PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think that the Front Office reads these messageboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt the Coaches and personnell people read this stuff. As someone who went to school for PR and who applied to intern in the Media relations dept at Gillette that they monitor all the news on a daily basis and put it all together to distribute to the staff. was that sentence English or a language you and your twin taught each other in the forest? So the coaches and stuff [stuff or staff]don't even read that stuff on their own, (comma splice)they are given a copy of everything daily.

Wether (sp.)or not the media relations dept reads this stuff regularly or not (one "or not" would have sufficed) I dont (missing word... "know" comes to mind)for sure but my opinion would be that they don't monitor this stuff regularly but they probably do check the site when big things go down to help gage (sp) the pulse of the fans.

I would imagine they were interested to see how we reacted to things in the past like the Moss deal last year.

so, how'd that internship app go for ya?

PFnV
aka
Conan the Grammarian

PS, I am just being a d1ck. No real offense intended. It's a bulletin board, for Christ's sake.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fencer, I agree. There may in fact be an individual or two whose sole purpose is to guage fan sentiment through the variety of available means.

PFnV

Make that there is no doubt there are several individuals.

I got all ballsy about the premise after I thought about it.

PFnV

No. Why should they? And why would you think they would?
This messageboard is a service for the fans, more than anything else.
It's fun for us to say, oh we'd trade for that guy, or cut that guy, but it has ZERO influence on anything that actually happens with the team.

Do you think that the Front Office reads these messageboards?

Yes. And many if not most of the players and player representatives do as well.

The NFL is a business and we are their customers. They'd be idiots not to.

Last edited:
No. Why should they? And why would you think they would?
This messageboard is a service for the fans, more than anything else.
It's fun for us to say, oh we'd trade for that guy, or cut that guy, but it has ZERO influence on anything that actually happens with the team.

Coaches? No reason to.

Marketing? Oh yeah.

PFnV

You can tell the mood has improved on the board since the Moss signing stopped the proverbial bleeding.

We realize that Samuel is a very good corner, but not great and the Pats made the right decision to let him walk for that kind of cash (although the better decision may have been to lock him up after 2005 - but he really kind of exploded in 2006 and who knew he would move in the upper 20% of league corners - since he really doesn't have the super athletic ability that is typical of elite corners.

Cutting Rosie doesn't hurt too much since he is now on other side of 30 and continues to break down (would still love to sign him for less than the $6 million he had). Gholston would be instant replacement for him, if he lasts to 7.

The Stallworth loss would have sucked if we lost Moss, but we are all set with Welker and Gaffney (and we all love Washington as special teamer, but I also think he could get it done if he ever got a WR shot).

Gay will be replaced with one of the JAGS we are bringing in and Law or the second round corner we draft will need to replace Asante. Although a little scary, I would be ok running a nickel with Hobbs, Law and Godfey, Cason or JAG with Meriweather and Rodney...

Anyways....back to my original point. The board is full of light, happy posts (Troy's Roast, Does FO read board?, Should Pats change jerseys, Ocho swings at coach, I hope we lose opener, member imitations - classic.....)- which is nice after the last month.

I think we are starting to look ahead again, and despite losing a couple core guys, the future still looks pretty good. Whenever we get too cranky, we should think back to the **** McPherson years.

Pats1 is Ernie Adams ... :rofl:

The Moss signing restored a lot of faith in the team. The future doesn't look as bleak, when you've got pretty much 90% of the #1 offense in NFL history returning to Foxboro next year.

You can tell the mood has improved on the board since the Moss signing stopped the proverbial bleeding.

We realize that Samuel is a very good corner, but not great and the Pats made the right decision to let him walk for that kind of cash (although the better decision may have been to lock him up after 2005 - but he really kind of exploded in 2006 and who knew he would move in the upper 20% of league corners - since he really doesn't have the super athletic ability that is typical of elite corners.

Cutting Rosie doesn't hurt too much since he is now on other side of 30 and continues to break down (would still love to sign him for less than the $6 million he had). Gholston would be instant replacement for him, if he lasts to 7.

The Stallworth loss would have sucked if we lost Moss, but we are all set with Welker and Gaffney (and we all love Washington as special teamer, but I also think he could get it done if he ever got a WR shot).

Gay will be replaced with one of the JAGS we are bringing in and Law or the second round corner we draft will need to replace Asante. Although a little scary, I would be ok running a nickel with Hobbs, Law and Godfey, Cason or JAG with Meriweather and Rodney...

Anyways....back to my original point. The board is full of light, happy posts (Troy's Roast, Does FO read board?, Should Pats change jerseys, Ocho swings at coach, I hope we lose opener, member imitations - classic.....)- which is nice after the last month.

I think we are starting to look ahead again, and despite losing a couple core guys, the future still looks pretty good. Whenever we get too cranky, we should think back to the **** McPherson years.

Bill, give me a shout on how we wanna re-vamp the secondary will ya...

I've heard that Oslo Rhino is Josh McDaniels.

Personally, I'm starting to question why I read it. :eek:

On a serious note, I took plenty of time off of message boards after the SB (like a number of my friends). When I came back, I was amazed at how much drivel there was. I find myself being much more selective in what I bother to read (although, amazingly enough, I ended up in this thread ;) ).

Personally, I'm starting to question why I read it. :eek:

On a serious note, I took plenty of time off of message boards after the SB (like a number of my friends). When I came back, I was amazed at how much drivel there was. I find myself being much more selective in what I bother to read (although, amazingly enough, I ended up in this thread ;) ).

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Ocho Cinco for Wes Welker thread.

I am ...
Dante Scarnecchia

img16_000182.jpg

:wha:​

Honestly, I hope that the FO doesn't read this board. If it does, I'm sure that it's good comic relief for them.

Honestly, I hope that the FO doesn't read this board. If it does, I'm sure that it's good comic relief for them.

if you don't believe it happens, you really don't understand this organization. You might want to make a point of getting to know the interns, then ask them.

if they do read this post, then they should know it really ticked off guys like Pires who felt censorship was evil.

Yes, they do read these boards. Last year I said that the Patriots should stock more yellow mustard in their stands and sure enough, I got a hot dog and there was the yellow mustard. I feel great that our posts are being read by the management. :rolleyes:

if you don't believe it happens, you really don't understand this organization. You might want to make a point of getting to know the interns, then ask them.

if they do read this post, then they should know it really ticked off guys like Pires who felt censorship was evil.

Do you have their numbers? I'd like to get to know them. :D

Pioli has taken my advice on the last few drafts. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back