PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been posted, and if it has, then to quote PatsNut, tough.

From Mike Reiss' blog:

Dillon sighting

Running back Corey Dillon was present during the media-access period in the locker room today. He didn't answer questions from reporters.

Dillon left Sunday's game in the second quarter with what the team reported was an arm injury (NBC reported it as a right arm injury). Dillon didn't return to the game.

Today in the locker room, Dillon didn't have his arm in a sling.

This is good news. We need this guy. He brings something different than Maroney, and he looks closer to his 2004 self than the 2005 version. Plus I agree with others who have said that Maroney isn't ready to carry the load.

It's good news in itself that Dillon was even in the locker room. Usually when a guy is significantly injured he stays away when the media is present.

Last edited:
Hopefully he will be close to full strength come Sunday, It was obvious against Denver, Maroney is better when sharing the load with Dillon.

I hope last night they were just playing it safe with Dillon, we need him more in december than we do in week 3.

Dillon being at 100% is absolutley crucial, if we learned anything from last night its that without a decent running game, this offense could be in big trouble...

Like in 2004, we need Dillion to be the MVP on offense. Without him this thing is not going anywhere!

He can be hurt every night with his running. But I really cant complain about ten yard bursts up the middle, knocking guys over. You want to know who sealed our two wins, that was Corey Dillon.

Dillion's role in this offense right now is even more important since we don't have a great passing game. Teams will load up in the box until we prove we can throw the ball--and when they do this maroney isn't the guy we need, it's dillion. maroney will be great when things are more spread out

Tomase is saying it was a neck stinger

Dillon walks on

Running back Corey Dillon walked through the locker room looking no worse for wear 18 hours after leaving Sunday’s game with the Broncos with what the team termed an arm injury.

A source indicated that Dillon suffered a neck stinger and is considered day to day. Approached by reporters, Dillon declined comment.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=159321

Ceresco said:
It was obvious against Denver, Maroney is better when sharing the load with Dillon.

What was obvious to me is, Maroney is better when he's not running against Denver.

We need Corey badly, that much is obvious. I think he has played very well this year so far and everything just works better with him in.

Hopefully, he'll have a great game against the Bengals.

Zippo, I keep meaning to tell you your sig pic is awesome.:)

Guys. It seems pretty obvious to me that Dillon was injured in the Jets game. He tried to play against the Broncos, but couldn't go more than a couple of series.

To think that this is just a ding and he'll be all better in a day or two is probably wishful thinking.

It also seems obvious to me that Jackson must have reinjured the hammy in the Jets game. Otherwise, I don't think he would have shown up on the injury report as "questionable" three days after the Jets game.

hwc said:
Guys. It seems pretty obvious to me that Dillon was injured in the Jets game. He tried to play against the Broncos, but couldn't go more than a couple of series.

To think that this is just a ding and he'll be all better in a day or two is probably wishful thinking.

It also seems obvious to me that Jackson must have reinjured the hammy in the Jets game. Otherwise, I don't think he would have shown up on the injury report as "questionable" three days after the Jets game.

The Dillon one I will grant you, but Gabe was Probable before the Jet game, played, and then was probable again. If you are saying that Jackson should have gone from Questionable to off the list like Warren, there is precedent that that isn't necessarily the case.

Would you agree that if Dillon still is a little dinged up on sunday we'd be better off holding him out till hes 100%? I don't think we can afford to have this thing linger on all year

There's absolutely no proof that the two injuries are related. Stingers can happen at any time, no matter how healthy you are and are often completely unrelated to another injury.

Dillon Dinged Up

BBelichicken said:
Would you agree that if Dillon still is a little dinged up on sunday we'd be better off holding him out till hes 100%? I don't think we can afford to have this thing linger on all year
if its an arm, corey & the medical folks should be devising something that allows him to carry the ball. that's not an easy task.
corey has had bad ankle problems, both high and low. he's a different RB when his wheels aren't right (who isn't).
he also needs to be able to lower his shoulder and pump those legs. it IS probably better to hold him out and use more of heath evans.

Oswlek said:
If you are saying that Jackson should have gone from Questionable to off the list like Warren, there is precedent that that isn't necessarily the case.

I'm saying that IF his hamstring had actually been healed, he probably would have moved up to "Probable" after playing in the Jets game. He didn't move. He remained "Questionable" and then was inactive for the Broncos. Logic suggests that he is still injured. Which sucks, BTW.

hwc said:
I'm saying that IF his hamstring had actually been healed, he probably would have moved up to "Probable" after playing in the Jets game. He didn't move. He remained "Questionable" and then was inactive for the Broncos. Logic suggests that he is still injured. Which sucks, BTW.

If he was probable and still inactive that would have been worse to me because it would be more likely that he was a healthy scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back