PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we really have that much faith in the Jets beating Miami??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Miami, I cant stand the lolphins fans when they win. Although if we win, the lolphins win, and the Ravens lose, then I get a Patriots playoff game in Miami

Well good question by original poster...I'll say if the Jets start going for at 4th and 10 from their own 20 we are in trouble.:mad::D

maybe ty law will be a patriots fan this weekend and get 3 ints

maybe ty law will be a patriots fan this weekend and get 3 ints

Tough to get even 1 int when you are playing 15 yards off the WR.:rolleyes::D

There will be motivation for the jets.Thats for sure.

If we don't make the playoffs with an 11-5 record, what can you do? You can't be unhappy with how your team played, especially in our situation.

The Dolphins are just unbelievably well coached. The Jest can beat them.
this guy gets it...as for the game who knows..the key is farve period in my opinion.. if he plays decent the Jets have a great shot if not they will implode.

Last edited:
I think the keys to this game are pretty simple.

The Jets need to get back to what made them successful in the 1st half of the year and start running the ball with TJ and Washington - both guys are capable of making big plays.

The Jets O-line is so much more suited to running the ball than it is to pass protecting.

Teams have moved the ball easily enough on the Dolphins in the last few weeks - and most of them have been poor teams.

For whatever reason, Lord Favre has been given the keys to the offense in the last 4/5 weeks and it has gone badly wrong - way too many empty backfields and 4 WR set ups.

Get the FB back in the game and get TJ or Washington in behind - maul the Miami front 7 and throw off the PA when you want to.

If the Jets lose at home to (an admittedly much improved) Dolphins team it will be because they got their offensive mentality all wrong...again.

Maybe last week was a wake up call - and Favre is crying about a sore shoulder.

this guy gets it...as for the game who knows..the key is farve period in my opinion.. if he plays decent the Jets have a great shot if not they will implode.

Well said.....from a DOOFIN fan!!!!

I think the keys to this game are pretty simple.

The Jets need to get back to what made them successful in the 1st half of the year and start running the ball with TJ and Washington - both guys are capable of making big plays.

The Jets O-line is so much more suited to running the ball than it is to pass protecting.

Teams have moved the ball easily enough on the Dolphins in the last few weeks - and most of them have been poor teams.

For whatever reason, Lord Favre has been given the keys to the offense in the last 4/5 weeks and it has gone badly wrong - way too many empty backfields and 4 WR set ups.

Get the FB back in the game and get TJ or Washington in behind - maul the Miami front 7 and throw off the PA when you want to.

If the Jets lose at home to (an admittedly much improved) Dolphins team it will be because they got their offensive mentality all wrong...again.

Maybe last week was a wake up call - and Favre is crying about a sore shoulder.

I hope that fat douche bag Man-gina is listening.....because that is exactly what needs to occur.....that and their defense needs to get some "sack" and f'in play TOUGH.......If they do these 2 things.....they win the game handily IMHO.......Miami is NOT that good a team right now.....barely beat nearly everyone.....and most on their schedule this year were NOT good teams or even over .500 for the season.........If they somehow "magically get in" Miami will get destroyed.........THE PATS on the other hand would be a "sleeper"....and could very well end up in the big dance......its all about potential and peaking......NE is riding the peak right now.....they are last years Gints!!!! GO PATS!

Re: what a pickle the JETs are in.

So would it be okay for me to say I got kama for a Lombardi?

Yup, it can include pursuit of material possessions but is more used to describe the passion in relationships (which in Indian history sometimes involved god/men going after women whom they are not supposed to. :D)

Not sure what he meant by that but the Dolphins-Jets game will come down to the last possession imo. Teams are very close talent wise and although the Jets are struggling right now on offense I think Miami can be had defensively when defending the pass. If the Jets can contain Porter I look for Favre to have a big game, over the last few games (since Pats W down there) Miami has been allowing big yardage and points. SF game they allowed big yardage w/out Gore but only 9 pts, the other two opponents were STL and BUF, Losman's 1st start. We all know what KC did this week. I'll give it to them they have been finding ways to win but the games have been close and opponents have started to exploit their defense. KC had 492 yds of offense and if they didn't implode by turning the ball over twice inside the Miami 20 and gave the rock to Larry Johnson more (12 carries for 108 yds), especially on 4th and 1 with with 4 mins or so to go where they rolled out Thigpen who fell into a sack, they would have won. I guess that's why the Chiefs have 2 wins, if you give them enough rope they will hang themselves. Although I can see the Jets choking, I have a strong feeling that you will see them rally and produce a big effort in front of their home crowd, especially with a chance to go to the playoffs and a lot of people in that organization playing for their jobs (FO, coaches and players).

The KC game was played without Channing Crowder in the middle and while I understand this isn't the place to complain about injuries, Miami is not a very deep team. There front line players are good enough to put the kind of season they've had together but their backups are not very good. Crowder, when not getting beat up by lineman LOL, usually has 10 tackle games, his replacement had one and their middle looked very soft vs KC. With Crowders return I look for there stingy run defense to be back.

The Jets should spread them out and let the old man wing it around, but I think Brett is playing hurt and they will try to grind Miami instead. The Jets defense has looked lost in defending the middle of the field, which is Miami biggest strength to attack, and there run defense has looked piss poor while Jenkins has been nursing a hip injury. Both teams will give it there all, should be a great game, for the most part I agree with you guys either team could win it. The Jets should be ashamed of themselves though. They put themselves in salary cap hell to win this year and now they are behind a 1-15 team from last year for the division title. Pathetic and a loss should seal Mangini's fate IMHO. If Miami wins you have to give them credit. There were 2 other teams in the AFC EAST (Bills and Jets), who many probably thought were way ahead of Miami, that could have ceased the golden oppurtunity that was given to the AFC EAST once Brady went down (lets face it the Pats were a lead pipe lock for the EAST with Brady at QB) and they would have both blown it. Then in comes the 1 and 15 team to capitalize. I will give the Pats all the credit in the world if Miami falters and they win it. Nobody thought they would be able to win it without Brady, not to mention all of the other guys they've lost. Luckily for them the Bills and Jets are sorry (considering they've both been building forever, especially Buffalo) and the Dolphins only have one year of rebuilding under their belts.

......a 1-15 team from last year for the division title. ....

I see a lot made of this magical turn around. I don't see it as such a
big thing. Fins were just a little off last year and lost a lot of close games,
10 points or less, that could have gone their way.
Fix the Oline, bring in some better coaching and get a better QB thanks to their rival and they were bound to be in it.
If Pennington hadn't come along the results may not have been so dramatic.

Parcels saw the same thing when he took the Cowboys on, that is
a good team that just needed a little tweaking.

:eek:It is entirely possible for the Jets to beat Fins and hand Pats the #3 seed. I think Pats have a realistic chance as a division winner but same can not be said as a wild card. Why? I do not think at this point Jags have the fire power or energy to beat Ravens who are a kind of a hot team. But truly anything can happen. This season has been a mystery. Jets after beating Pats & Titans losing to 49ers & Seahawks

Think about this :
After all that has happened if Pats and Colts were to meet in AFCCG what would most of the BSPN & other experts talking about every other team other than us would say :eek:
I think it is possible (still) for that to happen. So all Pats could do (like BB told in the press conference) is to win in Buffallo and wait for things to happen. If it is karma then we will meet again in AFCCG!

Pats vs Colts in the AFCCG is what football is all about.

Here are top 5 reasons Jets will defeat Dolphins.

1- Jets spent a lot of money in this season. If they can't defeat Pats, they have to defeat Dolphins. Rat looks real bad if his team is ranked behind Dolphins and Pats.
2-Jets wants to have a spot in playoff.
3-Who is in better position to REPRESENT AFC East? Patriots.
4-How can they loose at home?
5-Bret hadn't played well and it's the only time he can do.

Last edited:
2 reasons why the jets will beat the dolphins.

1)The dolphins will not be able to run the ball well agaisnt the jets.
2)Mangini's specialty is DB coaching, he will scheme well against a noodle arm QB.

My hope is dwindling as we inch closer to Sunday:( We just haven't caught a meaningful break all year. Guess it's just best to prepare myself for the season to end tomorrow. Expect the worst, hope for the best!

Jets have a real good chance at winning.
I'm not much of a Favre fan, but let's remember how his season ended last year.
At the end, he blew it. That may even be the main reason he played at all this year.
As this may be his last game ever, I don't think I would bet my house on him screwing up again.
Frankly, I'd be surprised if the jets lose.

Jets have a real good chance at winning.
I'm not much of a Favre fan, but let's remember how his season ended last year.
At the end, he blew it. That may even be the main reason he played at all this year.
As this may be his last game ever, I don't think I would bet my house on him screwing up again.
Frankly, I'd be surprised if the jets lose.

So would I.....this whole situation makes me sick to my stomach....i hate the fact that we need to rely on the jest winning tomorrow or the ravens loosing....

So here's to hoping favre has a great game tomorrow they win!!

So would I.....this whole situation makes me sick to my stomach....i hate the fact that we need to rely on the jest winning tomorrow or the ravens loosing....

So here's to hoping favre has a great game tomorrow they win!!

Well, the first requirement is that we need to win tomorrow before the other situation(s) even come into play, right?

Last edited:
Well, the first requirement is that we need to win tomorrow before the other situation(s) even come into play, right?

yeah....let's not forget this. This is a tough game against a team that has nothing to lose and would like nothing more than to knock the Patriots out of playoff contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes