PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Anyone Else Catch BB's Presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
You would think that Buffalo was the 2nd coming of the 1985 Bears! They did "everything well" according to BB, particularly their outstanding young QB, and their good coaching and game planning. He also gave specific plays (including what quarter they occurred in and what route the receiver was running) where their vaunted QB made great throws when prompted.

Of course the reporters in the room who don't know him well don't take away from that that BB has dissected everything this kid has done so far.

They also tried to ask him whether players who did not play a lot last week were going to play more this week, or if some players, particularly Gronk, who missed the entire preseason, were expected to play every play again. BB wasn't buying and gave some vague answers like "nothing's been decided" and its still the begiining of the season so we keep an eye on things and see how players are faring as the game goes on.

LOL, I was in my car by myself yelling, "GAME ON, BUFFALO!"

Butter them up and then eat their bones and soul for breakfast.
Well to be fair, it will be lunchtime by the time the game comes around. :)

Belichick understands that the talent gap between the best and the worst players in this league is actually much smaller than the results would indicate. Thus, if you take an opponent, ANY opponent, lightly you've probably lost whatever talent advantage you think you have. He wants his players to think the same way, so leads by example.

In this case, I think he means it more than usual. There are some matchup problems present on the Bills, and I think he sees the challenge in coaching around them.

I TRIED to catch it, but the audio was horrible on the Live Broadcast..

The Bills better get a nice lead heading into the 4th, because once that pass rush starts to die down as the players get exhausted, it'll be open season on that secondary.

Gronk always plays every snap. What kind of dumb question is that? Not many other skill position players play every snap.

Gronk always plays every snap. What kind of dumb question is that? Not many other skill position players play every snap.
It was actually asked by Mike Reiss. It was kind of a weird question, but I think he was just trying to get BB talking about Gronk. Instead BB turned it into a general answer about all players and how at the beginning of the year they have to evaluate whether every player can go for all 60 minutes. He avoided the flavor of the question, which really was, "why was Gronk held out all preseason? Because he doesn't need a tuneup for the season? To try to pretend he's injured? To save him?" BB avoided any specifics and did not even acknowledge the question was about Gronk. It's typical, as someone said above, but it still makes me smile to hear it every once in a while.

It was actually asked by Mike Reiss. It was kind of a weird question, but I think he was just trying to get BB talking about Gronk. Instead BB turned it into a general answer about all players and how at the beginning of the year they have to evaluate whether every player can go for all 60 minutes. He avoided the flavor of the question, which really was, "why was Gronk held out all preseason? Because he doesn't need a tuneup for the season? To try to pretend he's injured? To save him?" BB avoided any specifics and did not even acknowledge the question was about Gronk. It's typical, as someone said above, but it still makes me smile to hear it every once in a while.

It's always fun to listen to Belichick come up with new and interesting ways to say, "Because go **** yourself, that's why!"

When BB did his con call last week and blasted those ESPN and SI stories, Reiss was up next after his rant and was studdering like he had seen a ghost. He didnt know what to say or do.Funny.

BB did say he would take the record they have vs ryan. The media has taken that and run with it as "Belichick takes a jab at ryan"

BB did say he would take the record they have vs ryan. The media has taken that and run with it as "Belichick takes a jab at ryan"
LOL, it's all they could come up with. They've got to give their editors SOMETHING...

Why bother? He says the same thing at each one -- the other team excels in all ways, and the Pats will try to meet the challenge in all aspects of the game.

Vultures, all of them. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more about Roosevelt Colvin's interview on 98.5 the other morning. He said something like (paraphrasing): "If another team wasn't savvy enough to hide their calls, and I could hear them from the huddle, 'go on two, go on two', you bet I was gonna go on two. That happens all the time. I was stealing signals all over the place." I'm surprised the headline later that day wasn't: Former Patriots Linebacker says, "I was stealing signals all over the place." with no context.

Why bother? He says the same thing at each one -- the other team excels in all ways, and the Pats will try to meet the challenge in all aspects of the game.
While he did give his usual shpeil, someone asked him on what particular plays he thought Tyrod Taylor did very well, and he gave a detailed answer, saying what quarter it was in, who the receiver was, what the route was, etc., and mentioned that he had made similar good throws in the preseason game with the Steelers. My thought at the time was, "boy Tyrod, you'd better make sure you have some new stuff up your sleeve or you are going to be in trouble." And yes, I know that would be the general plan anyway, but it was a pretty cool (and probably unnoticed by the reporters there) reminder of BB's attention to detail and his ability to recall specific plays in somebody else's game(s).

While he did give his usual shpeil, someone asked him on what particular plays he thought Tyrod Taylor did very well, and he gave a detailed answer, saying what quarter it was in, who the receiver was, what the route was, etc., and mentioned that he had made similar good throws in the preseason game with the Steelers. My thought at the time was, "boy Tyrod, you'd better make sure you have some new stuff up your sleeve or you are going to be in trouble." And yes, I know that would be the general plan anyway, but it was a pretty cool (and probably unnoticed by the reporters there) reminder of BB's attention to detail and his ability to recall specific plays in somebody else's game(s).

His attention to detail is one of the reasons why we love the guy.

Vultures, all of them. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more about Roosevelt Colvin's interview on 98.5 the other morning. He said something like (paraphrasing): "If another team wasn't savvy enough to hide their calls, and I could hear them from the huddle, 'go on two, go on two', you bet I was gonna go on two. That happens all the time. I was stealing signals all over the place." I'm surprised the headline later that day wasn't: Former Patriots Linebacker says, "I was stealing signals all over the place." with no context.
I didn't hear the original Colvin interview, but I did hear Toucher and Rich discussing/recapping it this morning. My immediate reaction was exactly the same as yours. I still can't believe it hasn't been Sports Center's lead story every hour since. And before someone suggests you and I are drawing more attention to it by discussing this, let me be clear, just speaking for myself: I don't give a flying f### anymore, and haven't for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand