PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you buy into the narrative of Joe Montana's "unblemished Super Bowl record" vs. Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Does Montana "superior" Super Bowl record sway you in the GOAT discussion?

• Yes, Montana's Super Bowl stat line is amazing...BUT, I still think Brady is the GOAT (explain why)

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Yes. Brady needs to win a 5th ring to win me over. Until then, Montana is the GOAT!!!

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No. Super Bowl losses or interceptions shouldn't be counted against Brady whatsoever. It's silly!

Votes: 67 71.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a stupid argument. People fail to realize Montana could not make it to the super bowl 6 times. Case closed

Exactly.

Montana is the Greatest Super Bowl QB of all-time.

Brady is the Overall Greatest QB of all time.

Inside the 240 minutes Montana played in SBs, he was the best.

Tom Brady won 6 Conference Championships to Montana's 4 and is the greatest QB of all-time.

The people using the 4-0 argument are merely parsing.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Brady is the overall greatest QB of all time.

Tom Brady won 6 Conference Championships to Montana's 4 and is the greatest QB of all-time.

You know when Montana retired he was one of the best regular season QBs ever right

Exactly.

Brady is the overall greatest QB of all time.

Both Qbs won 4 Super Bowls. Why is Brady penalized for losing two?

Montana had the opportunity to make it to the SB 6 times. He fell short twice in 1983 and 1990

Tom had the opportunity to make it to the SB 10 times and fell short 4 times.

In that example, is Brady a better or worse post-season QB?

Montana had the opportunity to make it to the SB 6 times. He fell short twice in 1983 and 1990

I still cant understand why people are trying to quantify losing. To me the amount of superbowls or title games lost is completely irrelevant when discussing these two players

I still cant understand why people are trying to quantify losing. To me the amount of superbowls or title games lost is completely irrelevant when discussing these two players

The question on the table is if Montana has a better Super Bowl legacy than Brady's.

My response is no. They have both won 4 Super Bowls.

While winning titles is all that matters, It cannot be dismissed that Brady has been there 2 additional times and played admirably in two narrow defeats (especially when your defense allows the GW TDs in the closing seconds).

You know when Montana retired he was one of the best regular season QBs ever right

What does that even mean? It was 1994.

When Montana retired, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady hadn't made it out of high school.

That's like saying "When he retired, Roger Connor was the major league career homerun king".

Roger Connor - Wikipedia

The question on the table is if Montana has a better Super Bowl legacy than Brady's.

While winning titles is all that matters, It cannot be dismissed that Brady has been there 2 additional times and played admirably in two narrow defeats (especially when your defense allows the GW TDs in the closing seconds).

Certainly did play admirably. I think the losses neither put him below or above. They both have 4 wins. Tied

RW, my post AGREES with your post. I think you are arguing with the wrong post.

Certainly did play admirably. I think the losses neither put him below or above. They both have 4 wins. Tied

Then based on that criteria, Terry Bradshaw deserves to be in that company as well.

And once again - - Montana is the Greatest SB QB and Brady is the Greatest Career QB. INSIDE of those 240 minutes of SB by Montana and the 360 minutes of SB by Brady - - Montana's performance is better.

The totality of their entire careers? Brady is better and Montana is not even close.

What does that even mean? It was 1994.

When Montana retired, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady hadn't made it out of high school.

That's like saying "When he retired, Roger Connor was the major league career homerun king".

Roger Connor - Wikipedia
It's a different game now than it was then. And is that really your counter? Guy played during the dead ball era

.[/QUOTE]
What about the championship game wins? Is it not better to win a conference championship than to lose or never get there?

And once again - - Montana is the Greatest SB QB and Brady is the Greatest Career QB. INSIDE of those 240 minutes of SB by Montana and the 360 minutes of SB by Brady - - Montana's performance is better.

The totality of their entire careers? Brady is better and Montana is not even close.

Based on what? Why aren't they equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes