2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Adalius Thomas benched/cut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this entire situation and all, I think it would be very stupid to cut him in the since we really have no depth at OLB. Put him as a backup and put him in only during emergency situations. This is where im at with AD right now, he has been a whiny little brat and is beginning to really really bug to the point where I don't want to see him play another game for us. If I were the Patriots I would try to get anything for him 6th or 7th rounder anything. It is better than just letting him for nothing and who knows, that late rounder could turn into something. I see no reason to try to find some interest for him at season's end. If you can't, then cut him, simple as that.

For why I think he was a bust. I was thinking about this and I came up with the only reason why I think he was a bust here.

The personnel in Baltimore really were elite and other teams would over look AD in their game plan. You take a look if you were a coach of a team, or even a fan looking at the Ravens. Who are we most worried about? I would say back when AD was with the Ravens:

1. Ray Lewis
2. Ed Reed
3. Terrell Suggs
4. Trevor Price
5. Bart Scott
6. AD

So he was the 6th guy for teams to look at and prepare for in a game. He isn't the one guy that teams worry about when he was here. Still there is no excuse here. He has truly been a bust and has really suck ca ca this entire way through. I think we get something for him, but it certainly won't be a first day pick. Bye Bye nice knowing ya. Oh yeah, the

Folks are pi$$ed at the team and AD not being as good as they think they deserve. It doesn't matter at all to them that Thomas has had serious injuries and is playing the role that Belichick has chosen for him. The question is not whether is he is overpaid or whether his attitude sucks. The real question is whether he is better than the alternative this week. Last week the alternative was Alexander as the starting OLB. This week it is probably Ninkovich if he is healthy.

I like Ninkovich. As an athlete, he isn't on AD's level, but he's been a dependable OLB when inserted into the line-up for us this season. Nothing flashy or game-changing, but he gets the job done. If AD isn't starting against the Panthers, I would like to see Ninkovich take his place.

This is never going to happen but I think it would be worth Bill pulling him aside and saying listen we both know this is over at the end of the season so you're playing for a contract some place else. We'll give you your wish let you rush the passer 90% of the time.

Prove me wrong and become an impact player.

At this point they're getting nothing out of him so it can't hurt. If he get swallowed up at the LOS and doesn't make an impact we can all safely say he's done. If he has an impact perhaps he was right and they were scheming him out of where he's effective.

Cut him now, he's a trouble maker and being 9 minutes late for work is unacceptable!!

Cut him now, he's a trouble maker and being 9 minutes late for work is unacceptable!!

Thanks for the insightful post. You can go back to your hole now.

Folks are pi$$ed at the team and AD not being as good as they think they deserve. It doesn't matter at all to them that Thomas has had serious injuries and is playing the role that Belichick has chosen for him. The question is not whether is he is overpaid or whether his attitude sucks. The real question is whether he is better than the alternative this week. Last week the alternative was Alexander as the starting OLB. This week it is probably Ninkovich if he is healthy.

I don't think there's any doubt that AD is a better player than whoever would replace him. The question is also whether the amount that he's better than the alternative is worth the price you pay by continuing to play a guy who is not giving 100% on the field, who is not a team player, and who is mouthing off against the coach and the organization. It sends a message to other players, and allows Thomas to continue to be a disruptive influence. Is that worth the benefit of his skills? I don't know.

If you bench him for the remainder of the season then you lose out on ability. But you replace him with a guy who will give 100% effort, and you send a message that anything less is unacceptable.

I'm not saying which way to go. But that's the tradeoff that I see.

Your choices are Alexander and Thomas.

I don't think there's any doubt that AD is a better player than whoever would replace him. The question is also whether the amount that he's better than the alternative is worth the price you pay by continuing to play a guy who is not giving 100% on the field, who is not a team player, and who is mouthing off against the coach and the organization. It sends a message to other players, and allows Thomas to continue to be a disruptive influence. Is that worth the benefit of his skills? I don't know.

If you bench him for the remainder of the season then you lose out on ability. But you replace him with a guy who will give 100% effort, and you send a message that anything less is unacceptable.

I'm not saying which way to go. But that's the tradeoff that I see.

Your choices are Alexander and Thomas.

Not my choices. BB's.

If I had to guess, I would think that BB would be happier with a team of scrubs who gave 100% and missed the playoffs than he would be with a team of overpriced loud-mouthing malcontents who played half-heartedly and made the playoffs. Just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News