PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobson deserves one more season to prove himself. I'm tired of having no big, physical WRs outside the numbers.

He's had three years to be that guy, and the fact that you're still sick tired of us not having that is a direct result of him not being any good. Time to accept what he is (or, more accurately, isn't) and move on IMO.

In general, I'm not a big fan of griping about who could have gone where, but we could've had Keenan Allen with that pick and even at the time it seemed like the right call. Oh well,.

I'd rather have Dobson than Martin, at least Dobson has make some plays. Has Martin done anything all TC/preseason? He's a JAG.

A lot of guys don't do anything in the preseason, for no other reason than that they don't have to. Martin has already shown the Pats enough that they know they want him over Dobson and Washington.

It's always valuable to remember that the team sees a lot more than we do.

Maybe we wont trade him
Because we are fielding calls doesnt mean we are trading him what about Dobson for a back.
Genius. Trade a guy you were gonna cut for a guy who is suspended but coming back with great talent.

Hell, could Brady and Gordon practice together alone? I mean they're both suspended... A suspended player can't have contact with the team, but can he have contact with another suspended player?

They could be like cell mates.

This team has the worst luck with WRs, cornerbacks and offensive linemen I swear to God.

Malcolm Butler objects. The Pats have rarely if ever been deeper at CB during Belichick Era, and have done so with nary a 1st round pick in the lot. Cy Jones looks like a keeper. When McCourty looked like he may not be the answer at CB, he instead became a top 5 safety. They got the last elite year of Revis and the last year Browner could play. Terrence Wheatley was a long time ago.

Hell, could Brady and Gordon practice together alone? I mean they're both suspended... A suspended player can't have contact with the team, but can he have contact with another suspended player?

They could be like cell mates.

I absolutely love this idea because it would fry the remaining circuits in the pea brain of the ****heel commissioner. Roger would FREAK OUT.

NO i can't lose my $10 bet

A lot of guys don't do anything in the preseason, for no other reason than that they don't have to. Martin has already shown the Pats enough that they know they want him over Dobson and Washington.

It's always valuable to remember that the team sees a lot more than we do.
Martin?

I'm guessing it's Martin, too. Who else do you think it'd be? Am I forgetting someone aside from Harper, Carter, Lucien as potential practice squaders?

Edelman
Amendola
Hogan
Mitchell
Martin

I'm guessing it's Martin, too. Who else do you think it'd be? Am I forgetting someone aside from Harper, Carter, Lucien as potential practice squaders?

Edelman
Amendola
Hogan
Mitchell
Martin
I was questioning the comment that Martin has clearly shown the coaching staff enough.

I was questioning the comment that Martin has clearly shown the coaching staff enough.
Yeah, I can certainly appreciate that.

At the end of the day though, if it isn't going to be Dobson, it's hard to imagine anyone else. Just my opinion. I could be off.

Oh, thank god. Loving this rumor

Well, they already cut Washington and they're apparently looking to get rid of Dobson. This would inherently suggest that the team prefers Martin to either of them, and presumably that's because they like him more than the other two.

With Amendola on PUP , I wouldn't be shocked if Carter is the guy.. through camp and some pre season it seems all 3 qbs have established chemistry with him.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Well, they already cut Washington and they're apparently looking to get rid of Dobson. This would inherently suggest that the team prefers Martin to either of them, and presumably that's because they like him more than the other two.
Assuming they are liking to get rid of Dobson which is just a rumor at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe