PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Branch on NFLN

One poster says we win the SB in 2006 if Branch stays, you say 2007 wouldnt have happened. I would take that trade.

I would too of course. I didn't mean to suggest it was an either or thing. It just seems to me that if Twig had stayed, the need to go out and land Moss might not have been there.

We'll never know of course. Its history now.

Back then, I just started following football so I did not understand things well but now, I really appreciate how good Branch's route running is. I also like his interviews as he always does well.

Did BB make them take the video down? It's no longer available

It just worked for me.

For whatever reason, that happens a fair amount on NFL.com (videos appear "no longer available" when in fact they're still there).

It just worked for me.

For whatever reason, that happens a fair amount on NFL.com (videos appear "no longer available" when in fact they're still there).
oh good I always thought this was just me.

Branch deal even more amazing than Moss deal!

I like most folks have been giving Belichick major kudos for turning a 2007 4th round pick into a 2011 3rd round pick along with some of Moss's best years.

But I just realized the Branch deal was even more amazing. We traded him away for a 2007 1st round pick (Brandon Merriweather) and get him back for a 2011 4th round pick.

When you figure there really isn't room for both Moss and Branch on the team at the same time.

The total of these two deals....we cross out the two 4th round pick.

*an upgrade at WR for three years
*Brandon Merriweather
*3rd pick

This might be the sweetest deal since getting Richard Seymour for 8 years by swapping a 2001 1st round pick for a 2011 1st round pick.

I have always known BB was brilliant. But this is effing unbelievably amazing.

(Maybe you had already figured out how amazing the Branch deal was and I am just slow, if so disregard my ramblings)

Re: Branch deal even more amazing than Moss deal!

Except for the part that we would have won the Super Bowl in 2006 had none of these trades ever happened, I can agree with it.

Except for the part that we would have won the Super Bowl in 2006 had none of these trades ever happened, I can agree with it.

This is based upon the assumption that all else would have been equal, whereas there is nothing that guarantees that. Example, would Brady have put in the extra work if Branch hadn't left? Would Branch have stayed healthy all season long? Etc. You can only compare against what actually transpired, not what could have been (and no, this is not the same as opportunity cost). OP is right, this was one heck of a deal. Especially considering how Branch has fit in seamlessly and is producing like a pro bowler.

Last edited:

It's an amazing deal, but the credit goes to Branch for making the comeback and Belichick for keeping the team well disciplined.

This is based upon the assumption that all else would have been equal, whereas there is nothing that guarantees that. Example, would Brady have put in the extra work if Branch hadn't left? Would Branch have stayed healthy all season long? Etc. You can only compare against what actually transpired, not what could have been (and no, this is not the same as opportunity cost). OP is right, this was one heck of a deal. Especially considering how Branch has fit in seamlessly and is producing like a pro bowler.

Exactly. The what if game goes either way. Our team could have lost sooner than the AFCCG with Branch.

Last edited:

I like most folks have been giving Belichick major kudos for turning a 2007 4th round pick into a 2011 3rd round pick along with some of Moss's best years.

But I just realized the Branch deal was even more amazing. We traded him away for a 2007 1st round pick (Brandon Merriweather) and get him back for a 2011 4th round pick.

When you figure there really isn't room for both Moss and Branch on the team at the same time.

The total of these two deals....we cross out the two 4th round pick.

*an upgrade at WR for three years
*Brandon Merriweather
*3rd pick

This might be the sweetest deal since getting Richard Seymour for 8 years by swapping a 2001 1st round pick for a 2011 1st round pick.

I have always known BB was brilliant. But this is effing unbelievably amazing.

(Maybe you had already figured out how amazing the Branch deal was and I am just slow, if so disregard my ramblings)

That 2011 4th was acquired for the 2006 1st (Maroney).

Last edited:

Exactly. The what if game goes either way. Our team could have lost sooner than the AFCCG with Branch.

Reche Caldwell.

Deion Branch a guest on the T.OCHO Show

Deion Branch gets his popcorn ready

Could not find the complete interview so here is his opinions on the proposed 18 game season and another on coach Belichick

Re: Deion Branch a guest on the T.OCHO Show

Branch is a pretty well spoken dude. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3