PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd cut him - period.

I'm sick of all this, and the fewer "sideshow distractions" we have come the opening of camp the better. Matter of fact, a total of zero would be nice.

I can't see them cutting him. Yes, I did face palm and my first reaction was CUT HIM! Then I sat here thinking about the team, the roster...we can not cut him. We are in the business of winning football games. Yes, we want good guys. But DUI is a mistake. No one was hurt (phew). Yes, he has a record but still, we can not cut him. We need him. We have to swallow this, suspend him, let Goodall suspend him...but we NEED him.

Our #1 weakness is CB.

Except the problem is this fool will now miss(95% likely) all of training camp and at least a couple regular season games and that is ASSUMING that he is perfectly in shape and ready to play CB at at the NFL level with absolutely zero training/pre-season/etc...

Screw this crap man, as a Pats fan, cut his dumb *****. We pay these ***** waffles all this money and they act a fool. We pay one of teh highest ticket prices in the NFL, it costs 40 bucks to park(going up again this year I hear as well) and the concessions aren't cheap. Find another corner from the ranks or pick someone up, either way,this clowns time is up in Foxboro

Stuck in a crappy contract? All you gotta do is get arrested.

Re: dennard arrested

In thinking about it, I don't have a problem still that the team took chances on a couple of guys whose draft stock dropped due to character question marks. When these guys are being productive members of society and are producing for the team, the moves were and still are absolutely genius. But when they begin to exhibit the characteristics that made their draft stock drop, it hurts. Again, I hope Dennard doesn't get cut for this. He's very talented. But I think the team is going to implement a pretty strict no tolerance policy from here on out in the offseason to cut these issues off as much as possible.

Idiot.

10 char

You have to be a special kind of stupid to do this considering all that's happened to him and the team over the past month. Looks like the Logan Ryan pick just got a whole lot bigger. Still feel pretty comfortable with the secondary right now if Ras-I stays healthy.

I think cutting Dennard for this is a little premature. Yeah, he's a moron, but if you start cutting all your players for DUIs you could have trouble filling a 53 man roster.

The punching the cop incident happened before he was a Patriot so this is technically his first offense. DUIs are under the substance abuse policy. So I don't even know if Goodell can suspend Dennard for his under the personal conduct policy.

Dennard picked a heck of a time to do this. If the Patriots do not dump
him right off the bat, Bob Kraft would end up looking like a hypocrite for
promising to right the ship after the Hernandez situation. A certified
letter should go out to all the players on the roster announcing a zero tolerance policy for all players. I wonder though what the NPLPA policy
is with regard to drugs and alcohol?

Intersquad scrimmage.....I can barely tell them apart these days.

08202009gameblog600.jpg

Bye Bye dumb ***. Cut him now. He got a second chance. Done! :mad:

Oh look, a positive spin:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m
Good thing about Dennard: He will count just $43,386 against the #Patriots salary cap if they cut him

is that right? $43g? Seems like it's missing a digit?

Oh, and Volin added this:
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m
Tough offseason for Brian Murphy, the agent for Aaron Hernandez and Alfonzo Dennard #Patriots

Bye Bye dumb ***. Cut him now. He got a second chance. Done! :mad:

This is the key. The Patriots granted Dennard a second chance by drafting him. He would of went undrafted if it wasn't for us and maybe out of the league already. He blew it.

I love the Pats giving players second chances (signing Thompkins as an UDFA), but when they blow their second chance, screw em.

So have we become the New England Raiders or the New England Bengals? :rolleyes:

OK! Who kidnapped our team & cloned them into jet players?!
BaaWaaHaaWaaa LMMFBXAO!
I have to laugh it's too comical at this point and we still have how long before season starts to see who else can Win MVD Award........
MOST VALUABLE DUMBAZZ Award.

Tough offseason for Brian Murphy, the agent for Aaron Hernandez and Alfonzo Dennard #Patriots

Huh that's pretty interesting. Sounds like he needs to have a long look at himself in the mirror and get on the ball - help his clients with their careers.

Or, just maybe he'll just keep churning through the disposable asset that is the modern athlete. There's always next year's draft!

He just violated his parole- he going to jail to serve his sentence- then Goddell will suspend him. He's as good as cut for this year already. And yes, the Patriots should release him just for being that stupid.

Except the problem is this fool will now miss(95% likely) all of training camp and at least a couple regular season games and that is ASSUMING that he is perfectly in shape and ready to play CB at at the NFL level with absolutely zero training/pre-season/etc...

Screw this crap man, as a Pats fan, cut his dumb *****. We pay these ***** waffles all this money and they act a fool. We pay one of teh highest ticket prices in the NFL, it costs 40 bucks to park(going up again this year I hear as well) and the concessions aren't cheap. Find another corner from the ranks or pick someone up, either way,this clowns time is up in Foxboro

You are assuming a lot. First, you are assuming that the judge will consider this a violation of his probation (likely) and give him a harsher sentence that will affect his ability to be available in the preseason or regular season (unknown). You are also assuming they would have a probation violation hearing right away (uncertain).

If the laws are like Massachusetts in Nebraska for refusing to take the breathalyzer, Dennard is looking at a suspension of license and no jail time. We don't know if and when there will be a hearing of the potential probation violation. But even if the judge decides to punish Dennard, it could be rhat the judge tacks another month on his jail time next March or something like that. I don't know if the judge will come down really had for a violation like this.

According to NFL Network, the Patriots are now in a "downward spiral."

I think that's good news given the clowns on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case