PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think that the Front Office reads these messageboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting till we hear again from Matt Cassell's dad to see what vehicle he is going to try and sell next here on Patsfans :)

It was Gostkowski's "dad." (And at least it was the right model fo truck. :) )

Are there employees of the Patriots organization who read the boards? Sure, I'd have a hard time imagining that wasn't the case, at least occasionally.

Do Ernie Adams and BB spend late nights cruising the draft forum for pointers? Not so much.

I am waiting till we hear again from Matt Cassell's dad to see what vehicle he is going to try and sell next here on Patsfans :)

Gostkowski's dad.

I would bet that Bill or Bob Kraft visits this board on occasion for a chuckle or two.

I remember a few years ago Pioli saying that he reads mock drafts for a good laugh, so I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, if there was a website dedicated to you and your work wouldn't you check it out at least once?

I mean, if there was a website dedicated to you and your work wouldn't you check it out at least once?

I would, sure, but again I'm not in that position. I'm sure human curiosity prevails at least occasionally, but if you've seen one rambling, incoherent internet manifesto on the benefits of switching to the 4-3 from someone who "really knows the game", then you've seen them all.

officially? my guess is that the organization has someone in their communications/public relations/whatever they call it department who scans blogs and forums. that makes sense, since it's an inexpensive (i.e., "free") way to do customer research.

unofficially? i guess if an individual is internet-literate and inclined to visit forums, blogs or chatrooms then s/he would follow that inclination, independent of their "job."

Last edited:
officially? my guess is that the organization has someone in their communications/public relations/whatever they call it department who scans blogs and forums. that makes sense, since it's an inexpensive (i.e., "free") way to do customer research.

You're probably right. My organization has people that do this, and it's far less relevant to our line of work than to the Patriots'. I'm sure an intern is on it. In fact, the mental image of an acne-faced intern scurrying into BB's office and screaming out "Welker for Ocho Cinco!" has my day off on the right foot.

If they did read this forum, it's for entertainment purposes only !

Last edited:
Thank you.

The print media has referred to this board. Sports talk radio has also. Why wouldn't the Pats FO have their staff tune in to the home of the Pats largest fanbase? Doesn't mean word will get back to Belichick to trade down from #7, but they'll certainly know how we feel about specific scribes and that Spy thingy.
BB doesn't care what scribes think. WHy would he care what a bunch of donkeys with no lives think about scribes?

If anyone in the Pats organization, other than an emotional midget whose initials are Tom Casale, spend one second on this or any other board, I would be disappointed in them.

As for the guy who says we are Kraft's market and he needs to pay attention, nonsense.

His stadium sells out every week, and there is a waiting list of tens of thousands. If everyone on Pats fans stopped watching games and no one told Kraft about it, how would he know?

I highly doubt the Coaches and personnell people read this stuff. As someone who went to school for PR and who applied to intern in the Media relations dept at Gillette that they monitor all the news on a daily basis and put it all together to distribute to the staff. So the coaches and stuff don't even read that stuff on their own, they are given a copy of everything daily.

Wether or not the media relations dept reads this stuff regularly or not I dont for sure but my opinion would be that they don't monitor this stuff regularly but they probably do check the site when big things go down to help gage the pulse of the fans.

I would imagine they were interested to see how we reacted to things in the past like the Moss deal last year.

Are there employees of the Patriots organization who read the boards? Sure, I'd have a hard time imagining that wasn't the case, at least occasionally.

Do Ernie Adams and BB spend late nights cruising the draft forum for pointers? Not so much.

Ernie Adams posts here in code.

Fellers,

I would be shocked if New England's Media Relations department didn't have someone who skims the board(s) each day. They are, indeed, interested in the pulse of the fan base, because that has an impact on marketing decisions.

It doesn't have a HUGE impact on the team, per se, but floating an idea about this or that player on the wires, then seeing how it's reacted to by fans gives them an idea of how the player is percieved by the public.

The real user(s) of data mined from boards like this is the marketing gurus who use it as another integer in figuring out where to spend money, what types of food vendors the fans want, what jerseys to sell, what program format, etc. If something gets a very strong reaction on a board, then that reaction will be seen as indicative of a percentage of the fan base, and it will be considered in whether or not to go ahead with some item, or drop something from the line, etc.

Any company that doesn't take a regular look at what's it's customers are saying, especially when they can get that data for free by registering as a member of the forum, is foolish, and the Kraft family didn't get to where it is by ignoring it's customers.

I'm not saying that this board is a deciding influence on anything. It's not. However, it IS a small piece of the marketing puzzle, to be sure.

respects,

I'll be sure to keep checking the Pats web site for the open position that has a job description of listening to WEEI, reading the Globe and other papers, and spending the rest of the day on this and other sports web sites. I may as well get paid for what I'm already doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes