PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Does that mean our injured WR's are doing better than we think, especially Danny, Mitchell.

(I had him maybe for 4 weeks)

Last edited:
I don't think they would get anything but a 4th Rounder for him if that much. Obviously with him not being a ST's player he's the odd man out on Gamedays.

They still need a extra WR if Dola is PUP bound to start season...wouldn't want to be too light at a position where we are fragile.

must be trying to recoup a 7th round pick we lost along the way this year.

Well patriots fans are getting there wish. I don't like the move. Dobson is finally healthy, he has size and speed, this team needs someone like that at WR. I was hoping we could give him a full season.

Either way, we chose the wrong wide receiver in the second round of 2013. Keenan Allen was there waiting and we made the wrong pick. Patriots wide receiver scouts seem to struggle with the NFL draft throughout the past 10 years.

Once again this team will be without a tall speedy outside WR. The search continues. Hopefully a lack of a tall deep threat won't cause our slower slot WRs to get jammed at the line of scrimmage like in recent playoff losses. A deep threat, even as a decoy, opens up the rest of the field. we don't have one. Lafells success in 2014 opened up a lot underneath for tight ends and Edelman and amendola

must be trying to recoup a 7th round pick we lost along the way this year.

Traded away the 2017 7th rounder for Michael Williams last year. They traded Jon Bostic to the Lions for a conditional 7th this year, so the Pats could get it back. They also had the conditional 7th for the Stork trade that was rescinded so they'll be getting nothing for him.

Traded away the 2017 7th rounder for Michael Williams last year. They traded Jon Bostic to the Lions for a conditional 7th this year, so the Pats could get it back. They also had the conditional 7th for the Stork trade that was rescinded so they'll be getting nothing for him.
Bostic went on IR and is not eligible to return, so the Pats won't get the pick from that trade.

The Steelers Offense seen very simplistic and would fit Dobson's skill set all he has to do his run Nine Routes and go routes if he can stay healthy.

Bostic went on IR and is not eligible to return, so the Pats won't get the pick from that trade.

If a team puts a player on IR, then they still conto his rights. I would think the pick would still belong to the Pats unless IR was a condition to negate the trade.

The Steelers Offense seen very simplistic and would fit Dobson's skill set all he has to do his run Nine Routes and go routes if he can stay healthy.

I hate posts like this. Deep threats can succeed in the Patriots offense.

You think steelers talented wide receivers wouldn't do well here? Steeler wide receivers are good because they are very good talents. The steelers WR scouts our better than ours.

Antonio Brown would thrive in our system. And Brady would have no trouble hitting a wide open 6'5 martavius Bryant 50 yards downfield

For his market value right now that should be a 6th tops I would rather keep him. Unless they are targeting some specific player that will become a free agent, this team is not rebuilding, Dobson has been a disappointment but for a team that is a SB contender a catch can make a difference and we know that very well. There is nothing much better or with good cost/benefit out there.

I hope your not one of those who think only short slow shifty slot WRs can fit here and tall fast physical deep threats can't make it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes