PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DL Steve McLendon - the Pittsburgh Steeler RFA the Pats should target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to get a perspective from a Steelers fan on this guy.
What are your expectations of him this year?

I hope he stays, stays healthy, and starts 16 games!

Regardless of whether he reveals himself as a very good player, or merely a serviceable starter, the dropoff from him to his backup is enormous. If he left, we'd have a major hole to fill.

(For all the current talk about the Pats 'sticking it' to the Steelers with the Sanders offer sheet, they'd actually be better served to sign McClendon, if that was actually their intent lol)

I hope he stays, stays healthy, and starts 16 games!

Regardless of whether he reveals himself as a very good player, or merely a serviceable starter, the dropoff from him to his backup is enormous. If he left, we'd have a major hole to fill.

(For all the current talk about the Pats 'sticking it' to the Steelers with the Sanders offer sheet, they'd actually be better served to sign McClendon, if that was actually their intent lol)

It would be nice, if that Sanders offer sheet was offered as a smoke screen....with the Pats hoping the steelers made enough cap space to match and then immediately swoop in with an offer to mclendon.
I know that's obviously not the case, but I would enjoy seeing it.:D

It would be nice, if that Sanders offer sheet was offered as a smoke screen....with the Pats hoping the steelers made enough cap space to match and then immediately swoop in with an offer to mclendon.
I know that's obviously not the case, but I would enjoy seeing it.:D

I guess we have a few days left to see if this happens. Would be nice if the Pats stick it to the Steelers again. :D

Why all the talk of RFA's? Sanders was the only RFA who even visited a team this year. Exactly one player has actually changed teams since 2010, none in the last 3 years.

Green Bay had McLendon in, for a visit on Wednesday according to Rotoworld.
Very interesting.
Here's to hoping they sign him to an offer sheet, so Pittsburgh can feel the bite of RFA once again only this time they would be receiving no compensation in return.

Green Bay had McLendon in, for a visit on Wednesday according to Rotoworld.
Very interesting.
Here's to hoping they sign him to an offer sheet, so Pittsburgh can feel the bite of RFA once again only this time they would be receiving no compensation in return.

Will not happen. They will match it because its likely to be a low cost contract.

Why all the talk of RFA's? Sanders was the only RFA who even visited a team this year. Exactly one player has actually changed teams since 2010, none in the last 3 years.

Why do we talk of anything here?

Well there goes that idea. Signed a three year deal with the Steelers.

Well there goes that idea. Signed a three year deal with the Steelers.

Yep, and they got him at a damn good price.
I heard on the radio it was a 3 year deal that "could" be worth up to 7 million.

Well since he's now signed looks like it's time to lock the thread.
To bad BB didn't go after him, especially at those numbers.

To bad BB didn't go after him, especially at those numbers.
Belichick couldn't have gone after him at those numbers. The Steelers would have just matched.

Belichick couldn't have gone after him at those numbers. The Steelers would have just matched.

I'm sure he could have constructed a sandersesque 1 year deal, and extended him later.
No way the steelers could have matched that without cutting, or doing unwanted (bad) extensions.

Evidently he didn't have any interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft