Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dillon Injury

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by zippo59, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't know if this has already been posted, and if it has, then to quote PatsNut, tough.

From Mike Reiss' blog:

This is good news. We need this guy. He brings something different than Maroney, and he looks closer to his 2004 self than the 2005 version. Plus I agree with others who have said that Maroney isn't ready to carry the load.

It's good news in itself that Dillon was even in the locker room. Usually when a guy is significantly injured he stays away when the media is present.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  2. Ceresco

Ceresco Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hopefully he will be close to full strength come Sunday, It was obvious against Denver, Maroney is better when sharing the load with Dillon.

3. BBelichicken

BBelichicken Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope last night they were just playing it safe with Dillon, we need him more in december than we do in week 3.

Dillon being at 100% is absolutley crucial, if we learned anything from last night its that without a decent running game, this offense could be in big trouble...

4. Drewwho

Drewwho Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like in 2004, we need Dillion to be the MVP on offense. Without him this thing is not going anywhere!

5. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +208 / 9 / -7

He can be hurt every night with his running. But I really cant complain about ten yard bursts up the middle, knocking guys over. You want to know who sealed our two wins, that was Corey Dillon.

6. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Dillion's role in this offense right now is even more important since we don't have a great passing game. Teams will load up in the box until we prove we can throw the ball--and when they do this maroney isn't the guy we need, it's dillion. maroney will be great when things are more spread out

7. NavinR.Johnson

NavinR.Johnson On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tomase is saying it was a neck stinger

Dillon walks on

Running back Corey Dillon walked through the locker room looking no worse for wear 18 hours after leaving Sunday’s game with the Broncos with what the team termed an arm injury.

A source indicated that Dillon suffered a neck stinger and is considered day to day. Approached by reporters, Dillon declined comment.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=159321

8. shakadave

shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What was obvious to me is, Maroney is better when he's not running against Denver.

9. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

We need Corey badly, that much is obvious. I think he has played very well this year so far and everything just works better with him in.

Hopefully, he'll have a great game against the Bengals.

Zippo, I keep meaning to tell you your sig pic is awesome.:)

10. hwc

hwc In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +639 / 51 / -25

Guys. It seems pretty obvious to me that Dillon was injured in the Jets game. He tried to play against the Broncos, but couldn't go more than a couple of series.

To think that this is just a ding and he'll be all better in a day or two is probably wishful thinking.

It also seems obvious to me that Jackson must have reinjured the hammy in the Jets game. Otherwise, I don't think he would have shown up on the injury report as "questionable" three days after the Jets game.

11. Oswlek

Oswlek Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,385 / 14 / -4

The Dillon one I will grant you, but Gabe was Probable before the Jet game, played, and then was probable again. If you are saying that Jackson should have gone from Questionable to off the list like Warren, there is precedent that that isn't necessarily the case.

12. BBelichicken

BBelichicken Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would you agree that if Dillon still is a little dinged up on sunday we'd be better off holding him out till hes 100%? I don't think we can afford to have this thing linger on all year

13. zippo59

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There's absolutely no proof that the two injuries are related. Stingers can happen at any time, no matter how healthy you are and are often completely unrelated to another injury.

14. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dillon Dinged Up

if its an arm, corey & the medical folks should be devising something that allows him to carry the ball. that's not an easy task.
    corey has had bad ankle problems, both high and low. he's a different RB when his wheels aren't right (who isn't).
    he also needs to be able to lower his shoulder and pump those legs. it IS probably better to hold him out and use more of heath evans.

15. hwc

hwc In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +639 / 51 / -25

I'm saying that IF his hamstring had actually been healed, he probably would have moved up to "Probable" after playing in the Jets game. He didn't move. He remained "Questionable" and then was inactive for the Broncos. Logic suggests that he is still injured. Which sucks, BTW.

16. zippo59

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If he was probable and still inactive that would have been worse to me because it would be more likely that he was a healthy scratch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.