PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel bad future Patriots fans who were born after the Brady era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when home games weren't on TV and I had to listen on the radio. And I clearly remember the lines at the pay phones at the stadium as guys called in their bets!
You should have watched with me. I simply pointed the antenna north where the games were not blacked out.

Nah, I had to wait a long time for them to get good (at least on a regular basis). Things go in cycles. When/if the Pats return to the regular ranks of the NFL, there will be a new generation to watch them and hope they return to their glory days.

I'm not sure...Give me a moment to confer with ~ to text ~ the frozen slice of my Ass that tore off'f me when I arose, one day, from the frozen aluminum Stands a few Decades ago, after yet another depressing Fail on the way to yet another 2-14 Campaign, deep in the interminable Bowels of Patriots PreHistory...

Detached Frozen Slice of Ass says @#$%, no. We earned this, *****es. :D

I was at ALL of those games. I found that wearing pants kept my ass from getting stuck to the aluminum bench. They did tolerate a lot of strange behavior in those days so was happened to you was completely understandable.

Do not feel bad at all. Do you feel bad for all us fans who had to endure the insufferable years when the Pats were inept???

Funny story comes to mind, growing up and honing by Pats Fanness would always wait for the JC Penney Christmas Catalog and Sears "Christmas Wish Book".. when I got them would turn to sports memorabilia section to see if they had any Pats stuff. Of course they didn't, you would turn to that section and there would be Dallas, SF, NYG, NJY, Chicago, GB etc. but never any Pats stuff. The first Pats t-shirt I ever got was a "squish the fish" one in 1985.....

Do I feel bad no, but I hope that this franchise remains as viable in the future as it is now..
Clarification: It was JC Penney and Sears who were always inept, offering sh*t as a selection from which I bought nothing.

The impression created for someone who, for example watches BSPN, is not related to reality. Except most viewers take it as fact.

Luckily for me I had my kids at the beginning of the Brady/BB era.

So years from now we will be able to sit around and talk about all the championships we've experienced from the local teams.

We will also be able to discuss Goodell's assassination and how someone stole his shoes and urinated on his expensive suit.

Of course we will occasionally visit Joker in his prison cell and thank him for his contribution to humanity and Patriots nation.
Are you ****tin' me? Joker runs the freaking prison...

I am from Vancouver and in 1984 when i was 11 yrs old I picked the Patriots because I liked the red uni's. I had friends in high school tell me there's nothing wrong with picking a new team as I had just watched the Pats go 1-15 in the memorable Hugh Millen years. Stuck with them and got to witness something I had only dreamed of when they won in 2001.

So no, I won't feel sorry for anyone born after Brady era. Lots of us went through the pain of the losing years before this glorious era. Part of the journey.

One thing is for sure: I very much appreciate what they've given us since 2001. It really has been remarkable in every way.

every way? The 'Boys were 1-15 with Jimmy (Joke) Johnson and Jerry (Bigger Joke) Jones, but still managed not to wreck their logo and uniforms, so their fans got to see their team win...

Dude, you crack me up. I'm a pretty intense and opinionated guy, myself, and many of my opinions aren't popular, so I sort of commiserate with your bizarre Obsession about the Patriots Uniforms.

And I agree that the Flying Elvis sucks, even though I always thought that Pat Patriot sucked even worse.

And even though I believe that the modern Uniforms, even with the Flying Elvis, are awesome.

You don't agree, evidently because...you think that Uniforms should never change?

That's kind of a strange line of thinking...don't you think?

Would you have the Red Sox wear the same Uniforms that they wore back in 1876?

Kind of silly, if you ask me.

But what's beyond bizarre is not only the way you keep obsessing about it, but the way you keep advancing the opinion that they are somehow ~ what? ~ not the Patriots because they modernized their Uniforms?? o_O

I, for one, was greatly relieved and ecstatic when they did so. It'd been a long time coming.

Those old Uniforms, frankly, were hard to look at...and had been for a long time.

I'm not asking you to stop. It's pretty amusing. And I'm not hating on you.

Just pointing out how bizarre it seems, at least to me who some would say defines bizarre.

I'm sure that I'm not the first.

Last edited:
Are you ****tin' me? Joker runs the freaking prison...

Nah...I'm on the street now. I got a nice little hole in the wall bar around the corner from 345 Park Avenue. My coat check girl is named Rocco. All my bartenders are from Finland and named Mickey...yeah, the name of the jurnt is Cafe Bizarre.I bought it in the 60's from this mob guy named Al Carphone...things have changed a bit since then of course...

cafe3.jpg

Nah...I'm on the street now. I got a nice little hole in the wall bar around the corner from 345 Park Avenue. My coat check girl is named Rocco. All my bartenders are from Finland and named Mickey...yeah, the name of the jurnt is Cafe Bizarre.I bought it in the 60's from this mob guy named Al Carphone...things have changed a bit since then of course...

cafe3.jpg
Farking Icehole. I thought that was a rumor. My, my, what one learns when one leaves NH.

That your VW? Or the Disappearing Man Van?

Dude, you crack me up. I'm a pretty intense and opinionated guy, myself, and many of my opinions aren't popular, so I sort of commiserate with your bizarre Obsession about the Patriots Uniforms.

And I agree that the Flying Elvis sucks, even though I always thought that Pat Patriot sucked even worse.

And even though I believe that the modern Uniforms, even with the Flying Elvis, are awesome.

You don't agree, evidently because...you think that Uniforms should never change?

Would you have the Red Sox wear the same Uniform that they wore back in 1876?

But what's beyond bizarre is not only the way you keep obsessing about it, but the way you keep advancing the opinion that they are somehow ~ what? ~ not the Patriots because they modernized their Uniforms??

Just pointing out how bizarre it seems, at least to me who some would say defines bizarre.

...I might have contracted some sort of contagion when I visited a bazaar

Happy Birthday, Bill Parcells

No, they'd already made the change when I got there. I preferred the old style, from when I coached there before.

...I might have contracted some sort of contagion when I visited a bazaar

Happy Birthday, Bill Parcells

No, they'd already made the change when I got there. I preferred the old style, from when I coached there before.

Props for the Contagion Line...Very amusing...But you might want to think twice before calling in Bill I The Evil, Vile, BackStabbing Piece of **** to support your Argument/Obsession. Bill I is very much like none other than General Benedict Arnold, who was brilliant, and our 3rd best General in The Revolutionary War ~ after General Nathanael Greene and General Daniel Morgan, obviously ~ and who had Soul ~ I cannot hate Coach Parcells, not after he gave a Shout Out to my boy Sam Gash moments after we won the AFC Championship ~ but who lacked Loyalty...and who lacked Honor.

Would you have the Red Sox wear the same Uniform that they wore back in 1876?

But what's beyond bizarre is not only the way you keep obsessing about it, but the way you keep advancing the opinion that they are somehow ~ what? ~ not the Patriots because they modernized their Uniforms??

I'm actually coming around to his line of thinking. Should I be concerned?

Props for the Contagion Line...Very amusing...But you might want to think twice before calling in Bill I The Evil, Vile, BackStabbing Piece of **** to support your Argument/Obsession. Bill I is very much like none other than General Benedict Arnold, who was brilliant, and our 3rd best General in The Revolutionary War ~ after General Nathanael Greene and General Daniel Morgan, obviously ~ and who had Soul ~ I cannot hate Coach Parcells, not after he gave a Shout Out to my boy Sam Gash moments after we won the AFC Championship ~ but who lacked Loyalty...and who lacked Honor.
Okay, so Parcells did not "save the franchise" etc. and football did in fact exist before 1993...good.

It took me decades to appreciate him, due to his blustering and affiliation with the Giants (always did like Belichick though). Speaking of BB, I wonder if he ever would have been HC here had Parcells been on that flight home...

I'm actually coming around to his line of thinking. Should I be concerned?

01 ~ If you're coming around to the Line of Thinking that Pat Patriot was better than Flying Elvis ~ and the vastly improved Uniforms that are unfortunately beset by the tragic inclusion of Flying Elvis...no. It is, after all, just a matter of Taste. Pat Patriot looked like he was getting cornholed painfully and Flying Elvis looks like he's passed out from Bad Ganga, so you can make a reasonable Argument against either one.

02 ~ But if you're coming around to the Line of "Thinking" that our having changed our Uniforms 25 Years ago was somehow a Betrayal of The True Spirit of New EngLand Patriots FootBall Futility, and that everything that's ensued since then ~ not only 4 Championships And Counting, but the incalculable Privilege of rooting for This Coach, This QuarterBack, and This Team ~ is somehow, in some deeply deranged way, a bad thing, because of our #$%&ing Uniforms...well...Yeah. In The Immortal Words of Wednesday Addams:

635947134454200840588023807_wednesday%20gif%20be%20very%20afraid.gif

Okay, so Parcells did not "save the franchise"

Correct. Parcells did not.

Kraft is a colossal Whimp...But he, more than any one Man, righted this Team's Course.

And Kraft, quite literally, saved this Franchise.

Are you actually disputing that??
spock.gif

Correct. Parcells did not.

Kraft is a colossal Whimp...But he, more than any one Man, righted this Team's Course.

And Kraft, quite literally, saved this Franchise.

Are you actually disputing that??
spock.gif
Of course not; in fact, the league wasn't expecting or even wanting Kraft to swoop in as he did.

But Bledsoe likewise did not save the franchise, and Orthwein's sermon that the franchise was "broken and ridiculed" any more than any other NFL franchise was horseshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back