2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Adalius Thomas benched/cut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
“You’re talking about a guy who we put in . . . great talent, great talent, don’t ever get me wrong, but systematically we had to fit him into our schemes. Now, is that discrediting AD? No.”

Again from Uncle Ray.

Then comedy and ironic part,
This is what AD said about Ray Ray
“As far as that goes, you want to criticize the head coach, talk about coward, you can go right upstairs and talk to him like a man,” Thomas noted.

Last edited:
Does this whole episode remind any one of how BB dealt with Terry Glenn. If I remember correctly, Belichick just put Glenn on the inactive list and then cut him in the off season. The precedent is there. BB runs things his way and will get rid of any distractions to the team. If Thoms' attitude is getting in the way of team chemistry, I can see BB benching him or even suspending him.

Last edited:
Google it my friend, google it. You will be shocked. Ray Ray knew the guy was ****.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that feud.

Interesting that AD called out Lewis for publicly criticizing Brian Billick: "As far as that goes, if you want to criticize your head coach, talk about a coward. You can go right upstairs and talk to him like a man, just like you're talking about me."

Patriots' Thomas ravin' mad about comments made by former teammate Ray Lewis - The Boston Globe

AD has been acting like a big A HOLE ever since the ravens game

i think ray lewis and the boys put some things in he's head

they can't cut him they would take to big of a cap hit they can play burgess in front of him like they did for a few games this year

but when half the core of the D calls it a end and they trade a way the rest of it and you loose 2 games in a row for the first time in 3 years this will happen

and if they don't start wining again they may see more of this stuff from AD and other players

I don't understand how AD became such a non-factor and isn't utilized to rush the passer. I'd love to hear the real story on this when it went sour.

Happy I don't work for any of the puritan work ethic committee here on this board! You shouldn't need to be a meteorologist in order to keep your regular job! Haven't any of you chilled out in your old age? Haven't any of you been to Hawaii? Do you know what Hawaiian time is?

No wonder Manny was run out of town. A team of Jason Bays will be on time but will NEVER win a Championship!

Benched yes, cut no. Maybe we can get the Raiders to give us a decent pick for him in the offseason. :D

That poll is so ridic, there is a huge difference between being benched and cut, I had to vote no because of that.

That poll is so ridic, there is a huge difference between being benched and cut, I had to vote no because of that.

That's why I included both.

But I guess I should of uses "or" instead of a slash.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how excited I was when we brought AD across from the Ravens to the melancholy disposition I have toward him now.

How things change in a short period of time.

That's why I included both.

But I guess I should of uses "or" instead of a slash.

No, a lot of people who would like to see him benched would still vote for that option. The end result is somebody can actually claim that the majority of people on this site want him cut.

It should be a separate option.

Last edited:
Why would you cut him? Get something for him. Can they try to trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder?

Why would you cut him? Get something for him. Can they try to trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder?

That was my take before this week. It would be great to trade him for something. But at this point it's not going to happen:

1. The sh*t has hit the fan and AD is a team cancer. BB will probably inactivate him for the rest of the season and get him away form the team. Addition by subtraction. Thats probably the best thing to do, but it gives the Pats no trade leverage, and it minimizes AD's value.

2. AD is due something like $5M next year on his contract. Who wants to pick up that kind of contract for a guy who public called out the best coach in football, underperformed all year, and was benched?

Why not try for a 1st or 2nd rounder?

So there is no "Publicly Flogged" option ?

How many big plays has he made with the Patriots? He was hyped as that big playmaker and he hasnt done anything close to that.

The only thing that comes to mind was his INT return for a TD in '07 vs SD in the 1st game after Spygate.

I'm pretty sure when he gets cut or traded, he will end up with Rex Ryan and the Jets. Unfortunately, he will probably do well.

This is a blessing in disguise. This is the turning point for this season. Watch and enjoy.

Folks are pi$$ed at the team and AD not being as good as they think they deserve. It doesn't matter at all to them that Thomas has had serious injuries and is playing the role that Belichick has chosen for him. The question is not whether is he is overpaid or whether his attitude sucks. The real question is whether he is better than the alternative this week. Last week the alternative was Alexander as the starting OLB. This week it is probably Ninkovich if he is healthy.

I'm amazed at how excited I was when we brought AD across from the Ravens to the melancholy disposition I have toward him now.

How things change in a short period of time.

Is it just me or all the freaking current and ex-Ravens players all big douches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft