PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Maroney get benched last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
take the bulb out of your desk light, wet your fingers, stick them in the socket...switch on the lamp...thanx for playing

The vast majority of us are arguing simply that you, National, are being WILDLY premature with your proclamations. WE are taking the measured approach, saying that Maroney is, as of yet, not a "bust." You, OTOH, are making useless, sweeping statements about something that can't possibly be known 1 1/2 years into a career.

This makes you ridiculous. This makes us the grown-ups who are trying to look at this situation rationally and with a healthy dose of honesty and perspective.

This quote from Josh McDaniels on Reiss' blog suggests that Maroney did hurt himself in the Bills game. This takes away from the 'benched' theory but only adds fire to the 'injury-prone' theory of Maroney.
"He’s being productive when he’s in there. He had the foot come up last week, and he should be fine now. That was a reason why maybe he didn’t get as many snaps in the Buffalo game."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

The Patriots seem to be happy with Maroney's production when he gets touches, but the fact that he is coming up lame so frequently is a big cause for concern imo.
The Patriots should look to "insure" the RB position in the 2008 draft. That's the reasonable thing to do.

Last edited:
Ok, I get it. YPC is the be all and end all of judging RB's. Let's forget about TDs, 100 yard games, Total Yards, Receptions, Blocking, etc... It's all about the YPC baby! Woohoo LoMo is better than LT because he has a better YPC! Wow. The amount of knowledge one must learn reading these posts from the Maroney toadies must be astounding. :rolleyes: Hey, guys, let's tell the Colts to trade that manning bum for Tony Romo, because Tony has more TDs, Yards, and a better QB rating this year. Because, afterall, it's all about finding the one or two stats that favor your argument to seal the deal in Pats homer nation. Yup. :rolleyes:

Talk to the O.C.:

Is the running game going to become more important as it gets colder, rainier and snowier?
“Yeah, I think as the weather gets worse – and I know we play mostly on the East Coast for the rest of the regular season – we’re going to have to see how the weather plays [out]. Obviously if we get into some conditions that doesn’t enable us to throw the ball as much, the running game will need to be more of a focal point. We’ll try to go into every week with a plan for that. We’re looking to throw the ball – unless there are some significant wind issues or other precipitation that determines we can’t do it – we’ll try to keep our balance the way we have the first 10 games and see if we can’t play that way the rest of the season.”

Wow, a team looking to throw the ball doesn't score a lot of touchdowns on the ground. Who'd have ever thought that, huh?

Hey, wait a minute! The Green Bay Packers only have 7 rushing touchdowns all season. In fact, let's take a look at some other teams. Nevermind, let's just point it out in broad strokes. New England's 10 rushing touchdowns is good enough to put them in a tie for 7th place in the league. So, for all your whining about Maroney and his lack of rushing touchdowns, this team is in 7th place in the league in that stat with things going as they are. In other words, you're claiming a problem where there isn't one. Again.

As for the Romo argument, which is yet another attempt by you to divert the attention from the vacuousness of your Maroney argument, are you going to claim that Romo hasn't been a better quarterback than Manning this season? Is that seriously going to be your claim?

BTW, if you want to watch a GREAT running back, than turn your TV on right now and put it on CBS. Darren McFadden will show you what a GREAT running back looks like. The game is about to begin. Watch and learn.

Fumbles the openning kick-off by tripping all over himself and turns it over to LSU.
God! I hope he's still on the board when we pick this year.:rolleyes:

The vast majority of us are arguing simply that you, National, are being WILDLY premature with your proclamations. WE are taking the measured approach, saying that Maroney is, as of yet, not a "bust." You, OTOH, are making useless, sweeping statements about something that can't possibly be known 1 1/2 years into a career.

This makes you ridiculous. This makes us the grown-ups who are trying to look at this situation rationally and with a healthy dose of honesty and perspective.

Again, I don't have to wait for anything. You can't polish a turd. If I see a kid with NO SPECIAL SKILLS than I'm not going to wait around hoping for a miracle that he actually acquires SPECIAL SKILLS. He has none. It was a bad 1st rd draft pick. It happens.

Fumbles the openning kick-off by tripping all over himself and turns it over to LSU.

Fumbles again on the second kick-off!

Wow, so that's how a REAL running back plays.
So Maroney just has to fumble a bunch more a game now, right?:D

Again, I don't have to wait for anything. You can't polish a turd. If I see a kid with NO SPECIAL SKILLS than I'm not going to wait around hoping for a miracle that he actually acquires SPECIAL SKILLS. He has none. It was a bad 1st rd draft pick. It happens.

It's too bad he doesn't have the SPECIAL FUMBLING SKILLZ of McFadden, right?:D

Ya, because LoMo looked like Walter Payton on sunday. :rolleyes:

Ya, because LoMo looked like Walter Payton on sunday. :rolleyes:

And once again you try to divert the subject because your assertion was making you look like an ass. I'd say you should be a politician because you do this so often, but you're terrible at it.

Hey man, don't hate.
McFadden doing a great job showing me how a REAL running back fumbles.:D

Ummm, those were kick returns my friend. Not running plays. I guess LoMo is better than Adrian Peterson because Peterson has like 4 fumbles this year, right? LOL! :D

Ummm, those were kick returns my friend. Not running plays. I guess LoMo is better than Adrian Peterson because Peterson has like 4 fumbles this year, right? LOL! :D

You mean protecting the ball on a kick-off return is not important?
I'm confused.:rolleyes:

Apparently, good hands is not a special skill needed for running backs in National Sports Advisors' world. This will, naturally, be puzzling to Ahman Green, Kevin Faulk and Tiki Barber, but what the hell do they know?

Last edited:
Oh I get it. You just spelled Jacob Hester wrong.:D
Now that's how a REAL running back plays.:cool:

Last edited:

Sure it is. However, you have come to the conclusion that LoMo is BETTER than McFadden because of two fumbles? Wow. Maybe all the scouts should walk out of the stadium now. Maybe we'll have a chance to grab McFadden in the 6th rd because teams will pass this bum up because he fumbled two kick returns. LOL! Wow, I feel so sorry for you Glass apologists. His career has been so bad thru almost 2 seasons that you can only celebrate when oppossing players fumble because you certainly can't celebrate the 6 carries 19 yards that LoMo put up in Buffalo. :D

Last edited:
Felix Jones is very good. U want a RB? get him in 2nd round if he comes out

Apparently, good hands is not a special skill needed for running backs in National Sports Advisors' world. This will, naturally, be puzzling to Ahman Green, Kevin Faulk and Tiki Barber, but what the hell do they know?

I guess if a running back carries 20 times for 100 yards but fumbles 10 times, he has the SPECIAL SKILLZ needed to be elite.

Sure it is. However, you have come to the conclusion that LoMo is BETTER than McFadden because of two fumbles? Wow. Maybe all the scouts should walk out of the stadium now. Maybe we'll have a chance to grab McFadden in the 6th rd because teams will pass this bum up because he fumbled two kick returns. LOL! Wow, I feel so sorry for you Glass apologists. His career has been so bad thru almost 2 seasons that you can only celebrate when oppossing players fumble because you certainly can't celebrate the 6 carries 19 yards that LoMo put up in Buffalo. :D

You spelled Hester wrong again.:
I feel sorry for you Kool-aid haters.
You just have nothing to be happy about.
You're all so lost up your own ass, that you can't see the facts that have been provided for you. Even Danny saw this.
You can't because you're too damn stooopid. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back