PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derrick Mason In...... Jerricho Cotchery OUT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He signed with the Jets after all.

Their WR core went from Holmes/Edwards/Cotchery to Holmes/Burress/Mason. Definitely downgraded.

He signed with the Jets after all.

Their WR core went from Holmes/Edwards/Cotchery to Holmes/Burress/Mason. Definitely downgraded.

It's a slight downgrade. Mason is a better receiver than Cotchery, while Braylon is better than Plax. I thought Tanny did a good job knowing we could have only kept 1 of the 2 WR, and with this crap Cotchery pulled about wanting to be released. Even as a slight downgrade, its still a well above average receiving core. On top of that, this isn't a pass first time to begin with. Even with those 3 receivers last year we were still ranked in the lower third of the league in pass offense. I really don't see this as a big problem.

Now if we didn't get Mason, I would have been worried, since teams would've just doubled Holmes, making Sanchez rely on a receiver who hasn't played in 2 years.

The Jets are essentially fielding a very similar team from last year minus our receiving corps.

i wanted my chargers to take a chance on cotchery due to his playing relationship from college, with rivers, but we signed floyd (also an injury risk) so it looks like we won't go for cotchery

It's a slight downgrade. Mason is a better receiver than Cotchery, while Braylon is better than Plax. I thought Tanny did a good job knowing we could have only kept 1 of the 2 WR, and with this crap Cotchery pulled about wanting to be released. Even as a slight downgrade, its still a well above average receiving core. On top of that, this isn't a pass first time to begin with. Even with those 3 receivers last year we were still ranked in the lower third of the league in pass offense. I really don't see this as a big problem.

Now if we didn't get Mason, I would have been worried, since teams would've just doubled Holmes, making Sanchez rely on a receiver who hasn't played in 2 years.

The Jets are essentially fielding a very similar team from last year minus our receiving corps.

you know who would be great for the jets, vincent jackson next year if we don't retain him

he blocks great for a wr, and he's tall and a deep threat

only issue is his drinking problem

The Pats wanted to sign Mason a few seasons ago.

Hes a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft