PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disgusted with WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a thought. We might have that outstanding WR right now on the roster for 2016.

Why not install James White as a WR in 2016. His running is mediocre anyway, but as a receiver he has flashes of brilliance. He is actually bigger than JE and Danny and even bigger than stars Antonio Brown. We all assume that Dion Lewis is headed for a new larger role in 2016 and Blount will be back at RB. White has enough speed and after the catch should be outstanding. Brady has confidence in him is the key! 40 catches and he sat some at the beginning of the year.

Thoughts?
DW Toys

I like the idea of our top two WR being a converted QB and a converted RB.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

I don't think this is any great revelation on my end.

It's pretty obvious and something we have all seen over the past few weeks.

Jules and DA can get open quick so that means the line doesn't need to hold their block longer then 1.8-2.1 seconds.

If Jules and DA can't get open quick, Brady needs more time.

I'm assuming both players are not 100% come mid-Jan so TB12 needs more time to get the ball to receivers like Gronk, LaFell and Martin who need that extra 1/2 a second.

Thats where the line comes in.

Did you ever hear of Mike Wallace?
What about Stefon Diggs? Not a bad TE either in Kyle Rudolph.

Shorts is injury prone, but so is Amendola. Shorts had a couple of good years for the Jags.

This is Amendola's 7th year in the league & he has a total of 13 career touchdowns. That is less than 2 a year.

That is a JAG !

Mike Wallace was far more of a JAG this year than Amendola was.

Stefon Diggs had a nice little 1st 4 games of his career but since then he's put up JAG numbers. 25 rec for 419 yards in his first 4 games, 27 rec for 301 yards in the next 9 games.

Kyle Rudolph? JAG. Had 1 more TD than Scott Chandler did this year and Chandler had barely played the last month because of an injury

Cecil Shorts only has 14 TD in 5 years, that's less than 3 a year. JAG

Last edited:
For a Super Bowl contender, we have great TE & 1 real good slot receiver. The other receivers are nothing but Jags who would be backups on most of the playoff teams.

Super Bowl contender? You do realize Pats already won a SB with LaFell and Amendola. In fact both of them were big reasons why they won a SB.

Real ****ing weak troll attempt

Tim Wright is confused how such a non-JAG touchdown-scorer could be both cut and traded for a backup kicker in one summer.

I never said Shorts wasn't a JAG.
If you think 14 touchdowns in 5 years is a JAG, what would you call 13 touchdowns in 7 years?

I would call it a JAG.
Remove your Pom Pom's & you will see 13 touchdowns in 7 years is Amendola.

Super Bowl contender? You do realize Pats already won a SB with LaFell and Amendola. In fact both of them were big reasons why they won a SB.

Real ****ing weak troll attempt

Living in the past?
They both contributed to the 2014 championship, but I would not call them "big reasons why they won".

So how long do we make them focal points of our passing attack?

Should we not look to upgrade because you have their posters hanging on the wall in your bedroom?

I never said to cut either player. At the right price they could contribute, but they are both JAGs.

I also would look to upgrade because I believe adding another talented receiver would also take the pressure off of Gronk & Edelman and help improve our offense.

I am sure glad Belichick values current/future value over paying for past performance.

Living in the past?
They both contributed to the 2014 championship, but I would not call them "big reasons why they won".

So how long do we make them focal points of our passing attack?

Should we not look to upgrade because you have their posters hanging on the wall in your bedroom?

I never said to cut either player. At the right price they could contribute, but they are both JAGs.

I also would look to upgrade because I believe adding another talented receiver would also take the pressure off of Gronk & Edelman and help improve our offense.

I am sure glad Belichick values current/future value over paying for past performance.
Considering they're either hurt or will be healthy come playoffs doesn't make them jags.

Do all fans go full stupid without considering context?

Team depends alot on the short passing game. I do feel that a vertical passing game keeps defenses on their toes. Lets see how this offense and the OL will perform.

Did you ever hear of Mike Wallace?
What about Stefon Diggs? Not a bad TE either in Kyle Rudolph.

Shorts is injury prone, but so is Amendola. Shorts had a couple of good years for the Jags.

This is Amendola's 7th year in the league & he has a total of 13 career touchdowns. That is less than 2 a year.

That is a JAG !

I live in Minnesota, I have to watch Vikings games all the time. If you feel that Mike Wallace is a better player than Danny Amendola, I mean, I'd say you really don't watch Mike Wallace play very often. He had 39 catches and 2 TD this year, fully healthy. He's not the burner he used to be, with the added benefit of being a bad route runner, a pouter, and soft as a pillow.

Amendola > Wallace--Mike Wallace is terrible

Edelman >>> Diggs

Gronk >>>>> Kyle Rudolph.

By arguing my point, you've reinforced it. Terrible post, keep trying.

Mike Wallace was far more of a JAG this year than Amendola was.

Stefon Diggs had a nice little 1st 4 games of his career but since then he's put up JAG numbers. 25 rec for 419 yards in his first 4 games, 27 rec for 301 yards in the next 9 games.

Kyle Rudolph? JAG. Had 1 more TD than Scott Chandler did this year and Chandler had barely played the last month because of an injury

Thanks for getting there before I could JMC. Wow.

Look I get it, there are people who watch the game and have no idea what's going on. But it's easy to have opinions on a few positions---WR is one of the easy positions for these fans.

So any time things sputter, it's obviously because the Pats lack a true #1 ZOMG Trade for Larry Fitz! The Pats could win it again this year and we'd hear it again next season.

They need more depth, but the good ones they have are good. They just are.

Considering they're either hurt or will be healthy come playoffs doesn't make them jags.

Do all fans go full stupid without considering context?

What would you call a player with 13 total touchdowns over 7 seasons?

I would call them a JAG.
What would you call them ?
Do you even know what a JAG is ?
Put your Pom pom's down & answer the question

For a Super Bowl contender, we have great TE & 1 real good slot receiver. The other receivers are nothing but Jags who would be backups on most of the playoff teams.

Yeah, I agree, I don't see a team with Julian Edelman and Brandon LaFell as its top two wideouts winning a Super Bowl any time soon ;)

Thanks for getting there before I could JMC. Wow.

Look I get it, there are people who watch the game and have no idea what's going on. But it's easy to have opinions on a few positions---WR is one of the easy positions for these fans.

So any time things sputter, it's obviously because the Pats lack a true #1 ZOMG Trade for Larry Fitz! The Pats could win it again this year and we'd hear it again next season.

They need more depth, but the good ones they have are good. They just are.

So we keep rolling with the same players year after year & don't look for upgrades????

Belichick tried to roll the dice with Reggie Wayne, but he tossed in the towel. He didn't go get Wayne to sit on the bench. I also expect him to make some sort of move in the off season this year to improve on LaFell & Amendola or in some way strengthen the position.

Funny.... Last season I asked what Hooman brought to this team. Every Pom Pom waving Hoo in Hoomanville came out of the woodwork to tell me his value & how much he brought to the team.

Where is Hooman today ?

What would you call a player with 13 total touchdowns over 7 seasons?

I would call them a JAG.
What would you call them ?
Do you even know what a JAG is ?
Put your Pom pom's down & answer the question

Troy Brown had 12 touchdowns over his first 8 seasons.
What would you call Troy Brown?
Do you even know what a Troy Brown is?
Put down your Happy Meal and answer the question. Discuss the JAGness of all mentioned!

So we keep rolling with the same players year after year & don't look for upgrades????

Belichick tried to roll the dice with Reggie Wayne, but he tossed in the towel. He didn't go get Wayne to sit on the bench. I also expect him to make some sort of move in the off season this year to improve on LaFell & Amendola or in some way strengthen the position.

Funny.... Last season I asked what Hooman brought to this team. Every Pom Pom waving Hoo in Hoomanville came out of the woodwork to tell me his value & how much he brought to the team.

Where is Hooman today ?

He also signed Brandon Gibson, a good player whose career touchdown total is less than JAG standard!

Yeah you're right Hooman didn't help last year at all in the playoffs, ask John Harbaugh. Oh and he wasn't traded straight up for one of the best d lineman on the team, so no value.

Hey yeah where is he now? Oh, with another team? Yeah I rest my case! JAGs everyone is a JAG!

Yeah, I agree, I don't see a team with Julian Edelman and Brandon LaFell as its top two wideouts winning a Super Bowl any time soon ;)

If you opened your eyes, & read all the posts you would see that I never questioned Edelman. I think he is great & delighted we have him & Gronk.

This back & forth with a few Pom pom wavers is all about me calling Amendola & LaFell a JAG.

I am now starting to think they do not know what a JAG is.

What would you call a WR with 13 total touchdowns over 13 seasons?

Troy Brown had 12 touchdowns over his first 8 seasons.
What would you call Troy Brown?
Do you even know what a Troy Brown is?
Put down your Happy Meal and answer the question. Discuss the JAGness of all mentioned!

Amendola is no Troy Brown.
Hey Pom Pom boy..... What is a JAG??????

Amendola is no Troy Brown.
Hey Pom Pom boy..... What is a JAG??????

Oh now I'm confused, I thought the value of a receiver was DIRECTLY tied to their career touchdown total. When you're finished picking yourself up off the mat, as I've been rag-dolling your posts all about, you could explain to me how we can tell the value of a wide receiver.

I'm having too much fun making fun of your insipid opinions to actually play along with your dumb questions, as if someone who frequents this board wouldn't know what your favorite term means.

You should stop replying, it's not going to get any better the more you type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes