PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel bad future Patriots fans who were born after the Brady era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean, off the "bandwagon"...Yes, as I never jumped on or off it ever. Were you intently watching preseason games with interest in '73? How about in '98 (post F.E.)? Hmmm...doesn't feel like I missed anything...it was somehow more comfortable watching Zo struggle against a very good Jaguar defense in the playoffs the whole game, than have our defense keep it close but know that Bledsoe, like Eason, would lose it in the end. Didn't miss the Mo Lewis hit (please don't put him back in, please...)

So I'm not then an American patriot for taking exception to the concentration camps imprisoning our own innocent citizens here in '42? The fact is, I would be unpatriotic not to.

That incredible thing they have posted at the Hall with F.E. plastered over Pat Patriot says it all. Kraft can do whatever he wants, he owns the team. He's surely been surrounded by people who "love the new logo, it's great, absolutely Mr. Kraft, you helped choose it yourself?, very impressive, they look fantastic" since he bought the team.

I acknowledge and respect that you folks who accepted it and even embraced it as a fresh start are no less important than fans who didn't, just like Celtics fans are perfectly entitled to enjoy cheerleaders, exploding scoreboards and bellowing announcers at the Garden that never were endorsed or approved by Red.

You (like Kraft?) appear to be selective in what crap you choose to take from the league.
What?

Ah.

At long last, the Truth comes out.

Or, rather: Your twisted, deranged, and hilariously rationalized excuse for why you gutlessly dumped the Patriots way back in 1993, because you lack the Integrity to stand by your original Team. :eek:

If I live 1000 Years or more, and the Patriots don't win another Championship between now and then, I will still be rooting my Team on, for however long The Angels grant me Life.

I am a Yankee ~ a term applicable exclusively to Natives of New EngLand, The Cradle of Liberty ~ and I consider it a Privilege to root for Teams that represent the Region that dragged the other 9 Colonies, kicking and screaming, into The Revolutionary War and forged this Great Nation.

By 1993, you'd evidently had enough...and you dumped our Team.

You sold out

And I'd bet cold, hard Cash that you started rooting for the CowBoys...didn't you?? ;)

Because they were on top in 1993, winning SuperBowls, and you could finally go around at Bars and say "Yeah, CowBoy Fan, here. Damn, it's great to be this good. I'll bet my #$%&'s bigger'n yours."

Yep. It was just too much for a man of your "Character" to stick by'is Team.

The last 15 Years or so must've been a NightMare for you. :eek:

First, you abandon a Team...and then they go on to become ~ regardless of what Scum like Goodell try to convince Idiots of ~ not only the greatest Dynasty in FootBall History, but the very storybook Image ~ Working for Each Other, Team First, always and everyone, 53 Men going to War for each other ~ of the very best, most admirable things that Sports stands for and inspires in all of us: The Patriots are The Dream.

But you...you dumped'm!! :eek:

And you did that just before we launched this indescribably magnificent Dream Dynasty!!
icon_lol.gif

I can't even imagine the Bitterness you've felt over the last 15 Years!!!
jester.gif

tumblr_ljux54x8iE1qcgb8s.gif

Go on, though: Tell us all about how you abandoned the Patriots not because you lacked the Integrity or Guts to stand by'm, but because...why?? Oh yeah: you didn't like their Uniforms!!!
icon_lol.gif

I've been wondering why you've been acting like such a frothing Whack Job about the Uniforms, and now I understand perfectly: You betrayed them, 23 Years ago, using the change of Uniforms as, honestly, the most pathetically hollow excuse for Betrayal that I've read...And now you're squawking relentlessly about it in a hilariously desperate and futile attempt to rationalize your Abandonment, 23 Years ago!!
jester.gif

Give it up, man: You betrayed and abandoned them 23 Years ago, but now you want back in, because we've won 4 Championships without you, and I guess the CowBoys no longer deserve your Love!!
icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with that.
;)

There's so much I want to say but I don't have time now. I'll be back later. Great post as usual Grid.

Thank you kindly, Brother!! I look forward to your Post, whenever you've got the Time. Always do!!
beer.gif

To repeat, they left me.

They left you? Either way you were off the wagon and apparently now feel butt hurt to have missed out.

For The Win, Brother Sign. :cool:

All Alleged Pats Fan's Bluster is about is a ******** Rationalization for dumping the Team...just before they become magnificent. He wants to convince us ~ and himself ~ that this was somehow anything but a pathetically disgusting and depraved Betrayal of the Team that the rest of us have stood by.

The kids will have missed Brady's football magic, but they'll at least get to experience a Brady presidency.

We've all got different opinions about the Uniforms, but this Clown is the first guy I've ever read try to rationalize his gutless, cowardly Abandonment of our Team because we modernized Uniforms!!
icon_lol.gif

Hey, those were long-suffering Days, and on some Sundays it took a lot of Fizzy Lifting Drinks to remind my Bro and I that the World is a beautiful place, despite such Horrors as our local FootBall Team...

But I'm proud to say that even on our Darkest Days ~ possibly 1990 ~ we never even joked about abandoning the Team that represented New EngLand. It never even crossed my Rum-Soaked Mind to betray New EngLand...Nor did it cross that of my Brother. I don't even have to ask....

And that's what it's all about, Brothers.

Your Soil.

Your Land.

Your Roots.

Your People.

It's about a Shared Heritage. Even if your next door Neighbor is an @$$Hole. :D

And it doesn't matter if you're from Wisconsin...or Kentucky...or Siam.

And we in New EngLand have the inestimable Privilege of the richest Heritage in the World.

The Heritage of The Freedom Fighters of The Revolutionary War.

We are...The Great GrandSons of Liberty.

I don't care if the Patriots go 0-16 in 2027. I'll ride with'm all the way...and drink heavily.

My Loyalty...is not For Sale. My Loyalty...will never die.

Alleged Pats Fan cannot make such a claim.

Alleged Pats Fan turned his back on the Patriots.

Alleged Pats Fan Sold Out.

And now he wants back in.

How pathetic.

Last edited:
It was only two years ago, in 2014, that the team wearing F.E. passed its predecessor in number of regular season victories.

Hard for me to put anybody ahead of Marquise Hill on the F.E. list; there's obviously no shame in it but they still have a long, long ways to go, depending on your idea of what defines "hero".

And, no matter what anybody pretends, us old Pats fans haven't disappeared, we've been spread the world over for generations, and most of us prefer Pat Patriot.

For me a football hero is all about how they perform on the field and live off of it. I will grant the old patriots had some great players and men from Gino to Grogan, Hannah to Nelson. Vincent "undertaker" brown is probably my favorite nickname ever with the greatest story of knocking a QB back to high school.

I am 33 and came in with Bledsoe so while I never had the opportunity to watch them live I am a history geek and have done a stupid amount of looking into those old teams. Walking around the patriot hall of fame is pure bliss for me just being reminded of the rich history OUR team has. I am a fan now and I would have been a fan then because rooting for great players is a joy and privilege.

All of that said I hate the color red and love the color blue. How can you honestly say someone like Grogan is a bigger sports "hero" then Brady? Brown, Bruschi, Light, Harrison, Faulk, Wilfork, Gronk....I could keep going easily. There are FAR more heroes who have worn the flying Elvis and it isn"t even close. Much love and respect to the older teams but NOTHING they ever did can ever match that moment in Feb 2002 where 53 brothers came out of a tunnel as a jumping churning unbreakable TEAM! They said with a single action what the best of sports is really all about. Gave me chills then and I still get goosebumps now.

THATS what the flying Elvis represents to me and your constant whining and complaining about it is ridiculous. You prefer red. Fine all well and good. We have a poll just about every year and 35-40% of patsfans agrees with you. For 60-65% all it does is remind them of the times our team was not the best in the league full of good honorable men you can admire. What they wear does zero to define who they are. The patriots are a group of men who sacrifice for each other to achieve a higher goal wearing red, blue, white, silver, grey, or hot pink...who the hell cares? A real fan buys into the team concept that represents as OTG would say Our ****'in Region more then any other. So if you are one of us drop the seriously tired ranting and raving about how we are not all patriots because they are winning in blue instead of losing in red.

The kids will have missed Brady's football magic, but they'll at least get to experience a Brady presidency.
Oh, yeah, he'll win by a landslide outside of the 5.5 NE states...

Last edited:
For The Win, Brother Sign. :cool:

All Alleged Pats Fan's Bluster is about is a ******** Rationalization for dumping the Team...just before they become magnificent. He wants to convince us ~ and himself ~ that this was somehow anything but a pathetically disgusting and depraved Betrayal of the Team that the rest of us have stood by.
I don't prefer to hurt anybody's feelings, or talk down to anybody, just because their reading comprehension and understanding aren't the greatest, but..."abandonment, betrayal, dumping..."

As I said, I never left the team. If you ask anybody who knows me they'll say, if I'm not a Patriots fan, nobody is. It's perfectly okay to want me to shut up about the uniforms, there's little tangible to identify about it that actually affects the game, and most owners don't do right - Adams shouldn't have taken the Oilers colors away with him to Tennessee, and if not for the lawsuits and government involvement, Modell may very well have taken the Brown's unis with him to Baltimore.

It's a relatively small complaint for a fan to have on the surface of it, but the point is we're not talking about anybody except the Patriots here. As I've pointed out before, there's lots about us that distinguishes us from every other team - in a very good way.

By the way, the darkest day was when Darryl Stingley got hit...that it was at the very same venue against the very same team that was handed our title two years previous...just poured salt in wounds that to this day, aren't healed.

Just think about it. We remain under attack by the NYJFL, and we shouldn't be attacking each other.

The Pats of old were definitely broken and ridiculed. The team was the laughingstock of football and fans of other teams loved to laugh at us.

But that was then and this is now...

I literally just had tears come to the corner of my eyes watching this.

Hey, those were long-suffering Days, and on some Sundays it took a lot of Fizzy Lifting Drinks to remind my Bro and I that the World is a beautiful place, despite such Horrors as our local FootBall Team...

But I'm proud to say that even on our Darkest Days ~ possibly 1990 ~ we never even joked about abandoning the Team that represented New EngLand. It never even crossed my Rum-Soaked Mind to betray New EngLand...Nor did it cross that of my Brother. I don't even have to ask....

And that's what it's all about, Brothers.

Your Soil.

Your Land.

Your Roots.

Your People.

It's about a Shared Heritage. Even if your next door Neighbor is an @$$Hole. :D

And it doesn't matter if you're from Wisconsin...or Kentucky...or Siam.

And we in New EngLand have the inestimable Privilege of the richest Heritage in the World.

The Heritage of The Freedom Fighters of The Revolutionary War.

We are...The Great GrandSons of Liberty.

I don't care if the Patriots go 0-16 in 2027. I'll ride with'm all the way...and drink heavily.

My Loyalty...is not For Sale. My Loyalty...will never die.

Alleged Pats Fan cannot make such a claim.

Alleged Pats Fan turned his back on the Patriots.

Alleged Pats Fan Sold Out.

And now he wants back in.

How pathetic.

APF, it's very simple for most of us. It is perfectly ok to prefer our old logo over the new one. I simply think most of us feel you're on the edge of mental instability for being so over the top passionate about a uniform change that happened almost a quarter century ago.

APF, it's very simple for most of us. It is perfectly ok to prefer our old logo over the new one. I simply think most of us feel you're on the edge of mental instability for being so over the top passionate about a uniform change that happened almost a quarter century ago.
I dunno, I think I might have slipped off that edge a while ago.

But I'm glad I've got to share my thoughts and feelings about it...and I'm nowhere near fans who're giving up on Kraft...he's the reason we're here, and for our success, and I know he's trying his best.

For me a football hero is all about how they perform on the field and live off of it. I will grant the old patriots had some great players and men from Gino to Grogan, Hannah to Nelson. Vincent "undertaker" brown is probably my favorite nickname ever with the greatest story of knocking a QB back to high school.

I am 33 and came in with Bledsoe so while I never had the opportunity to watch them live I am a history geek and have done a stupid amount of looking into those old teams. Walking around the patriot hall of fame is pure bliss for me just being reminded of the rich history OUR team has. I am a fan now and I would have been a fan then because rooting for great players is a joy and privilege.

All of that said I hate the color red and love the color blue. How can you honestly say someone like Grogan is a bigger sports "hero" then Brady? Brown, Bruschi, Light, Harrison, Faulk, Wilfork, Gronk....I could keep going easily. There are FAR more heroes who have worn the flying Elvis and it isn"t even close. Much love and respect to the older teams but NOTHING they ever did can ever match that moment in Feb 2002 where 53 brothers came out of a tunnel as a jumping churning unbreakable TEAM! They said with a single action what the best of sports is really all about. Gave me chills then and I still get goosebumps now.

THATS what the flying Elvis represents to me and your constant whining and complaining about it is ridiculous. You prefer red. Fine all well and good. We have a poll just about every year and 35-40% of patsfans agrees with you. For 60-65% all it does is remind them of the times our team was not the best in the league full of good honorable men you can admire. What they wear does zero to define who they are. The patriots are a group of men who sacrifice for each other to achieve a higher goal wearing red, blue, white, silver, grey, or hot pink...who the hell cares? A real fan buys into the team concept that represents as OTG would say Our ****'in Region more then any other. So if you are one of us drop the seriously tired ranting and raving about how we are not all patriots because they are winning in blue instead of losing in red.
Thanks. You speak for a LOT of fans, including - really, led by - Bob Kraft, for whom Drew Bledsoe (Who said so?) is your hero. Maybe it helps to make sense by comparison, when I said, "Letting Paul Silas go was stupid and took us out of contention", or "Failing to retain James Posey ended the run for this group at one title, when it should have been at least three", it doesn't mean I'm not a Celtics fan.

I think when you're looking for heroes you're putting too much emphasis on winning...
That great reference you made to '02 is so important, as it wasn't just fun, it established a team identity that remains the same today. It's hard, and rare in pro sports, and we're lucky.

I literally just had tears come to the corner of my eyes watching this.

It really is incredible how much control a game like football can have on us. Every time I see highlights of any of the Pats SBs I get that same way. I also can't help but think of my dad, who wasn't around to share any of those wins with us.

Last edited:
Ah.

At long last, the Truth comes out.

Or, rather: Your twisted, deranged, and hilariously rationalized excuse for why you gutlessly dumped the Patriots way back in 1993, because you lack the Integrity to stand by your original Team. :eek:

If I live 1000 Years or more, and the Patriots don't win another Championship between now and then, I will still be rooting my Team on, for however long The Angels grant me Life.

I am a Yankee ~ a term applicable exclusively to Natives of New EngLand, The Cradle of Liberty ~ and I consider it a Privilege to root for Teams that represent the Region that dragged the other 9 Colonies, kicking and screaming, into The Revolutionary War and forged this Great Nation.

By 1993, you'd evidently had enough...and you dumped our Team.

You sold out

And I'd bet cold, hard Cash that you started rooting for the CowBoys...didn't you?? ;)

Because they were on top in 1993, winning SuperBowls, and you could finally go around at Bars and say "Yeah, CowBoy Fan, here. Damn, it's great to be this good. I'll bet my #$%&'s bigger'n yours."

Yep. It was just too much for a man of your "Character" to stick by'is Team.

The last 15 Years or so must've been a NightMare for you. :eek:

First, you abandon a Team...and then they go on to become ~ regardless of what Scum like Goodell try to convince Idiots of ~ not only the greatest Dynasty in FootBall History, but the very storybook Image ~ Working for Each Other, Team First, always and everyone, 53 Men going to War for each other ~ of the very best, most admirable things that Sports stands for and inspires in all of us: The Patriots are The Dream.

But you...you dumped'm!! :eek:

And you did that just before we launched this indescribably magnificent Dream Dynasty!!
icon_lol.gif

I can't even imagine the Bitterness you've felt over the last 15 Years!!!
jester.gif

Go on, though: Tell us all about how you abandoned the Patriots not because you lacked the Integrity or Guts to stand by'm, but because...why?? Oh yeah: you didn't like their Uniforms!!!
icon_lol.gif

I've been wondering why you've been acting like such a frothing Whack Job about the Uniforms, and now I understand perfectly: You betrayed them, 23 Years ago, using the change of Uniforms as, honestly, the most pathetically hollow excuse for Betrayal that I've read...And now you're squawking relentlessly about it in a hilariously desperate and futile attempt to rationalize your Abandonment, 23 Years ago!!
jester.gif

Give it up, man: You betrayed and abandoned them 23 Years ago, but now you want back in, because we've won 4 Championships without you, and I guess the CowBoys no longer deserve your Love!!
icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with that.
;)

The @Actual Pats Fan story reminds me of a former Jets fan I knew during my days as an AOLe. The poor man's name was Richard (a decent guy for a Jets fan) and he, like Curtis Martin, had followed Tuna Sh!t out the door and became a Jet in 95. As they say, timing is everything.

I still support the revival of Pat Patriot, but I don't think I'll have to worry about it being forgotten. I'm sure that it'll be reappearing for generations to come.

I just can't get worked up against the Cowboys, ever since they faked a winning FG in an OT game and threw a TD pass to cover the 5 1/2 point line for me. It was set up by a long completion from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson to the 5 yard line. Man oh man, that was more than 40 years ago. For some reason, even their current idiot stick owner hasn't affected me.

I can't help @Off The Grid but get worked up when I think about the theft of our yankee name. Thanks for reminding me. It's a far worse crime than changing a team's name. Although, I didn't really like the change of the team's name from the Boston Patriots either.

When I leave the NYFL after Brady goes, I won't be leaving the team. I'll be leaving the league, but I'll still be happy for the Pats fans if they win. The Pats will become collateral damage, so to speak. It's exactly what I went through when I dumped MLB many moons ago. I was still happy for all of the Sox fans when they finally won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back