Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Randy Moss on the Patriot Team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just once, I'd like to see Brady work with someone like Moss. If BB thinks he can motivate the guy and if the price is affordable, I say go for it. He is NOT worth a first-round pick, however.

Glad I'm such a smart guy with brilliant foresight!
:D

I was misinterpreted by the media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D I just saw your first post on this thread and laughed, but it's cool.:cool:

Hey, I'll gladly eat some crow on this one.

Sure, I say go ahead and give him a shot. What do we have to lose and he could suprise us. :cool:

Imagine my suprise after clicing the numbers and realizing that I had voted Just say no, I don't even remember voting. I musta been drunk. What an a-hole I was :rolleyes:

Not really ... Don't look now, but people are voting again! Duh!

Yeah - let the record show originally it was something like 55 for and 65 against...

The truth is there WERE a lot of questions about Moss - the fact that he was taking plays off, that some questioned his skills as well as his drive - the contention that he had lost a step... that he was injury prone and he could no longer generate the same speed.

Well Moss has pretty much answered all of that - model Patriot citizen, no charges of taking plays off (though he's certainly earned the right to take a rest here and there) and most of all, the productive 6'4" TD threat we've needed and wanted for a long time.

Somewhere there's a thread where we were all asked to predict how many TDs he'd have this season - I'm not sure if it was a poll or not but I was at 15+ - thinking that 1 TD per game was easilly attainable though most people were far more conservative than that.

Well with 4 games he's nearly halfway there with 7 already - which if he keeps up this pace he'd finish with 28 - blowing any and every prediction out of the water. (Note that Brady's on pace for 52 TD passes - also proving me wrong that if he ever broke Manning's TD record it would be a sign of a desparate season in which we had no running game forcing him to put the ball in the air)

I am a little cautious still however - deep passes and passes in general are higher risk/reward scenarios than running the ball - throw the ball enough and you're going to have some INTs - and INTs can turn into TDs pretty quickly... but knock on wood so far so good!

Last edited:
Only if it will cost a 3rd rounder and he renogotiates that ridiculous contract to something palatable. Otherwise no thanks.

Well it only cost a 4th rounder and he DID renogotiate his salary, so he met my criteria. :D
Welcome to NE Randy Moss!

Last edited:
I do. I really like the way the Patriots are headed... and once it all implodes like it does everywhere else, and Belichick is left with an overrated, overpaid team, with a possible bad attitude, and several aging key players, perhaps he will make the move back to the Giants or elsewhere.

No wonder Yankees/Colts was banned. No cluless people allowed -:)

Yes, I'd really like him here. I think he would lead the league in TD's and Receiving yards and not be a cancer whatsoever with the veteran leadership of this team. Oh wait, this poll is months old. Forget it.

To be honest looking back I was a little skeptical about his character but always hopeful that if we were to get him we'd see the Minnesota Randy Moss.

Time for a new poll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes