PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he is cut, but seriously? After everything the Patriots have been through, Dennard can't get somebody to drive him around? What a bunch of malarky!

He HAS to be cut given the timing of everything. What a friggin idiot!

Re: dennard arrested

Maybe, the Pats need to hire some police to follow some of these guys around. It is very clear, that when these guys are on their own time, the Patriots TRUST them to do the right things off the field. Clearly, some of these players CAN NOT be trusted. :rolleyes:

LOL. All you can do is laugh at this point
Nicolas-Sarkozy-laughing.gif

Time to cut bait.

This has been the offseason from HELL. I'm almost dreading the season. :bricks:

time to send out a mass e-mail to the players and say.

...FRIG OFF...

..and smarten the hell up while you are at it.

Oh, just embrace the horror. Look on the bright side. If he didn't murder somebody execution-style, it's not the worst thing a Patriot's done in the off-season. Or allegedly done, to be extra-fair.

If I was on probation for an assault charge that was related to a night of drinking, I think I might keep my drinking to in my own house. If you've got a record, if a cop sniffs even a hint of alcohol on your breath he's going to take you in. No excuse for that kind of stupidity.

As my Jewish friends say...."Oy-vay"

smh

This is honestly one where it wouldn't shock me either way if he was cut or was allowed to stay on the team. Not sure what to expect outside of the fact that he's an idiot. All this going on in the media, you're on probation, AND you decide that it's a good time to drink and drive? If it were up to me, I would hope that he sticks around. He's by far and away the second best CB we have on the roster and Dowling hasn't shown any ability whatsoever to either A) remain healthy, and B) play CB at the level Dennard showed last year even when he was healthy. But I have this feeling that Belichick is going to begin executing a no tolerance policy.

Oh, just embrace the horror. Look on the bright side. If he didn't murder somebody execution-style, it's not the worst thing a Patriot's done in the off-season. Or allegedly done, to be extra-fair.

It still sucks given what we have in the secondary behind Dennard and Talib. A guy that shatters more than an iPhone screen, a guy that gets burned more than a piece of toast, and a rookie whose system didn't stress playing press man.

What an idiot. And his timing won't help him gain any favors from the Patriots. Driving in the middle of nowhere at 2 a.m.? Really? Dope.

I did some Googling on NFL and DUI and there were some columns last year calling for stronger policies. Here's something from NBC:

Currently, a first offense results in a fine equivalent to two game checks, barring aggravating circumstances. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league has pushed hard for a two-game suspension for a first offense, but the union has resisted. The source said that the parties had agreed to a one-game suspension plus a one-game fine last year for a first offense, but the finalization of that agreement has been bogged down by the parties’ inability to agree to the procedures for HGH testing.

Since some members here have flexed their legalese muscles (very impressively) of late: Any sense of how a conviction might affect his probation/sentence terms?

Personally I can't wait for actual football to start. Move past this crap.

Patsfans PSA to Patriot Players:

People get arrested when they break the law. Please refrain from breaking laws as you will likely be cut if you get arrested.

...The More You Know....

The only thing that could make this even sadder is if they caught him leaving Hernandez's "secret" house.

This is honestly one where it wouldn't shock me either way if he was cut or was allowed to stay on the team. Not sure what to expect outside of the fact that he's an idiot. All this going on in the media, you're on probation, AND you decide that it's a good time to drink and drive? If it were up to me, I would hope that he sticks around. He's by far and away the second best CB we have on the roster and Dowling hasn't shown any ability whatsoever to either A) remain healthy, and B) play CB at the level Dennard showed last year even when he was healthy. But I have this feeling that Belichick is going to begin executing a no tolerance policy.

Yeah, I'm in the camp where I can see this go either way. There is a fine line that the team has to walk where they can't make the players feel like they don't have their support. In this particular case though I am tending towards them having done enough after supporting him through the first trail. I think it all depends on how this effects his probation. If he is going to miss significant time then I think they just cut him.

Maybe he will be traded instead of cut? He has too much value to cut. It is not comparable to the Hernandez situation, no team was going to trade anything of value for a guy doing life in prison.

Cut his ass.

Any sense of how a conviction might affect his probation/sentence terms?

He has already violated the terms of his parole by breaking the law. The judge who granted him parole was being lenient in postponing his imprisonment but now may come down hard on him.

If I were the Patriots, I would act aggressively and cut him. This coming on the heels of a horrendous scandal is the very last thing the organization needs, and they need to react quickly to show that they stick to their principles, no matter what.

Boy, what a summer this has been!

This has been the offseason from hell. Odds are decent that he will be missing some games. Friggin moron.

Maybe he will be traded instead of cut? He has too much value to cut. It is not comparable to the Hernandez situation, no team was going to trade anything of value for a guy doing life in prison.

I can't see them cutting him. Yes, I did face palm and my first reaction was CUT HIM! Then I sat here thinking about the team, the roster...we can not cut him. We are in the business of winning football games. Yes, we want good guys. But DUI is a mistake. No one was hurt (phew). Yes, he has a record but still, we can not cut him. We need him. We have to swallow this, suspend him, let Goodall suspend him...but we NEED him.

Our #1 weakness is CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back