PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel bad future Patriots fans who were born after the Brady era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't bore anyone with the backstory, but essentially when Butler made the pick I felt compelled to attempt to reconnect emotionally with the team that left me in 1993.

Ah.

At long last, the Truth comes out.

Or, rather: Your twisted, deranged, and hilariously rationalized excuse for why you gutlessly dumped the Patriots way back in 1993, because you lack the Integrity to stand by your original Team. :eek:

If I live 1000 Years or more, and the Patriots don't win another Championship between now and then, I will still be rooting my Team on, for however long The Angels grant me Life.

I am a Yankee ~ a term applicable exclusively to Natives of New EngLand, The Cradle of Liberty ~ and I consider it a Privilege to root for Teams that represent the Region that dragged the other 9 Colonies, kicking and screaming, into The Revolutionary War and forged this Great Nation.

By 1993, you'd evidently had enough...and you dumped our Team.

You sold out

And I'd bet cold, hard Cash that you started rooting for the CowBoys...didn't you?? ;)

Because they were on top in 1993, winning SuperBowls, and you could finally go around at Bars and say "Yeah, CowBoy Fan, here. Damn, it's great to be this good. I'll bet my #$%&'s bigger'n yours."

Yep. It was just too much for a man of your "Character" to stick by'is Team.

The last 15 Years or so must've been a NightMare for you. :eek:

First, you abandon a Team...and then they go on to become ~ regardless of what Scum like Goodell try to convince Idiots of ~ not only the greatest Dynasty in FootBall History, but the very storybook Image ~ Working for Each Other, Team First, always and everyone, 53 Men going to War for each other ~ of the very best, most admirable things that Sports stands for and inspires in all of us: The Patriots are The Dream.

But you...you dumped'm!! :eek:

And you did that just before we launched this indescribably magnificent Dream Dynasty!!
icon_lol.gif

I can't even imagine the Bitterness you've felt over the last 15 Years!!!
jester.gif

tumblr_ljux54x8iE1qcgb8s.gif

Go on, though: Tell us all about how you abandoned the Patriots not because you lacked the Integrity or Guts to stand by'm, but because...why?? Oh yeah: you didn't like their Uniforms!!!
icon_lol.gif

I've been wondering why you've been acting like such a frothing Whack Job about the Uniforms, and now I understand perfectly: You betrayed them, 23 Years ago, using the change of Uniforms as, honestly, the most pathetically hollow excuse for Betrayal that I've read...And now you're squawking relentlessly about it in a hilariously desperate and futile attempt to rationalize your Abandonment, 23 Years ago!!
jester.gif

Give it up, man: You betrayed and abandoned them 23 Years ago, but now you want back in, because we've won 4 Championships without you, and I guess the CowBoys no longer deserve your Love!!
icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with that.
;)

Last edited:
ridicule - noun: speech or action intended to cause contemptuous laughter at a person or thing; derision.

The phony "scandals" accepted as reality by the media and public, and accompanied by real tangible penalties imposed by the National Fraud League are worse than anything ever directed at our team. The suffix "-Gate" refers to a real crime that really happened, ordered by the real lying, criminal leader of the Anti-Civil Rights Party. I found people's surprise and shock at the time to be completely stupid; we're talking about Tricky **** Nixon, Checkers the Dog, 'Nam, Kent State etc. etc. In '07, the term "Spy-" is senseless in that at every single football game I ever attended, both sidelines were clearly visible to everyone in the stadium and watching on TV. In '15, there is no evidence that the team did anything to manipulate equipment; while there are substantial indications that it is more probable than not (sorry) that Kensil, Grigson, Harbaugh et al. were in collusion.

You could use a political history lesson, but this isn't the place for that.

As for your assertion that the Pats were no more laughed at back then as they are now, I say poppycock. The Pats are feared now. Even with 32 owners and the NYJFL working against them to produce parity, the Pats train just keeps on rolling along.

Ah.

Or, rather: Your twisted, deranged, and hilariously rationalized excuse for why you gutlessly dumped the Patriots way back in 1993, because you lack the Integrity to stand by your original Team. :eek:

If I live 1000 Years or more, and the Patriots don't win another Championship between now and then, I will still be rooting my Team on, for however long The Angels grant me Life.

I am a Yankee ~ a term applicable exclusively to Natives of New EngLand, The Cradle of Liberty ~ and I consider it a Privilege to root for Teams that represent the Region that dragged the other 9 Colonies, kicking and screaming, into The Revolutionary War and forged this Great Nation.

You sold out

And I'd bet cold, hard Cash that you started rooting for the CowBoys...didn't you?? ;)

Because they were on top in 1993, winning SuperBowls, and you could finally go around at Bars and say "Yeah, CowBoy Fan, here. Damn, it's great to be this good. I'll bet my #$%&'s bigger'n yours."

First, you abandon a Team...and then they go on to become ~ regardless of what Scum like Goodell try to convince Idiots of ~ not only the greatest Dynasty in FootBall History, but the very storybook Image ~ Working for Each Other, Team First, always and everyone, 53 Men going to War for each other ~ of the very best, most admirable things that Sports stands for and inspires in all of us: The Patriots are The Dream.

And you did that just before we launched this indescribably magnificent Dream Dynasty!!
icon_lol.gif

jester.gif

Go on, though: Tell us all about how you abandoned the Patriots not because you lacked the Integrity or Guts to stand by'm, but because...why?? Oh yeah: you didn't like their Uniforms!!!
icon_lol.gif

I've been wondering why you've been acting like such a frothing Whack Job about the Uniforms, and now I understand perfectly: You betrayed them, 23 Years ago, using the change of Uniforms as, honestly, the most pathetically hollow excuse for Betrayal that I've read...And now you're squawking relentlessly about it in a hilariously desperate and futile attempt to rationalize your Abandonment, 23 Years ago!!
jester.gif

Give it up, man: You betrayed and abandoned them 23 Years ago, but now you want back in, because we've won 4 Championships without you, and I guess the CowBoys no longer deserve your Love!!
icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with that.
;)

There's so much I want to say but I don't have time now. I'll be back later. Great post as usual Grid.

I'm not going lie, I am so honored and thankful I can live my youth and life in general watching the two GOATS taking command of the field. Winning is great, but witnessing greatness and seeing Tom Brady and BB succeed has made amazing and will continue to make memories for me.

I won't lie (again), its scary. I'm only 23 and barring an accident, should live to see my Patriots in the 2060s and maybe even 2070s. 2080s is still plausible. Though, its scary to know Brady won't be there. My NE hero.

Thank you Brady. Thank you for the memories I can one day tell my grandchildren.

So, how about you guys?
I have always found it to be pretty pathetic when fans thump their chests about team accomplishments that took place before they were even born. i.e. a 22 year old bragging about the Yankees' 26 championships. So I suppose the day will come with the average 20-something was born before the Patriots' glory days we are currently enjoying.

I guess my hope is that the next regime continues winning.

I like to think'f us as a Region, not a Town, but to answer your question, as I did some disturbingly intensive Research on that question, a few Years back: Yes and No, as your question is kind of vague.

Yes, other Regions have enjoyed Championships in multiple Sports during the same stretch of Time. Many.

And no: No Region had ever accomplished what we've had the Privilege of sharing over the last 15 Years.

Damn, I wish we were us.

Oh...

Wait a moment...

We are. :D
Right, you can't for example count all teams within New York, as within the city they've always been intense rivals who hate each other...

I have always found it to be pretty pathetic when fans thump their chests about team accomplishments that took place before they were even born. i.e. a 22 year old bragging about the Yankees' 26 championships. So I suppose the day will come with the average 20-something was born before the Patriots' glory days we are currently enjoying.

I guess my hope is that the next regime continues winning.
There's NOTHING wrong with being born when you were born, and as today's popular culture totally discourages and frowns upon it, it is highly commendable for a young person to study, reseach, understand and appreciate what happened on the sports field, and in life. And there's plenty of material available, plus talking to old fogies like us can be fun and informative.

For me, we here in the Boston area get to brag about how we won, not just winning. For example, some rich guy bought a bunch of good players in New York, the country's largest metropolis and richest market, in 1919, built a stadium and had by far the greatest financial advantage for signing players over their opponents. The Yankees' dynasty was simply bought. Meanwhile, simple, humble Walter Brown, who was headed for the Hockey HOF already, loved Boston and just felt the town should have a pro basketball team. He mortgaged his house and formed the Celtics, and even with unparalleled success on the court, the franchise barely broke even from year to year. It was after his sudden passing that the team ran through a string of mostly lousy ownerships, and even then Red stayed and found a way to win again (drafting Larry as a junior-eligible in '78). All the while competing against loaded Jack Kent Cooke's/Dr. Jerry Buss' rich La La Land Lakers. Boston simply has the richest sports history of any town/region, and yup, we're lucky.

I'm going to be 21 in just over 2 weeks so my rise to understanding football coincided pretty perfectly with Brady's career. I just wish I was around for Larry Bird.
Larry seriously jammed his right index finger in an informal softball game his senior year at State, causing a permanent different angle, and all he did was take on the NBA and make anybody look bad who dared stand in his way. He does have a lot in common with Tom. He loved sticking it to people and shutting them up. You should check out: Game 6 vs. the Sixers at the Spectrum in '81, and Game 4 vs. the Lakers at the Forum in '84. NBA TV sometimes shows these. We were huge underdogs in both; people (including, of course, the local media) were really writing us off. Plus, he and his teammates sported some cool classic uniforms, too (sorry, OTG).

Reactions: jah

As for your assertion that the Pats were no more laughed at back then as they are now, I say poppycock. The Pats are feared now. Even with 32 owners and the NYJFL working against them to produce parity, the Pats train just keeps on rolling along.
We're feared on the field, by the few opponents who have a brain. Most of them, ever since Tom took over, just simply disrespect us in whatever way they can, because we don't do anything wrong, we simply work harder and respect the game, because our coach and quarterback understand that this game can humble you in a hurry, especially if you're not paying attention.

Specifically, I'm saying that the campaign by the NYJFL & BSPN against us is by definition ridicule: speech or action intended to cause or evoke contemptuous laughter. I'm saying that we are, as always, disrespected and insulted by the league. They care no more about stealing two #1 draft picks from us now than they did stealing our on field identity in '93, or stealing the championship from us in '76.

Wait...I'm wrong about Nixon? It wasn't our fault here in Mass...remember "Nixon No" stickers?

Ah.

You sold out

icon_lol.gif

jester.gif

icon_lol.gif

jester.gif

icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with that.
;)
Looks like at least 3 fellow posters agree with you, and that was funny despite being totally wrong. To repeat, they left me. I didn't go anywhere. I still watched football. And no, I never adopted another team. I liked Joe Montana, but I was never a 49er fan.

If someone's a Pats fan forever, no matter what, and they take serious exception to something done to the team, or in this case something the new owner not only failed to correct upon the purchase but embraced like a new religion, that person feels betrayed, let down, cast out, and hurt.

I feel very fortunate that I got some exposure and contact with coach Belichick before the Mo Lewis hit; I even liked him when he was with the despised Giants; he'll say what he'll say and do what he'll do and people, including the media, can twist it around all they want, it's not going to matter.

Anyway, I never went anywhere, but every time I've seen them - all ten zillion times - with the F.E., whatever happens, I'm thinking, "Yeah, but boy, do they look stupid..."

Looks like at least 3 fellow posters agree with you, and that was funny despite being totally wrong. To repeat, they left me. I didn't go anywhere. I still watched football. And no, I never adopted another team. I liked Joe Montana, but I was never a 49er fan.

If someone's a Pats fan forever, no matter what, and they take serious exception to something done to the team, or in this case something the new owner not only failed to correct upon the purchase but embraced like a new religion, that person feels betrayed, let down, cast out, and hurt.

I feel very fortunate that I got some exposure and contact with coach Belichick before the Mo Lewis hit; I even liked him when he was with the despised Giants; he'll say what he'll say and do what he'll do and people, including the media, can twist it around all they want, it's not going to matter.

Anyway, I never went anywhere, but every time I've seen them - all ten zillion times - with the F.E., whatever happens, I'm thinking, "Yeah, but boy, do they look stupid..."
They left you? Either way you were off the wagon and apparently now feel butt hurt to have missed out.

Flying Elvis is closing in on 30 years in a few years, has a bigger following than Pat ever did, and more heroes and victories.
It was only two years ago, in 2014, that the team wearing F.E. passed its predecessor in number of regular season victories.

Hard for me to put anybody ahead of Marquise Hill on the F.E. list; there's obviously no shame in it but they still have a long, long ways to go, depending on your idea of what defines "hero".

And, no matter what anybody pretends, us old Pats fans haven't disappeared, we've been spread the world over for generations, and most of us prefer Pat Patriot.

They left you? Either way you were off the wagon and apparently now feel butt hurt to have missed out.
You mean, off the "bandwagon"...Yes, as I never jumped on or off it ever. Were you intently watching preseason games with interest in '73? How about in '98 (post F.E.)? Hmmm...doesn't feel like I missed anything...it was somehow more comfortable watching Zo struggle against a very good Jaguar defense in the playoffs the whole game, than have our defense keep it close but know that Bledsoe, like Eason, would lose it in the end. Didn't miss the Mo Lewis hit (please don't put him back in, please...)

So I'm not then an American patriot for taking exception to the concentration camps imprisoning our own innocent citizens here in '42? The fact is, I would be unpatriotic not to.

That incredible thing they have posted at the Hall with F.E. plastered over Pat Patriot says it all. Kraft can do whatever he wants, he owns the team. He's surely been surrounded by people who "love the new logo, it's great, absolutely Mr. Kraft, you helped choose it yourself?, very impressive, they look fantastic" since he bought the team.

I acknowledge and respect that you folks who accepted it and even embraced it as a fresh start are no less important than fans who didn't, just like Celtics fans are perfectly entitled to enjoy cheerleaders, exploding scoreboards and bellowing announcers at the Garden that never were endorsed or approved by Red.

You (like Kraft?) appear to be selective in what crap you choose to take from the league.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed some of the 70's and 80's teams. They had some some really good teams sporadically and some great players for those eras. To this day I Still think John Hannah is the greatest G in the history of the league. No matter how much I drink I can't seem to forget the Rod Rust and **** Mcphereson teams.

I really enjoyed some of the 70's and 80's teams. They had some some really good teams sporadically and some great players for those eras. To this day I Still think John Hannah is the greatest G in the history of the league. No matter how much I drink I can't seem to forget the Rod Rust and **** Mcphereson teams.
Can't top coach Clive Rush, who electrocuted himself at his introductory press conference. One time, down at old Fulton County Stadium, he instructed his kicker to do an onside kick. Only problem, he didn't tell anyone else. So, as the Pats ran down the field in coverage, a huge Falcons lineman scooped up the ball and rumbled the other way for an Atlanta touchdown. It was like this his entire tenure here.

I'm going to be 21 in just over 2 weeks so my rise to understanding football coincided pretty perfectly with Brady's career. I just wish I was around for Larry Bird.
While Brady and Bird have different personalities, they share some common characteristics. Both are cold-blooded killers as competitors. Ice cold blood flows in their veins and there has never been any such thing as not running up the score out of a sense of mercy. If they could, they'd beat their opponents by 100 points and never let up. Bill Russell was just the same, as well. They all share a mean streak which served them, and their teams, supremely well. Actually, the 60s Celtic teams were populated by a number of cold-blooded bastards (Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn, the Jones boys, Sharman et al) who would just drive lesser teams into the old Garden floor and giggle. Of course, being led by Red Auerbach might have contributed to some of that. Anyway, forgive this old-timer his rambling trip down memory lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down