PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Maroney get benched last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man oh man can you imagine the 2004 dillon on this team?

Do you have a time machine or something? McFly!!!

I've heard of living in the past, but this is ridiculous.

Also, 2005 Dillon= Made o' Glass!!!!! Washed up!!! He's a bust!!!!

Do you have a time machine or something? McFly!!!

I've heard of living in the past, but this is ridiculous.

Also, 2005 Dillon= Made o' Glass!!!!! Washed up!!! He's a bust!!!!

Oh look another one of the co called fair and polite Maroney wagon riders insulting me for talking about Corey Dillon.

Good job, champ!

Maroney is on the best offensive football team in history. Maroney has zero 100 yard games. Maroney has 1 td and 2 receptions over 10 games in his second year. Maroney has missed and come out of multiple games due to injury.

wow

Duh??? Could it be because they pass succesfully? maybe the 20-30 point margins of victory would be a clue??!!??

Oh look another one of the co called fair and polite Maroney wagon riders insulting me for talking about Corey Dillon.

Good job, champ!

Are you going to address the piece from Riess or what?
Are you too afraid to.

Ok, Einstein. How does Addai's stats in Indy's offense compare to Morris's stats in the greatest offense of all time? So, using your genius theory, I guess Brady was always inferior to Manning the past 6 seasons when manning had a better QB rating, TD's, and yards? Somehow me thinks you were one the many pats fans saying it was because of Manning's "weapons". However, now it is not fair to bring up the fact that Morris and Maroney have the advantage of playing on the greatest passing attack of all-time? Wow, I love how the homer brigade twists and turns everything. Do you honestly believe Addai would NOT be putting up better stats than the stats he has now running behind this offense? Do you think LT would still have a 3.7 YPC if he was running on this team and not on the friggen Chargers? Wow, and I thought Pats nation had graduated from yahooism to KNOWLEDGEABLE football fans.

And you continue to post nonsense and try to change your arguments time after time. Is Addai in a terrible offense? No, he's on the league's #3 offense. Guess what? That Colts offense was #3 in scoring last season too, and it's scoring more points per game this season than last season.

So, let's recap:

Maroney has slightly better numbers than Morris. Morris has better numbers than Addai. In fact, Kenton Keith, Addai's running mate, has a slightly better YPC than does the mighty Addai. Your argument essentially boils down to two things: Injury and number of carries. Unfortunately for you and Danny88, Addai (and pretty much every running back in the league) is showing that running backs get injured and miss time, and the Patriots attack is based upon the passing game so we have no idea why Maroney is getting the number of carries that he's getting. Feel free to ask BB why Maroney isn't getting more carries.

Oh, and for the record, again, on the "break a big run" argument.....

Maroney's longest run this season: 19 yards
Addai's longest run this season: 23 yards

Maroney's career longest run:
Addai's career longest run: 41 yards

Now, are you done trying to argue gibberish and nonsense, or do you want to keep talking out of your ass some more?

Duh??? Could it be because they pass succesfully? maybe the 20-30 point margins of victory would be a clue??!!??

It could be !!!! Or it could be Maroney has injury issues and poor field vision!

Good job, champ!

Fair and polite? I resemble that remark!

I'm the biggest Dillon fan you'll ever see.

To paraphrase Pitino, Corey Dillon ain't coming through that door!

It's 2007. do you have any positive suggestions, or just nyah nyah he's a bust, made o'glass??!!

Really pat sox. Are you telling me Maroney deserves no criticism?

No. I'm not. NOWHERE have I done that. Stop being disingenuous. Stop lying. Creating straw-man arguments intended to deflect only goes to show you have NO actual basis for your point. I'm not saying he hasn't been frustratingly inconsistent at times. I'm saying YOU GUYS are being ridiculously over-the-top, impatient and premature with your ridiculous "analysis."

It could be !!!! Or it could be Maroney has injury issues and poor field vision!

Here's one of those obscure, meaningless stats. 4.6 / per

Danny's too much of a wimp to address the article put out by Riess that states the the Bills running game wasn't Maroney's fault.:bricks:

Are you going to address the piece from Riess or what?
Are you too afraid to.

Can you re post it please. I missed it trying to reply to all the people calling me a moron.

And you continue to post nonsense and try to change your arguments time after time. Is Addai in a terrible offense? No, he's on the league's #3 offense. Guess what? That Colts offense was #3 in scoring last season too, and it's scoring more points per game this season than last season.

So, let's recap:

Maroney has slightly better numbers than Morris. Morris has better numbers than Addai. In fact, Kenton Keith, Addai's running mate, has a slightly better YPC than does the mighty Addai. Your argument essentially boils down to two things: Injury and number of carries. Unfortunately for you and Danny88, Addai (and pretty much every running back in the league) is showing that running backs get injured and miss time, and the Patriots attack is based upon the passing game so we have no idea why Maroney is getting the number of carries that he's getting. Feel free to ask BB why Maroney isn't getting more carries.

Oh, and for the record, again, on the "break a big run" argument.....

Maroney's longest run this season: 19 yards
Addai's longest run this season: 23 yards

Maroney's career longest run:
Addai's career longest run: 41 yards

Now, are you done trying to argue gibberish and nonsense, or do you want to keep talking out of your ass some more?

So, again, it's not fair to compare Brady's stats to Manning's stats the past 6 years because Manning had better "weapons", but it's ok to compare Addai's stats to Maroney's even though Maroney plays on an offense(this year) that is healthy and that oppossing defenses are scared to death? Last time I checked, Marvin Harrison, Tony Ugoh, and Dallas Clark have all missed time on Indy's offense. Hence, the reason for their decline statistically this year. Also, it's funny how you are quick to compare the one stat you can hang your hat on(YPC) when comparing Maroney to Addai. However, you conveniently leave out the stats Addai is clearly puuting up better than Maroney(TD's, receptions, total yards). You Glass apologists never cease to amaze me. I remember the boneheads who used to say Drew Bozo was better than Troy Aikman because he had better stats. :rolleyes:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/11/22/backfield_in_slow_motion/

Maroney seems bothered by the suggestion that he dances too much behind the line of scrimmage. Although it might have appeared that way in last Sunday's win, he has evidence to the contrary.

Maroney's rushes went for 6, minus-2, 2, 9, 4, and 0 yards against the Bills.

The 6-yard run - which came in the first quarter and resulted in his first touchdown of the season - was a quick-hitting dive in which he exploded up the middle untouched, benefiting from terrific combination blocks from center Dan Koppen and guards Logan Mankins and Russ Hochstein.

On his next attempt, a 2-yard loss, tight end Kyle Brady missed his block off the left side of the line, allowing middle linebacker John DiGiorgio an unimpeded path to hammer Maroney, who had lined up 8 yards behind quarterback Tom Brady. Maroney didn't have a chance on the play.

The 2-yard run was a stalemate at the line of scrimmage, while the 9-yarder came on Maroney's only run behind a lead-blocking fullback, as the Patriots overpowered the Bills on the right side.

Maroney's final two runs came out of the shotgun, not his specialty because he doesn't generate much straight-ahead momentum to capitalize on his speed. Still, he made something out of nothing on his 4-yard jaunt, surging past defensive end Chris Kelsay, who was unblocked. The final run, for no gain, appeared to be a case in which Maroney's timing was off with Brady on the handoff.

So, all in all, it wasn't a downer of a performance except for the fact Maroney's playing time was limited.

I think we can all agree that Reiss tends not to be a fan-boy. He criticizes the team and praises it with equal levels of objectivity. I think he makes good points here.

There ya go, Danny. Knock yourself out.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/11/22/backfield_in_slow_motion/

Maroney seems bothered by the suggestion that he dances too much behind the line of scrimmage. Although it might have appeared that way in last Sunday's win, he has evidence to the contrary.

Maroney's rushes went for 6, minus-2, 2, 9, 4, and 0 yards against the Bills.

The 6-yard run - which came in the first quarter and resulted in his first touchdown of the season - was a quick-hitting dive in which he exploded up the middle untouched, benefiting from terrific combination blocks from center Dan Koppen and guards Logan Mankins and Russ Hochstein.

On his next attempt, a 2-yard loss, tight end Kyle Brady missed his block off the left side of the line, allowing middle linebacker John DiGiorgio an unimpeded path to hammer Maroney, who had lined up 8 yards behind quarterback Tom Brady. Maroney didn't have a chance on the play.

The 2-yard run was a stalemate at the line of scrimmage, while the 9-yarder came on Maroney's only run behind a lead-blocking fullback, as the Patriots overpowered the Bills on the right side.

Maroney's final two runs came out of the shotgun, not his specialty because he doesn't generate much straight-ahead momentum to capitalize on his speed. Still, he made something out of nothing on his 4-yard jaunt, surging past defensive end Chris Kelsay, who was unblocked. The final run, for no gain, appeared to be a case in which Maroney's timing was off with Brady on the handoff.

So, all in all, it wasn't a downer of a performance except for the fact Maroney's playing time was limited.

I think we can all agree that Reiss tends not to be a fan-boy. He criticizes the team and praises it with equal levels of objectivity. I think he makes good points here.

Here you go.
Get to work Danny.

Ya, so Mike Reiss said it wasn't a bad game so it wasn't? But when Michael Felger questions Maroney, than he is a moron? Ok, I get it. The same people saying Maroney hasn't been performing bad are probably cut from the same cloth that the "Manning didn't play bad even though he threw 6 INTs" camp was cut from.

Ya, so Mike Reiss said it wasn't a bad game so it wasn't? But when Michael Felger questions Maroney, than he is a moron? Ok, I get it. The same people saying Maroney hasn't been performing bad are probably cut from the same cloth that the "Manning didn't play bad even though he threw 6 INTs" camp was cut from.

Are you going to actually address any of the facts?
Riess just pointed out what happened on each play.
Tell me how those runs were Maroney's fault.
And saying "Because I say so!" isn't a good reason.

I don't have the game tape. However, unlike you, I'm not going to agree with Reiss just because he is Mike Reiss. Last time I checked, Maroney has had almost 100 carries this year and has a long run of 19, 1 TD, and has chipped in a whopping 2 receptions. Forget Buffalo, because he has been playing AVERAGE all season long.

even after i claim the line wasnt so solid..people deny it and guess what, Reiss who watched the game twice and wrote notes down saw what i saw. Haters?

You are an optimist anyway.

I don't have the game tape. However, unlike you, I'm not going to agree with Reiss just because he is Mike Reiss. Last time I checked, Maroney has had almost 100 carries this year and has a long run of 19, 1 TD, and has chipped in a whopping 2 receptions. Forget Buffalo, because he has been playing AVERAGE all season long.

u want another fact? Hes got a very high success rate. How do u expect him to get 100 yard games and TDs if hes not getting the ball? Its clear we want to blow teams out and u do so by passing.

A. He doesnt get enough carries
B. He doesnt get goaline carries(no1 does..we pass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes