Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Randy Moss on the Patriot Team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say no. I think there would be too much to give up. When Dillon said he wanted out of Cincy I thought he would vastly improve the team. A RB can carry the ball 25 times in a game. A wide receiver is going to get the ball thrown to them maybe 10 times in a game. With the way Gaffeney and Caldwell seemed to improve throughout the year and the impending signing of Welker it's hard to give up that much for him.

Then there's the whole saving face angle on the Patriots. When Moss was drafted and the Pats had no chance at him wasn't it Bob Kraft or his wife that said if he was available when the Patriots drafted they wouldn't take him?

I think we need another veteran RB. Spend the money there. Maroney is still unproven and Morris hasn't been able to stay on the field.

because then EVERYBODY would vote for that. I'm putting you the spot, which way are you leaning???????

If it does not include a first round pick, and a contract that is adjustable...I will do it... But that is if you have a gun to my head...

You don't think safeties key in on where they think the ball might be going and are tuned in to watching Moss telegraph whether the play is coming to him or not?

If the safeties read the play early and can put added pressure on the other WR(s) that, in my book, is impacting the receivers.

They actually had a breakdown of this on SportsCenter last season.

If I'm an additional WR getting slammed by another team's safey when I'm double teamed I'm not too happy knowing that Moss taking a play off contributed to it.

Well, in my experience in the NCAA, I don't think that's feasible. The NFL is an even faster game and much more complex offensive and defensive scheming. Most of the time, aside from someone covering in man-to-man (which would give no advantage to the defense), the defenders have to make a quick read to make a play. If you think they can quickly determine that a WR is dogging it on a play, I can't buy that. Heck, if anything that rep could work to Moss' advantage by allowing him to stutter and release, and turn it on down the field. It's just not possible to judge effort, especially considering the speed that guy plays with. I'm not advocating his taking plays off. But if you think that Moss is the only guy in the league who does that, it's incredibly naive. He admitted to it. Fine. Whether he's a Patriot, Raider, Steeler, Packer, Jaguar, wherever he plays, my opinion of him will be the same.

Only if it will cost a 3rd rounder and he renogotiates that ridiculous contract to something palatable. Otherwise no thanks. Moss seems to be on the downswing of his career and he's always had times where he took plays off and didn't give 100% effort. Doesn't sound like a Patriot player to me.

no, thanks

screw randy moss .hes on the decline and hes a quiter and a cry baby .it would make me sick to my stomach to see that piece of garbage with a pats uniform on .

I vote a solid "No!"

Just because he has some bad years with the Raiders doesn't mean that this is the downswing of his career and he'll never be good again. None of the injuries should affect him long-term and he's still an absolute athletic freak.

If we get Moss, I'll just about guarantee that he and Brady would click instantly and they would easily be one of the best duos in the league. If we get Moss playing like he did in Minnesota we'd be heavy favourites for the Superbowl every year.

Re-post from the other thread exactly like this...

"Randy Moss average #s over the last 3 seasons: 50 catches for 775 yards. For reference, Stallworth averaged 55 catches for 812 yards in that time span.

Moss is on the decline. There is no denying it. He is not the player he once was and is not worth trading for.

Stallworth is pretty solid, but Welker fits us best."

he is reportedly good friends with doug gabriel and was upset when the raiders traded him away. is it a coincidence that gabriel was the one wr who could not be coached and ended up being cut?:bricks:

I think Moss acts like a douche because he hates his team and is tired of losing.

I think he could suck it up and behave if he came to our classy organization. Brady really needs a top WR to throw to this year. Look how good he does with all mediocre Wr's. Imagine the possibilities of a fast, tall, sure handed WR coming to town....

I don't think Corey took a couple of years off at all. Rather, years of being the only offensive weapon on a poor, poor team, and being beaten down as a result, took their toll. The man was hurt. He had clearly lost a step, and he still played with passion and heart. Would you rather he stay in the game fatigued, when there were multiple options on the bench to replace him and contribute? I think that takes a strong realization to do, and I won't knock Corey's character on the Pats at all.

Dave, I agree with what you say here...I also very much respect your opinion, how do you feel about Moss??

Personally, I have no problem with a FIVE time Pro Bowler IF BB/SP feel good about him. I certainly trust in their evaluations.

Can you imagine Brady to Moss.........just think about it people.

Dream just a little bit now.

I think he could suck it up and behave if he came to our classy organization. Brady really needs a top WR to throw to this year. Look how good he does with all mediocre Wr's. Imagine the possibilities of a fast, tall, sure handed WR coming to town....

1) Randy Moss is NO LONGER A TOP WR TO THROW TO. He has been on a decline since 2003. Reche Caldwell had a much better 2006 season than Randy Moss.
2) Brady does not need a "top WR".
3) Chad Jackson is a fast, tall, sure-handed wide receiver who just needs some time to develop into a great wide receiver. He is nine years younger than Randy Moss.

Everynow and then its pretty funny to go back and see what we were saying... clicking on the numbers will show you who was for and against Moss coming here

I've of course already gone on record saying that I was wrong about Moss taking plays off... though there's no quesiton he was doing that with the Raiders

Although I've heard no reports about him taking plays off and tipping his hand here, in retrospect I can't see how he COULDN'T be taking some plays off here and there

The guy's on the field 80% of the time with us... he can't be running full speed every passing play

If anything mixing it up might be used to his advantage... starting out slow, pulling a rope a dope, only to burn by his doubleteam coverage an instant later.

1) Randy Moss is NO LONGER A TOP WR TO THROW TO. He has been on a decline since 2003. Reche Caldwell had a much better 2006 season than Randy Moss.
3) Chad Jackson is a fast, tall, sure-handed wide receiver who just needs some time to develop into a great wide receiver. He is nine years younger than Randy Moss.

thats a funny post in retrospect

Everynow and then its pretty funny to go back and see what we were saying... clicking on the numbers will show you who was for and against Moss coming here

I've of course already gone on record saying that I was wrong about Moss taking plays off... though there's no quesiton he was doing that with the Raiders

Although I've heard no reports about him taking plays off and tipping his hand here, in retrospect I can't see how he COULDN'T be taking some plays off here and there

The guy's on the field 80% of the time with us... he can't be running full speed every passing play

If anything mixing it up might be used to his advantage... starting out slow, pulling a rope a dope, only to burn by his doubleteam coverage an instant later.
I forgot about this. I'm glad I was for Moss coming to town. Reading of the posts is great. Like patriotspride bashing Moss and calling him a quitter. :)

screw randy moss .hes on the decline and hes a quiter and a cry baby .it would make me sick to my stomach to see that piece of garbage with a pats uniform on .
Sorry patspride but I laughed when I read it just now. :D

Lots of these posts are funny in retrospect.

Of course, I'm one to talk. I didn't post on this thread, but I definitely remember saying somewhere Moss was an idiot and I didn't think he'd fit in here.

I changed my tune when it actually happened. Part of the problem was I didn't actually believe the rumor could possibly be true. But when it became obvious BB wanted him, I figured he knew something I didn't.

And of course, he does.

Care to retract your statements?

Lots of these posts are funny in retrospect.

Of course, I'm one to talk. I didn't post on this thread, but I definitely remember saying somewhere Moss was an idiot and I didn't think he'd fit in here.

I changed my tune when it actually happened. Part of the problem was I didn't actually believe the rumor could possibly be true. But when it became obvious BB wanted him, I figured he knew something I didn't.

And of course, he does.
Remember this phrase ..... silence is golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back