PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone find anything negative tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I certainly could not find too many negatives to say about this game...If I was forced to say of any,I would say the specials teams coverage error on the TD runback and the sack that Colvin should have had,especially considering the QB is 80 years old:D - Other than that I would say it was as perfect as possible for a team to have in a game and all Patriot Nation stands proud tonight:)

I'd say Viking fans probably did :D

This win was as good as they come. Great game plan followed by great execution followed by no injuries or very minimal at the most.

The blitz pick-up wasn't as good as it should have been. Luckily, it only resulted in 3 sacks of Brady.

The Viking fans are calling BB classless for running 5WR during the 4th Quarter. As well as for going for it on 4th down. I don't see why though. We all saw what happened to Arizona (not that the Pats would allow that to happen).

I am very happy that the D is begtinning to generate TO's.

We didn't last year.

The team is progressing nicely, looking forward to the Colts.

NEM said:
YES....But only because I am who I am. :D
And we love ya for it NEM;) ...Who can make a neg out of a positive?The NEM can...LOL-Just kiddin':D

Maroney didn't crack 200 all-purpose yards (just 168). F-ing depressing.

-We were only 4 of 11 on 3rd down conversions.

-We gave up a third and long when TBC, (or RC), should have sacked Johnson plus Vrabel should have tackled the receiver.

-Giving up a ST's score.

-Several blitz pick up break down/ giving up 3 sacks

-2 dropped passes

-1 poorly thrown pass resulting in an INT

-Brady missed Caldwell open in the end zone which resulted in 3 instead of 7

Hey, we are the Patriots. Other teams dance the night away cause they won a game. The Patriots are looking at this evening's negatives now and trying to fix them (TB watching the Colts defense on DVD on the plane flight home is classic!)

my opponent had Tom Brady playing against me in fantasy football. I lost by 2pts after his career day. Ouch. Oh well, Pats won so that's more important anyways. Still hurts though...

In addition to the weak 3rd downs, they were 0-1 or 0-2 on 4th.

Eric Alexander took a lousy angle on Moore's big screen pass gain in garbage time.

Dillon had two negative plays in three runs.

Thomas had two bad ST plays.

Watson's hands continued to not be outstanding.

Last edited:
The only negative tonight was there seemed to be some inopportune penalties and slowed the Pats down, but that was after the game was well in hand. I suspect BB will address these shortcomings, prior to Indy.

Upon review, maybe it was Maroney's job rather than Thomas's to make sure he didn't get tangled up in a block.

This is the 2nd consecutive week Maroney's failed to score on a long return ... the bum!!! ;)

PaulNEPats said:
The Viking fans are calling BB classless for running 5WR during the 4th Quarter. As well as for going for it on 4th down. I don't see why though. We all saw what happened to Arizona (not that the Pats would allow that to happen).

I was a little surprised to see 5 wide late in the game.

My theory is that BB is looking ahead to playing the Colts, and expects that game to feature the RBs. So don;t get the RBs dinged up, and don't show Indy anything.

The only negative was the inability to run -- would have been nice to see clock-killin'. Dillon was only 3-5; top yard gainers was Evans, 1-35.

PaulNEPats said:

I found it a little strange that the Pats stayed in the 5 WR set as long as they did. Brady took some unnecessary hits at the end of the game.

PaulNEPats said:
I was a little surprised. Maybe he wanted some more work for Brady and the WR. Or maybe he was a little ticked off at Childress over those comments about SB 38. We really didn't need to be throwing at that point though.

BelichickFan said:
I was a little surprised. Maybe he wanted some more work for Brady and the WR. Or maybe he was a little ticked off at Childress over those comments about SB 38. We really didn't need to be throwing at that point though.
i think vikings play the same tampa 2 like the colts and there is no better "practice" than the actual game...BB knows what he is doing , i doubt he just did it piss of childress...he could care less about what the other guy thinks.....

SVN said:
i think vikings play the same tampa 2 like the colts and there is no better "practice" than the actual game...BB knows what he is doing , i doubt he just did it piss of childress...he could care less about what the other guy thinks.....

Exactly! Game in hand, give the boys some extra "practice" to work on issues they may have going forward.

Tom's pick, MN return for TD, tough night running. Probably a couple more. A pretty impressive showing on all sides of the ball, though!

the HUGELY negative thing about the game was the referee. I wont even try to defend them when the vikes fans complain that they "gave" us the game. The off PI call was terrible, illegal touch call was terrible, and they missed so many holding calls on the vikes o-linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back