PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel bad future Patriots fans who were born after the Brady era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for any fan of the NYFL. What a **** show of corruption and deceit they are running. People are supposed to believe there's integrity in the competition when there is absolutely none in any other area? Good luck with that.

Will I feel bad for future fans?

Well, I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me for being loyal to the team for over 40 years, including through some of its darkest days, so, no, I won't feel bad for future fans if there is a drought.

The experience of other "dynastic" teams is not all that promising...

Will the Pats be the Cowboys who waited "only" 15 seasons between Staubach's last SB win and Aikman's first and who have been waiting now 20 years since Troy's last?

Will they be the Steelers who waited 26 years between Bradshaw's last SB win and Ben's first?

Will they be the 49'ers, who are now into the 21st year of their post Montana/Young drought?

Or will they be the Packers, who waited 28 years between Starr's last SB win and Favres first (and only) and are now wondering whether Aaron Rodgers is the real deal or whether he's given them the one SB he has in him.

Bottom line: I won't feel sorry for anyone, but we should all realize how fortunate we have been to have lived through the last 15 years of Patriots history.

Bottom line: I won't feel sorry for anyone, but we should all realize how fortunate we have been to have lived through the last 15 years of Patriots history.

Fortunate? More like cheated, bamboozled, hoodwinked...

@Actual Pats Fan

Remember this?

4lbjp5511h6nuhld0twpdaghz.gif

By your logic we should still be wearing this and Pat Patriot is an abomination too.

Hopefully they can sustain greatness for a while, but hell, as we've seen in every sport, sports is very cyclical. The 49ers dominated from 1982-1996, then they sucked for a while, became good for a bit, but never regained that magic. Pats have been great from 2001-2015, hopefully it continues for a few more years. But the fans like myself, who have been around for many years (myself as a Pat's fan since 1975), we are truly living a dream. Fans of those who followed the team pre-BB and pre-Brady, could have never dreamed of such greatness that we've seen these last 15 years.

Back in the 1970's, I always dreamed of having a legendary QB on the Pats, like Bradshaw and Staubach, and a great coach like Knoll and Landry. Who knew that we wound up with possibly the QB of all time and possibly the greatest coach of all time. Just unbelievable. So the lore of Brady and BB will probably get greater as the memories get passed down.

@Actual Pats Fan

Remember this?

By your logic we should still be wearing this and Pat Patriot is an abomination too.
Thank you, that's a very nice looking design (far and away better and classier than the current).

I've never suggested that this original should be restored, but any logo that's been established as a team's identity for over thirty years, and for a franchise with a world-wide following and yes, lots of victories and heroes on the field, does not deserve some total outsider from halfway across the country who embraces an undeserved bias, haphazardly at best, or maliciously at worst, to wreck the colors and symbol that fans have lived and died with for generations, while protecting his own precious beer label.

Lots of folks here openly admit to rooting for "the laundry", which encompasses rooting for our region the team represents. I haven't heard about a contingent of fans in Minnesota who still cheer on the Lakers. In 1993, we had our identity stolen. The NFL said, "You are a bush league, no class, loser, scum, unworthy organization and sports environment, and your fan base consists of:

-people who have not been sober more than ten minutes
-people who have not called themselves fans for more than ten minutes
-people with attention spans of no more than ten minutes
-people who have not been alive for more than ten minutes
-people who have memories no longer than ten minutes
-people who neither know nor care anything about football, or tradition, or history"

In the business context, most people will swallow anything that's promoted and marketed effectively, especially insofar as they feel resigned to the notion that they have no control over it.

I won't bore anyone with the backstory, but essentially when Butler made the pick I felt compelled to attempt to reconnect emotionally with the team that left me in 1993. So, for the last 18+ months I've been reaching out, because the fact is there is still hope for somebody who's shown nothing but loyalty to his team to have a chance to wear #12 and go out looking AND playing like the champion he is.

Don't forget to savor these times. Rarely in football do you have a ride like this. Add that recently the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins have won championships - has any town done that before?

Thank you, that's a very nice looking design (far and away better and classier than the current).

I've never suggested that this original should be restored, but any logo that's been established as a team's identity for over thirty years, and for a franchise with a world-wide following and yes, lots of victories and heroes on the field, does not deserve
Flying Elvis is closing in on 30 years in a few years, has a bigger following than Pat ever did, and more heroes and victories.

Flying Elvis is closing in on 30 years in a few years, has a bigger following than Pat ever did, and more heroes and victories.
With regard to victories, your math is correct. You're batting .333, which, if this were baseball, would be pretty good.

Don't forget to savor these times. Rarely in football do you have a ride like this. Add that recently the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins have won championships - has any town done that before?
Not one that counts...:)

Of course not; in fact, the league wasn't expecting or even wanting Kraft to swoop in as he did.

But Bledsoe likewise did not save the franchise, and Orthwein's sermon that the franchise was "broken and ridiculed" any more than any other NFL franchise was horseshit.

The Pats of old were definitely broken and ridiculed. The team was the laughingstock of football and fans of other teams loved to laugh at us.

But that was then and this is now...

The Pats of old were definitely broken and ridiculed. The team was the laughingstock of football and fans of other teams loved to laugh at us.

At the risk of being redundant, there was plenty for the local media to make fun of, off the field, for the franchise's first thirty years. Hyperbole turned into derision. Opponents and their fans weren't laughing when we beat them on the field, which occurred much, much more than people here choose to believe. According to local media, we were somehow more of an embarrassment to be in the Stupor Bowl (which lots of other teams annually played in) in '81 than our opponents in the game, while it was us (and not them) who made it to the Super Bowl (in unprecedented fashion) four years later, and not them. Then, local media trumpeted drug use on the team as a "scandal" (sound familiar?) when Taylor and Manley took more drugs than one hundred times whatever Tony Collins had. Then, and most pertinent to what is happening today, Tagliabue (and People magazine) ascribe credibility to something - in Tagliabue's words, the Patriots "damaged the league" - which is, according to Wikipedia, "considered by many to be a watershed moment for women in sports journalism", which factually is the equivalent of considering the Roger Goodell-led campaign by the league to discredit and defame the team today as "a watershed moment for the advancement of credibility, accountability, discretion, honor, responsibility and [yup] integrity in modern American corporate business behavior and just and fair treatment of subjects and employees."

The team's ownership problems were similar to, and several respects not as "bad" as, others experienced by teams around the league. On the field, from 1993 until the Mo Lewis hit, the team accomplished nothing that their predecessors had not done better before.

It was, frankly, fun to join in and agree with the "laughingstock" label locally, it worked especially in light of the success of the other major pro teams, and made winning on the field extra special.

Nationally, the ignorant and malevolent agendas of the NFL and Orthwein toward this team were as objective and credible as any Bill Polian rant or BSPN blurb, and their disparagement and corresponding actions against us are simply no different from what occurred off the field in the last ten years.

ridicule - noun: speech or action intended to cause contemptuous laughter at a person or thing; derision.

The phony "scandals" accepted as reality by the media and public, and accompanied by real tangible penalties imposed by the National Fraud League are worse than anything ever directed at our team. The suffix "-Gate" refers to a real crime that really happened, ordered by the real lying, criminal leader of the Anti-Civil Rights Party. I found people's surprise and shock at the time to be completely stupid; we're talking about Tricky **** Nixon, Checkers the Dog, 'Nam, Kent State etc. etc. In '07, the term "Spy-" is senseless in that at every single football game I ever attended, both sidelines were clearly visible to everyone in the stadium and watching on TV. In '15, there is no evidence that the team did anything to manipulate equipment; while there are substantial indications that it is more probable than not (sorry) that Kensil, Grigson, Harbaugh et al. were in collusion.

I'm going to be 21 in just over 2 weeks so my rise to understanding football coincided pretty perfectly with Brady's career. I just wish I was around for Larry Bird.

The NFL said, "You are a bush league, no class, loser, scum, unworthy organization and sports environment, and your fan base consists of:

-people who have not been sober more than ten minutes
-people who have not called themselves fans for more than ten minutes
-people with attention spans of no more than ten minutes
-people who have not been alive for more than ten minutes
-people who have memories no longer than ten minutes
-people who neither know nor care anything about football, or tradition, or history"

That wasn't very nice'f'm.

I assume that because you're quoting them, you've got a Link to provide so we can read it ourselves? :)

@Actual Pats Fan

Remember this?

With regard to victories, your math is correct. You're batting .333, which, if this were baseball, would be pretty good.

Correction: He's batting 1.000, and mopping the floor with you.

Last edited:

I like to think'f us as a Region, not a Town, but to answer your question, as I did some disturbingly intensive Research on that question, a few Years back: Yes and No, as your question is kind of vague.

Yes, other Regions have enjoyed Championships in multiple Sports during the same stretch of Time. Many.

And no: No Region had ever accomplished what we've had the Privilege of sharing over the last 15 Years.

Damn, I wish we were us.

Oh...

Wait a moment...

We are. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back