PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you see the roster having 4 quarterbacks?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the opening roster have 4 QBs in 2008?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way I see them keeping 4 QB's. I think in the end they will either trade or release Matt Cassel. I think we could land a 5th Round pick for him. I don't believe it would make any sense to carry 4 QB's on this team. If Brady gets hurt Casell won't make a difference and honestly I'd rather O'Connell or Matt Guiterrez in there anyways. Let's be honest Cassel has looked awful, the only time we had hope for him was in his first season here in the preseason. Only thing he has going for him is that he is a friend of Brady's. Come the end of Camp, I don't believe Cassel will have his name on the roster that is unless either of the other QB's doesn't get hurt.

I'd really love to know where this "Cassel has looked awful" rigamarole is based on. One series against the Dolphins? I'm not saying he's a good QB, or a bad QB. I'm saying it's silly for us to be making these judgements when we have next to nothing to base them on. He looked fantastic in that week 17 game against the Dolphins two years ago. That doesn't make him a Pro Bowl quarterback any more than throwing a pick-6 last year makes him worthless. Good thing Belichick didn't jettison Brady after that four-pick game in Denver in 2002.

Why is he worse than Gutierez? Are his kneel-downs not as technically correct?

Now, if there is a fifth round pick to be had for Cassel, I think we'd take it. With the state of NFL QBs around the league, I don't think that that's far-fetched.

Last edited:
I'd really love to know where this "Cassel has looked awful" rigamarole is based on. One series against the Dolphins? I'm not saying he's a good QB, or a bad QB. I'm saying it's silly for us to be making these judgements when we have next to nothing to base them on. He looked fantastic in that week 17 game against the Dolphins two years ago. That doesn't make him a Pro Bowl quarterback any more than throwing a pick-6 last year makes him worthless. Good thing Belichick didn't jettison Brady after that four-pick game in Denver in 2002.

Why is he worse than Gutierez? Are his kneel-downs not as technically correct?

Now, if there is a fifth round pick to be had for Cassel, I think we'd take it. With the state of NFL QBs around the league, I don't think that that's far-fetched.

When has he looked good? Let's be honest other then his first preseason here he hasn't been impressive at all. And don't compare him with Brady that foolish. I always thought he would eventually develop into a decent QB, although he hasn't really had time to play in a meaningful game, he still has looked bad when he was given a shot to play. Yes, he has good feet, and is quick. All he has looked good doing in the game is scrambling. Atleast Gutierrez will play some special teams for us, and won't botch snaps like Cassel. I'd rather try devolping another QB, because he hasn't worked out well with Casell. I'd rather have Guiterrez then him. Trade him in the preseason for a 5th round pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back