PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do YOU want 17 or 18 regular season games?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games should an NFL season have?

• 16 regular-season, four preseason

Votes: 41 19.0%
  • 16 regular-season, two or three preseason

Votes: 83 38.4%
  • 17 regular-season, three preseason

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • 18 regular-season, two preseason

Votes: 65 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm for the 18 game season if it means cutting down on the preseason. The preseason is worthless, scrubs playing against other scrubs, who will mostly get cut before the team plays a game that matters.

But the tickets cost the same. Beer costs the same, hotdogs cost the same.

So two more games that mean something VS 2 games that are utter crap and meaningless? No contest.

i'm open to keeping the same number of games with two more "for real" and two less in the preseason. however, i'd like to hear the views of the players and coaches on this as well. they know far better than I do what this would mean for the quality of preparation & play and the risk of injury. also, i'd want to know what the players union would think about adding two real games in terms of contracts and the cap.

Last edited:
i'm open to keeping the same number of games with two more "for real" and two less in the preseason. however, i'd like to hear the views of the players and coaches on this as well. they know far better than I do what this would mean for the quality of preparation & play and the risk of injury. also, i'd want to know what the players union would think about adding two real games in terms of contracts and the cap.

Yeah, I don't know how the Union and players would feel about 2 extra games, but at the same time players get hurt in meaningless preseason games all the time. It happens every year.

I just hate watching preseason games as a fan. 2 games is enough to get teams ready, the other 2-3 preseason games are just worthless. Guys who we all know aren't going to make the team playing against other guys who aren't going to make the teams they're playing for. What is the point?

Yet, like I said, everything costs the same. It's not fair to fans who are forced to buy preseason tickets when they buy season tickets.

I love NFL football, the NFL season is my favorite time of the year, but my least favorite time of the year is NFL preseason.

Yeah, I don't know how the Union and players would feel about 2 extra games, but at the same time players get hurt in meaningless preseason games all the time. It happens every year.

I just hate watching preseason games as a fan. 2 games is enough to get teams ready, the other 2-3 preseason games are just worthless. Guys who we all know aren't going to make the team playing against other guys who aren't going to make the teams they're playing for. What is the point?

Yet, like I said, everything costs the same. It's not fair to fans who are forced to buy preseason tickets when they buy season tickets.

I love NFL football, the NFL season is my favorite time of the year, but my least favorite time of the year is NFL preseason.

in general i'd tend to agree with you, but I'd leave it up to the players and coaches to determine if "2 games is enough to get teams ready."

Well I do remember a few seasons ago a poll of coaches was taken and they preferred shortening the preseason and extending the regular season, at least in that poll.

And frankly those of us who have never had season tickets would welcome the opportunity to but pre season tickets at face value...I bet those games would sell out here, anyway.

Preseason tickets are ALWAYS available for way less than face. Most of the season ticket holders I know don't even go to them.

Can we have 18 games and 4 preseason? I can't have enough TB action on the field. TB & BB are the only reason i like to watch NFL because it's so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News