PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel bad future Patriots fans who were born after the Brady era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The @Actual Pats Fan story reminds me of a former Jets fan I knew during my days as an AOLe. The poor man's name was Richard (a decent guy for a Jets fan) and he, like Curtis Martin, had followed Tuna Sh!t out the door and became a Jet in 95. As they say, timing is everything.

I still support the revival of Pat Patriot, but I don't think I'll have to worry about it being forgotten. I'm sure that it'll be reappearing for generations to come.

I just can't get worked up against the Cowboys, ever since they faked a winning FG in an OT game and threw a TD pass to cover the 5 1/2 point line for me. It was set up by a long completion from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson to the 5 yard line. Man oh man, that was more than 40 years ago. For some reason, even their current idiot stick owner hasn't affected me.

I can't help @Off The Grid but get worked up when I think about the theft of our yankee name. Thanks for reminding me. It's a far worse crime than changing a team's name. Although, I didn't really like the change of the team's name from the Boston Patriots either.

When I leave the NYFL after Brady goes, I won't be leaving the team. I'll be leaving the league, but I'll still be happy for the Pats fans if they win. The Pats will become collateral damage, so to speak. It's exactly what I went through when I dumped MLB many moons ago. I was still happy for all of the Sox fans when they finally won.
I grew up here, and it's always been Sox/Pats/Bruins/C's...and I've got some real, bad, probably unhealthy, out of the stratosphere hatred for a ton of other cities' teams, several of which reside in NY...the only competition in my family in that department is my wife, who somehow just despises the Lakers more than, well, anybody else I know.

As far as the uniform thing, when it happens to other teams, it's funny. It's hilarious. You point and laugh at them. But when it happens to YOUR team, it's "What the hell?! How the hell did THAT happen?!" I wonder if anybody really complained to Bob's face about it...anyway, the season's almost starting, and I hope Gisele has finished hiding all the scissors in the house...did you know her middle name is Caroline? Is there a Sox thing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back