PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis returns to practice, 21-day clock starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Now don't use him on such a large percentage of snaps again. The guy is electric with the ball in his hand but he's too small to sustain that type of punishment on almost every down.

Good. Now don't use him on such a large percentage of snaps again. The guy is electric with the ball in his hand but he's too small to sustain that type of punishment on almost every down.

It could be one snap and he's done, if his knee bends or gets hit the wrong way, or it could 1,000 snaps and he's fine. Obviously keeping the snap count lower reduces the chance of re-injury, though.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Boldin goes back to being a core member of ST's only.

One play from the Pittsburg game highlights the number of ways Lewis could be utilized. In this play Bolden was out wide and motioned in beside Brady while on the other side of Brady was White. Both Bolden and White went out into a pass pattern with Brady having to scramble ending with a completion to White.

Now imagine Lewis instead of Bolden in that formation and what they could do out of it with his skill set.

Let's all cross our fingers and do your favorite good luck thing so Dion makes it back!

Personally, I have to wear the underwear I have on until the decision is made :)

Thankfully they're brown :D

I keep reading this, but it was a non contact injury he sustained.. Playing him less wouldnt have prevented his injury it was just a bad break.

odlično

I had to watched it in slo motion ;)

Either you play the game, or you don't. You can't wrap these guys in cellophane and keep them on the shelve for special occasions. The only thing putting things on the shelf does is cause rust and tarnish on your pretty pieces.

Isn't assume since they activated him so quickly they expect he will be ready to go pretty soon

Either you play the game, or you don't. You can't wrap these guys in cellophane and keep them on the shelve for special occasions. The only thing putting things on the shelf does is cause rust and tarnish on your pretty pieces.

little+giants.bmp

I keep reading this, but it was a non contact injury he sustained.. Playing him less wouldnt have prevented his injury it was just a bad break.
Agreed but Lewis has had injuries throughout his career. In general, you don't want a guy his size taking the amount of snaps he did at the most physical skill position on the offense.

i'd use him on occasional second and longs and most third and 5's (or less). Use LG on 1st down, some 2nds mid, 3rd and shorts, some 4th and inches.

Isn't assume since they activated him so quickly they expect he will be ready to go pretty soon

He hasn't been activated yet. He is still on PUP. They have 3 weeks to officially activate him.

Presuming that what we've seen from LGB and White so far holds steady, then he'll likely be a nice addition that won't require a heavy workload, which is ideal given his skill set, size, and history. Until he comes out and actually shows it though, at this point though if everything was on the line and they could only have 2 actual RBs on the game-day roster I'd take Blount/White.

This guy just hasn't played in a long time. And he's never made it through a full pro season. So I still don't get treating the guy like he's a Moss-level weapon, but certainly better to have him than not. And unless Bolden is considered a must-have for ST - and he's good, but not a must play to me as Slater, Ebner, and King rise above him even on that list - then it's an easy move if Lewis can go at all to have him out there even in limited duty and see what he's got. Looking forward to seeing it.

He hasn't been activated yet. He is still on PUP. They have 3 weeks to officially activate him.
but they could have held off from letting him start to practice if they needed more time for him on PUP right?

but they could have held off from letting him start to practice if they needed more time for him on PUP right?

Yes, they could have kept on on pup technically until week 11. Then the 21 day window starts.

Generally agree with Weezy, but two factors undoubtedly contribute to increase overall injury risk. 1) fatigue, and 2) simple math, number of snaps. If NE can reduce the risk and maintain Dion's game impact, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call