PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only hope that Deion is talking to Logan Mankins. "Logan, don't make the mistake I made, take the deal, the playoff money will make up the difference, and you will never regret it". I was all for bring Deion back (starting last year) but I had no idea he would have this much left. (and maybe he can make a call to Seymour too)!

thats a good point, someone should let deion know to do just that

Why is there an appreciation thread for a player who is 'just a guy' ;)

Brady also opined on the comments made by ESPN analyst Cris Carter who called Branch “just a guy.” Um, yup.

“Deion’s been a Super Bowl MVP,” Brady said. “Deion’s showed up in every game he’s ever played in. He shows up in practice every day. Anyone who watches us play knows the kind of asset that he is to the team — that he was when he first got here, that he is now. What makes him so special is his attitude and his commitment to the team.”

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive A day later, Patriots QB Tom Brady reflects on “a win we’re all going to remember for a long time.”

:rocker:

But wait, I heard he wasn't worth a fourth round pick. :rolleyes:

There were also many of us who knew Deion that were very comfortable with this trade. That being said, I wasn't expecting it to be quite this good. :singing:

Deion Branch is simply a different receiver playing with Brady than he was with the Seahawks. Their chemistry, comfort, whatever it is with each other and with BB's schemes is simply priceless.

well...I always listen to Cris Carter on these things and HE says Branch is nothing but junk...so...oh...wait....:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

Chris Carter just proved himself to be the biggest jacka** of all time... what a j**k ! He hates the pats and has a disdain for their success. Everyone must listen to his audible.. unfortunately, I don't have a link but you can always google it..

There is no man happier on the Patriots than Deion Branch. I can't even imagine how thrilled Deion is to be back. The Pats brought him back to where he belongs and he may just hit 1000 yards for the first time. :D

There is no man happier on the Patriots than Deion Branch. I can't even imagine how thrilled Deion is to be back. The Pats brought him back to where he belongs and he may just hit 1000 yards for the first time. :D
You can see that he appreciates being back "home" can't you. Branch looks like a man who is genuinely humbled to be back at the Patriots.

What's surprising for me is how quickly Branch, Welker and Brady have gotten on the same page as a trio. Welker and Branch work well as a tandem together. That's the benefit of excellent route runners with fire in their bellies.

Last edited:
Branch on NFLN

NFL Videos: Branch is happy to be a Patriot again

A few observations:

1. I really like Deion Branch, but I get sick of people turning his interviews into interviews about Tom. Yes, Tom is great. But so is Deion. I'd love to hear about how HE prepares, how he runs routes, what he looks at during games, his life, etc.

2. He tries his hardest to be as non-informative as Belichick, and does a reasonable job. But when talking about whether or not Brady is "one of the guys" his response 'he tries' and maniacal laughter was FANTASTIC. Fact is, guy being a leader on a team, pulling that much money, and that much media can't be viewed on the same level as the rest of the team. He's a football version of mid-management. Yes he's still your buddy, yeah he started where you did, but ultimately if ya piss him off, he can fire you too.

3. Watching Branch back this year can't help me wonder about the "lost years." That said, it's entirely possible this otherworldly performance is a product of those lost years as much as it is prior success being built on. If they both can manage to play another 8 years, for example, that might be enough time to leave a bigger footprint as a tandem than previously thought.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Branch interviews put me in a good mood and for some reason I'm feeling reflective tonight.

Re: Branch on NFLN

3. Watching Branch back this year can't help me wonder about the "lost years." That said, it's entirely possible this otherworldly performance is a product of those lost years as much as it is prior success being built on. If they both can manage to play another 8 years, for example, that might be enough time to leave a bigger footprint as a tandem than previously thought.

Honestly, and ironically, I think that Brady improved because of Branch's departure. Think about how much effort Brady had to put into working with the 2006 receiving corps; I honestly believe that effort ultimately led to what we saw in 2007 and this year.

Last edited:

Honestly, and ironically, I think that Brady improved because of Branch's departure. Think about how much effort Brady had to put into working with the 2006 receiving corps; I honestly believe that effort ultimately led to what we saw in 2007 and this year.

This could be entirely true.

Have heard Branch talk about the importance of route running in this Offense, perhaps it is why he excels here.. he was on D & H and spoke of how if a play calls for a 16 yard route, it has to be 16 yards.. 15 yards you will be underthrown and 17 yards you will be underthrown..

He does speak glowingly of Brady, but he can offer a lot of substance as well.

Perhaps but you could make the same argument that w/o Branch, it hurt him in 2009 and earlier this season (ball distro, etc.).

With that said, you could easily blame, Moss, BB, BOB, knee injury comeback, etc.

Branch has, much like Brady, embraced the fact that at this level they are all products (or victims) of the system. There is no shame in that (contrary to what morons like Chris Carter believe) because all systems still require talent. Although most have to learn it the hard way, as Deion did. In fact most players are the product of systems. The key is landing in the right one or landing somewhere they will build one around your skill set. Even Manning for all his supposed talent is one. People like to think that Randy wasn't...that it was all simply off the charts talent. Yet Randy required a system be built around his skill set or his talent languishes.

Being an all world prototype position talent matters less here or in Indy for WR (among other things) because the schemes are predicated on timing and precise route running and in our case ability to read defenses pre and post snap and react intuitively on the fly. The beauty of those systems is when you get it taught right it performs more consistently than schemes built/based around sheer elite talent and therefore dependent on it performing consistently at that level or being available to at all times. Lose any one element and those athleticim centric schemes struggle to compensate whereas in cerebral schemes like ours the next man up tends to be better able to compensate. Size and speed can't be coached (not to mention they are sometimes adverse to being coached...) so they are somewhat wasted on systems where coaching and the ability to take it and turn it into disciplined execution are the schematic building blocks to championships.

True that. I hate to be the cliche man but everything happens for a reason. I hated losing Deion too but we did well.

We go to the SuperBowl and Win another Lombardi in 2006 if we have Branch.

Theres no way Branch going to Seattle was a "good thing" no matter how hard you think about it.

In the NFLN interview, Branch indicated the biggest change he saw in Brady is the amount and quality of off-field work Brady's now doing plus he now has a greater attention to detail. So the thought I had is that Brady's now doing a lot of the offensive gameplan execution planning and coaching that Charlie W used to do and it was CW's departure that has ultimately led to Brady's improvement. According to Branch, Brady is doing a lot of receiver coaching off-field to ensure the receivers are exactly in tune with him on the field.:D

1. I really like Deion Branch, but I get sick of people turning his interviews into interviews about Tom...............

Well, he's back in sight again in highlights nearly every week. He was all but invisible in Seattle.

If they both can manage to play another 8 years, for example...............

I love Branch, but he's never going to play till he's 40 years old. He'll be around 2-3 more years......maybe, if healthy.

If Branch doesn't leave, I have a feeling 2007 never happens.

If Branch doesn't leave, I have a feeling 2007 never happens.
One poster says we win the SB in 2006 if Branch stays, you say 2007 wouldnt have happened. I would take that trade.

Part of what bugs me about the question is that people constantly give credit to the D in 2003-2004 and also Vinatieri but take credit away from Brady.

Then you go back to the Carolina game and realize that the Patriots defense came out strong but was shredded by injuries. The defense actually gave up about 30 points in about 30 minutes. The defense was a sieve that day. For those 30 minutes, they looked worse than they EVER have against the Colts.

It took a career day from Brady to win that game. Brady set NFL records for completions in that game. It was all Brady.

He played pretty well in the Eagles Super Bowl too.

I don't see how you can take credit away from a QB that sets Super Bowl records in a tight game in the biggest game of the year. Ridiculous.

As for 2006, yes I believe we win the SB with Branch. And I can easily see the argument that the Patriots do not go undefeated during the regular season without Moss. However, think of Branch in the San Diego game for the AFCCG. I hink he helps there, and he certainly helps more in the Super Bowl where the Patriots offense was limited.

But, Patriots' fans, stuff happens. You can't complain about 2007 without considering how the Patriots won in 2001. The Giants did to the Patriots what the Patriots did to the Rams. Would I trade the two results? I have to say that as sweet as 2001 was, I might actually trade that for a perfect season.

A few observations:

1. I really like Deion Branch, but I get sick of people turning his interviews into interviews about Tom. Yes, Tom is great. But so is Deion. I'd love to hear about how HE prepares, how he runs routes, what he looks at during games, his life, etc.

2. He tries his hardest to be as non-informative as Belichick, and does a reasonable job. But when talking about whether or not Brady is "one of the guys" his response 'he tries' and maniacal laughter was FANTASTIC. Fact is, guy being a leader on a team, pulling that much money, and that much media can't be viewed on the same level as the rest of the team. He's a football version of mid-management. Yes he's still your buddy, yeah he started where you did, but ultimately if ya piss him off, he can fire you too.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Branch interviews put me in a good mood and for some reason I'm feeling reflective tonight.

Did BB make them take the video down? It's no longer available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back