

You guys aren't serious, right? Rodgers has been the best QB in the league not named Tom Brady for a while now. It isn't even close. Stats can lie, sure, but not when you put together the kind of season's Rodgers does year in year out. Put down the crack pipe...

On another note, am I the only one who is really sick of the offense-skewed league? There are 20 QBs with passer rating above 90, 12 above 100. Everyone has a positive TD-INT ratio, most the average probably in the 3-1 range. That is just stupid. It's like everyone is playing Madden on Rookie mode now. I hate the direction the game has taken, it's completely out of hand. Arena football, I think we are already there...
Yes. I remember when Drew threw for 4500 yards one of his early years and people talked about it like he was the second coming. I believe he had 29 INT or something against 23TD too. Now every QB throws for 4000 yards easy.

Its a tough question because with a guy like Aaron Rodgers the Patriots will continue to be great every year for at least another decade or more. Bt that would come with trading the GOAT. I really want another dynasty but not sure I'd want it at the expense of seeing Brady in another uniform.
Brady can just continue the Dynasty.

This thread can't possibly be real.

The thread is insane in its complete homerism and overreaction. Aaron Rodgers has been other worldly since 2010. However, a better thread is to truly wonder what is wrong with Aaron Rodgers and if he will be the same QB again. If I'm not mistaken, he has one game of 100+ QB rating in his last 18 starts or so. He has been very average for over a year now, and I do wonder if there's a major injury at play. No way a drop off like that is explained by offensive scheme, coaching, playmakers, etc. Before this extended slump, you could expect him to torch teams frequently with practice squad receivers.

Honestly if they can protect Brady, barring injury he could play longer than Bret Favre. Also I watched the Green bay game today and Aaron Rodgers sucked, he had time in the pocket and he missed wide open receivers. He had an off game in fact his completion % for the season is like 59%. I am sure he will bounce back, he is 1 of the best QB's I have ever seen. He is right up there with Brady, maybe not all time stats and accomplishments but at least over the last 9 years. Or however long he has been playing.

I hate when commentators call Rodgers "#12". There's only one "#12

12 is a fav number for QBs. By far, more winning QBs have wore 12 than any other. In fact there is another TB 12 that has one 4 SBs....one reason I want Brady to get his 5th.

Rodgers is like jekyll and hyde, or heckle and jeckle. He's historically a world beater at home, but meh on the road. Usually don't see him play like this at Lambo. But that in and of itself is telling, consistency is a hallmark of a great QB. If I was deciding if I wanted him as my teams QB i'd be worried about those H/A splits. But I have no answer for why that is. But I'd be worried about it. Maybe as he ages or whatever, loses some top end athleticism, the underlying root cause becomes more of a issue more often.

no offensive line
I don't know how it was today, but his offensive line was absolutely dominant against the Giants last week. Seldomly seen a QB with that much time.

But yeah, I don't quite get what the OP wants to say with this. If Garoppolo becomes anything close to Rodgers I'd sign him to an extension immediately, despite Brady still being Brady. Rodgers is a terrific QB, him looking mortal since last season does not change that. If I had to pick a QB other than Brady, Rodgers would be my choice.

GB lost to 2 teams with a combined total of 10 wins and 1 loss. Rodgers is an elite QB. He would do very well if he were the QB for the Patriots. This year the Patriots just have more talent on offense and defense then the Packers.

At times it's the QB, and other times it's the coordinator or the rest of the team executing the plays.

Brady didn't look all that great in the first half (by the numbers). Was that Brady, the play-calling or the rest of the team? Brady is great, but a QB does not throw for 300 or 400 yards without the rest of the team and coaching doing their jobs as well.

Rodgers threw a really bad pass that was intercepted today. But if you have a short memory of what having a team around you means, I would suggest you review the 2013 game logs when Brady was asked to do something with very little on the field with him. Brady's 2013 QBR and Rodgers's QBR this year are about the same.

JAG has been in this system for several years with arguably the greatest coach and QB as his mentors. He was asked to step into a system with which he was very familiar, surrounded by quality players who knew him well, and he did well. If you believe you give Rodgers equal time with the coach and this system and JAG beats him out, then you likely don't appreciate the role of coaching and supporting players in that performance. Like Rodgers or not, he did not luck into a 2X NFL MVP, Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP because he sucks. After 3 solid starts, it's a little early to compare JAG to that.

Brady is the GOAT, but Rodgers is great. In the end it is a team sport. If receivers cannot get separation, then the QB suffers even if he has a calendar day to throw the ball. Every Pack game I have watched seems to ask Rodgers to hit passes in ridiculously narrow windows. It was a problem last year as well. The Pack will have issues until that changes, and Rodgers cannot run the routes and scheme to get people open.

This post, Aaron Rodgers receivers couldn't get open at all...no separation at all. We are lucky we got versatile tight ends and receivers in New England and of course Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back