PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think that the Front Office reads these messageboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Kraft consults my posts to ensure that all signings are kosher.

Ahhh .. that's why that sign on his desk says 'the pork stops here"

if you don't believe it happens, you really don't understand this organization. You might want to make a point of getting to know the interns, then ask them.

if they do read this post, then they should know it really ticked off guys like Pires who felt censorship was evil.

I am sure from time to time someone in the orginization looks at threads like these to get a minor pulse on the fan base but to think that there is some intern up there who is reading this on a daily basis or even on a weekly basis would IMO be wrong.

If you think they are or must be ask yourself what they would have to gain from reading this forum???

I'm sure they do.

Last year before the draft I suggested we trade for Randy Moss.....BINGO BANGO!

I also talked about getting Welker and getting him time in the slot.......BANG!

Then I said the ticket prices were WAY to low and they needed to be raised......Oh yea!

and Then I talked about Mayo and drafting him in the 1st.....see the pattern.

Next, I'd like to see Pat Patriot with one of those Jet Back Pack rocket things and him flying all over the stadium....watch and see.

Fellers,

I would be shocked if New England's Media Relations department didn't have someone who skims the board(s) each day. They are, indeed, interested in the pulse of the fan base, because that has an impact on marketing decisions.

It doesn't have a HUGE impact on the team, per se, but floating an idea about this or that player on the wires, then seeing how it's reacted to by fans gives them an idea of how the player is percieved by the public.

The real user(s) of data mined from boards like this is the marketing gurus who use it as another integer in figuring out where to spend money, what types of food vendors the fans want, what jerseys to sell, what program format, etc. If something gets a very strong reaction on a board, then that reaction will be seen as indicative of a percentage of the fan base, and it will be considered in whether or not to go ahead with some item, or drop something from the line, etc.

Any company that doesn't take a regular look at what's it's customers are saying, especially when they can get that data for free by registering as a member of the forum, is foolish, and the Kraft family didn't get to where it is by ignoring it's customers.

I'm not saying that this board is a deciding influence on anything. It's not. However, it IS a small piece of the marketing puzzle, to be sure.

respects,

This is completely unrelated guys, but quick question. Do you prefer Hotdogs or Hamburgers?

I am waiting till we hear again from Matt Cassell's dad to see what vehicle he is going to try and sell next here on Patsfans :)

Good one! What a tool he was!

Fabricated dramatization:
"I am Gostkowski's dad, now buy my old beat up truck damn it! I taught him how to drive in that old truck. It will be worth a fortune some day!"

Last edited:
I got an idea. We break a juicy story that questions the morality and ethics of the entire Pats organization. The beauty is IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE TRUE!
Betcha somebody from the team would read us then.

I'm going to go with a NO. They could care less, and not just because it is a fan site. They consider it all crap. Us, ESPN, Newpaper, etc.

Serious question:

I'm pretty sure that BB has better things to do than come on here and post;) but seriously, do you think someone employed in the organisation gauges fan feedback thro sites such as this?

Do you think our meanings\wants\needs\viewpoints make any waves at all up in Kraftland?

People, including myself, tend to forget that as great as these teams' MBs are-they are nothing but that, COMMUNITY FAN MESSAGE BOARDS. It's alot like those clubs, organizations, etc we've been members of during are academic careers, as well as our lifetimes-they are nothing more than a group of people that get together to socialize and get their minds off the daily stresses of life.

So no-Belichick, Pioli, etc, especially with their 24/7 schedules, probably don't give this site any afterthought.

If they read it then one thing's for sure: my posts are continuously a source of pride for the Pats' front office.

Most if not all teams have a couple of people who are assigned to "monitor" the internet boards. Make sure no real big inside info is being leaked (from disgruntled employees) and keep a pulse on things. College programs do this like crazy. If these people find something, they'll turn it over to someone who figures out if it's worth bothering the coaches about. I'd be shocked if the coaches themselves log on. Most I know tend not to give a crap about the media and internet.

Players? I know they log on from time to time and read the forums. I know a couple who have checked 'em out. I don't think any of them post, but I wouldn't put it past a guy to post a couple times joking around.

My guess is that those in the organization who are inclined to visit Boards like this do so, but "on their own" and not formally. Who knows, some of them might even post here and enjoy yanking our chains from time to time. I agree with those who suggest that the Krafts or Piolichick probably don't have time for it, but it's a big company and it would be unwise to assume that absolutely no one from it comes out here, even if they're just doing it from home or on their lunch hour.

Would it be smart for an organization like the Pats to have whoever is responsible for scanning the media every day spend an hour or so a week checking out boards like this just to get a sense of fan sentiment? Yeah, I think so. Do they? I don't know. But, if this Board had turned on Belichick at the height (depths) of Spygate, that would have been relevant information for the organization.

They check out the Ladies Lounge regular basis.

Chad Jackson just read the board and is upset because no one has started a thread about him today.;)

Bill B. reads the board to gain the pulse of the fandom. His review this year stated that he needs to gain the respect of his peers and since this board is mainly comprised of his peers, he would like to dedicate some time to tell you fans how much he enjoys reading threads like "Will Maroney make 1000 yards" and "Would the Patriots win the Super Bowl if Brady had a wooden leg". ;)

Last edited:
I was going to intern with the Pats PR dept. my senior year. I had interviewed with Stacey James and I was in his short pile of people he was considering, he chose someone else. In the process though he went thru what would have been a normal day. It started at 7 am though I was going to need to go in early for a while till I got the hang of my first task.

The first task was to find any and all Pats refrences in the media. this would last until about 8 and I was to have a packet of all the media clippings ready and on the desk of a ton of employee's including BB, Pioli, and Kraft.

By the sounds of it I would not be looking at a message board such as this....there just wouldn't have been enough time.

Who knows maybe they had someone else do it but I doubt it. There just isn't much to be gained from it.

This is second-hand. I have been told by a couple of people whom I trust very highly that at least one front office personnel reads this messageboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back