PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you miss Pioli now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yesterday everyone was ready to kill Belichick because he traded down and picked a player not very known, now he makes a few picks of players that are well known and everyones back on the bandwagon...wow.

The Chiefs picked Mccluster when they had Jamall Charles and Thomas Jones.

Fail.

It wasn't a fail. Especially since they listed McCluster as a WR, not a RB. McCluster is going to be more Percy Harvin than Reggie Bush for them.

You put McCluster in the slot with Bowe out there and Jammal Charles or Jones lined up in the backfield and teams are going to have a hard time.

Nope, don't think I do. At all. No offense, Scott. :D

Feel bad for Matty C., though. Hope they get him a decent OLine one day before he gets killed. :(

They got him a great guard. They do still need an OT, but I don't think that Bruce Campbell is what they are looking for.

Also agree they will find a role for McCluster. I do however want this to be a horrible horrible draft for KC so we can call it the McClusterfu(k later. It's just too soon.

They got him a great guard. They do still need an OT, but I don't think that Bruce Campbell is what they are looking for.

Getting Berry, Asamoah and Moeaki is a pretty nice haul over and above McCluster. If KC fans are unhappy because he's not banking picks, they're just being silly.

Campbell goes where he always was intended...Oakland.

I think it is a bit unfair to trash Pioli. Even if Pioli fails in KC, it odesn't mean he wasn't a HUGE part of the Pats' success. Why Pioli and Belichick worked so well was because they were so in tune with each other that they were of the same mind a quite a bit and Pioli knew exactly what players that Belichick needed. There might not be remotely close to that same continuity between Pioli and Haley and that might be why Pioli brought in Weis and Crennel.

As for his picks this year, the Pats had their fair share of head scratchers that turned into great players when Pioli was here. Remember Borges' rants about the Pats blowing it for taking Seymour over David Terrell (and he wasn't alone eventhough they weren't d-bags about it). People thought players like Deion Branch, Logan Mankins, and others were huge reaches where they were drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News