PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want the Colts to win or lose this weekend before facing the Pats?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the Colts to win or lose against the Texans?

• I want them to Lose,I hate the Colts

Votes: 60 65.9%
  • I want them to win so that the Pats can deal them their first loss

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I could not care less what happens to them this weekend

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Mixed opinion,tough choice,can't decide

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
O.K. Before flaming and saying its obvious there are some here who actually may want the Colts to win this week against Houston so that the Patriots will be the ones to put the Colts down for thier first defeat,Of course this means that if the Colts win that they stay at least 1 game ahead of NE in the standings even if NE wins next weekend.

Then again if Indy loses this weekend its been quite some time since Peyton and his Colts lost 2 in a row so the odds of them losing 2 consecutive games in a row in Indy are not very high.

I don't expect a lot of members in here who want to see Indy win this week but what the heck lets do a poll......

Last edited:
Re: Do you wants the Colts to win or lose this weekend before facing the Pats?

Didn't he lose two in row early on last year? I'm not positive... and even if he did, he clearly wasn't the same Manning until the halfway point, so it's a moot point really. Just observing.

I want them to lose, because then if we beat them we've got a tie record and the tie-breaker. I expect Denver to lose a few more, but the more teams we can pass for a potential bye week the better.

Personally it doesn't matter to me what they do, I just want to see the Pats go 4-0 in November and head into December with a ton of momentum.

I don't hate the Colts, but I do want them to lose. I want everyone who's ahead of the Pats in the standings to lose.

Didn't he lose two in row early on last year? I'm not positive... and even if he did, he clearly wasn't the same Manning until the halfway point, so it's a moot point really. Just observing.

I want them to lose, because then if we beat them we've got a tie record and the tie-breaker. I expect Denver to lose a few more, but the more teams we can pass for a potential bye week the better.

I am referring to two consecutive losses at INDY - Yes,The Colts lost 2 straight games last season but one was at Indy and the other on the road,I really cannot remember in the past 10 years where Peyton has lost 2 games in his home stadium in a row...it really is as rare as Brady's record of losing two consecutive home games and if Houston does happen to beat Indy at home which I think is certainly possible,then this RARE occurence of Manning losing 2 home games in a row would have to happen for the Pats to win.

I really think the Colts could be looking ahead to their biggest rivals out of the division and forget to play a very important division foe this weekend and could get beat,In fact I am picking an upset here.

Last edited:
You didn't have an option - I want them to lose because that could mean the difference between homefield advantage in the playoffs. If the Colts lose during the Pats bye then the Pats beat them. Both teams will be 6-2 with the Pats owning the head to head breaker.

You didn't have an option - I want them to lose because that could mean the difference between homefield advantage in the playoffs. If the Colts lose during the Pats bye then the Pats beat them. Both teams will be 6-2 with the Pats owning the head to head breaker.

Well if you want them to lose regardless of the reason then the first choice in the poll is appropriate for you..wanting them to lose or win is the bottom line here

Emotionally, I want the Pats to be the first team to beat both the Colts and the Saints this month.

However, from a rational standpoint I'm with VJCPatriot. I want the Colts to lose in order to strengthen the Pats' conference standings in relation to the Colts, in determining playoff seeding and home field advantage.

I am referring to two consecutive losses at INDY - Yes,The Colts lost 2 straight games last season but one was at Indy and the other on the road,I really cannot remember in the past 10 years where Peyton has lost 2 games in his home stadium in a row...it really is as rare as Brady's record of losing two consecutive home games and if Indy does happen to beat Indy at home which I think is certainly possible,then this RARE occurence of Manning losing 2 home games in a row would have to happen for the Pats to win.

I really think the Colts could be looking ahead to their biggest rivals out of the division and forget to play a very important division foe this weekend and could get beat,In fact I am picking an upset here.

Ah, I gotcha now. It would be a rare occurrence indeed, but that kinda makes it more fun too... high risk, high reward situation for us as fans.

All I really care about is the Colts losing when they face the Pats. This weekend is irrelevant to me.

EDIT: I do care if they win from a playoff seeding purpose. So I guess I do want them to lose.

Last edited:
Colts has to loose of course. If colts win, Manning knows the pats are the only thing that stands between him and a perfect reg season and Manning knows that would be a major accomplishment. Watch him go nuts on Pess D if the pats are the only legitimate opp left on his calendar.

I want they to win every week.

Colts has to loose of course. If colts win, Manning knows the pats are the only thing that stands between him and a perfect reg season and Manning knows that would be a major accomplishment. Watch him go nuts on Pess D if the pats are the only legitimate opp left on his calendar.

You could save yourself a little effort and shorten your posts to nothing but "Pess D sucks" every time, because that seems to be the only "point" in all your posts, so far. Or you could mix it up a little and try to contribute something else. Whatever works for you. :yawn2:

Colts need to lose for seeding purposes and because they are poopy-heads. That is all! :D

Last edited:
I can't think of a single reason that would make me want the Colts to win this weekend.

I want they to win every week.

C'mon now, tell the truth! :)

I'll agree with most people in the thread so far in regards to anybody above the Pats in the AFC standings to lose.

I said in another thread that I almost wanted to see them win out before facing the pass so we can deal them their first loss, but I don't want that. I want them to lose for the simple reason that it would help us with HFA in the playoffs should we win the division. I think the Broncos are due for a few more losses this year so any loss that the Colts sustain is great news for us.

While it would be fun to give them their first loss, I'd rather give them their second.

Emotionally, I want the Pats to be the first team to beat both the Colts and the Saints this month.

However, from a rational standpoint I'm with VJCPatriot. I want the Colts to lose in order to strengthen the Pats' conference standings in relation to the Colts, in determining playoff seeding and home field advantage.

perfect answer right there....

i would love for us to give their first losses, but i dont want the "can the pats defend their undefeated season" hype to begin just 2 years later....

so let them both lose, and well just add to their misery...

after all, if the colts lose this week, and we beat them next week, well have the fast track to a 1st round bye.....

:yeahthat:

An Indy loss this Sunday would be a big boost to the Pats' chances for a bye. Clear rooting interest.

Patriots want to be ahead of them at the end of the year, right, for HFA, so we want them to lose.

Not the toughest question I've ever had. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore